It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuke component unearthed in Baghdad back yard

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 07:40 PM
link   
CNN) -- The CIA has in its hands the critical parts of a key piece of Iraqi nuclear technology -- parts needed to develop a bomb program -- that were dug up in a back yard in Baghdad, CNN has learned....

Full Story

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Didn't you read the other post regarding WMD in Iraq?
Obviously, that was planted by the CIA. The scientist was either bought off or threatened.
Everyone knows there is no way any WMD's are or ever were in Iraq! That is merely a fictitious tale spun by the anti-Islamic West bent on taking over the Middle East with the intention of giving it to the ones that really control Washington - those pig Zionist Jews in Israel!
(For any new people who don't know me, that was a bit of drawn-out sarcasm and silliness written for mainly my own amusement.)

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
There is no way of telling if this is true yet.

There has to be much more verification and information.

If it is true, it should help to sway a lot of people's opinions.

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 07:52 PM
link   
...actually the parts were left by Plutonions in the hope that we would communicate with them.

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Those silly (illegal) aliens, didn't they know we'd just take their communication device and turn it into some kind of high-tec BBQ grill?

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Hasn't CNN reported discovered weapons enough lately, they must have claimed to have discovered toxins/labs/germs dozens of times in recent months, i don't doubt Saddam would have loved to develop WMD, but he didn't have access to the necessary materials. CNN =

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Obvious plant. Man they must be getting desperate.

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 08:48 PM
link   
If they were truly desparate...the best plan would be to "dig up" barrels and barrels of chemicals with the serial numbers of the missing ones from Blix's report...

From what I read...we're talking about centrifuges here, which have a myriad of other uses... Looks like another load of fertilizer (pun intended...)

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I think the US has pushed this on so much and it's getting so ridiculous that it is turning into the "boy who cried wolf".

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Oh, please get over it. Of course Iraq had a nuclear program. For what reason would they develop a nuclear plant? For energy? Umm, they seem to have an abundance of oil for that. Other WMD's. No, they did not have them. Ask the Kurds and Iranians about their WMD's.

Regardless of what you think about the American invasion of Iraq, you are really being facile if you do not believe Hussein had WMD's and was willing to use them. Hint: SH was not a very nice person.

What is kind of ironic is that when Israel bombed the Iraqi nuclear plant (built by the French, had to add that), the U.S. criticized them.

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Freddie, Iraq may have had a nuclear program but to date it's either very well hidden or doesn't exist anymore. This doesn't mean we still wont find anything but also to date we haven't exactly found "hard" evidence of WMD.

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I agree. It is rather troubling that no smoking gun has been found. What I am more interested in is what the captured scientists have to say once it is released to the public.

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Anyone know anything about the CIA team in Iraq to plant WMD's getting killed by freindly fire???

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Didn't you read the other post regarding WMD in Iraq?
Obviously, that was planted by the CIA. The scientist was either bought off or threatened.
Everyone knows there is no way any WMD's are or ever were in Iraq! That is merely a fictitious tale spun by the anti-Islamic West bent on taking over the Middle East with the intention of giving it to the ones that really control Washington - those pig Zionist Jews in Israel!
(For any new people who don't know me, that was a bit of drawn-out sarcasm and silliness written for mainly my own amusement.)

Also for anyone new here this is what TC said,Uhmmm........, a month ago.

"I bought into the "Saddam must go now" notion, lock, stock and barrel. It all fit! Everything you said was just as I'd suspected for years. But here's the problem, George. Other than a mobile chemical weapons lab, nothing that has been reported has been confirmed as being true as far as the driving WMD's are concerned. AndI'll ell you something else, Mr. President, in a few weeks I won't care if you find 10 tons of the stuff, I'll suspect you guys planted it there to make everyone who supported you happy. Well, I'm not going to be one of those guys who are going to buy it."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Obviously on a day TC hadn't taken his Conservative Pill.

There are serious issues here.The reports that I've read state that the garden was of a scientist who had defected before the war.So why is it only now,after so long,that they dug up his cabbage patch?
Fellow Britons will know about David Dickinson.To use one of his catch phrases."Buyer Beware!".

[Edited on 26-6-2003 by John bull 1]

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1

There are serious issues here.The reports that I've read state that the garden was of a scientist who had defected before the war.So why is it only now,after so long,that they dug up his cabbage patch?
Fellow Britons will know about David Dickinson.To use one of his catch phrases."Buyer Beware!".

[Edited on 26-6-2003 by John bull 1]

Not trying to be a smartass or anything but reading the entire article might help answer your question but I'll post a quote from it anyway...now you might have issues with believing the quote but I cannot address them as I have no personal knowledge of the finding other than what I just read...

"It begins to tell us how huge our job is," Kay said. "Remember, his material was buried in a barrel behind his house in a rose garden.

"There's no way that that would have been discovered by normal international inspections. I couldn't have done it. My successors couldn't have done it."

Kay said he had mixed emotions when he saw the centrifuge components: "It was a realization that I hadn't gotten all the parts [of Iraq's nuclear program]. So there was a moment of regret, but there was also an exhilaration that now maybe we have a chance to take this to the very bottom."

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
If it is true, it should help to sway a lot of people's opinions.

But it's not true.

I was for the war in Iraq only because Iraqi governement is a cruel regime, not because I was dumb enough to believe Dubya Bush about WMD.

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Fair point Astrocreep.
I was unable to link to the site.

Can you confirm,however,that the garden was owned by a scientist who had defected before the war and who,no doubt,had been questioned on his defection.
If this is the case do you not think it strange that it has taken so long to investigate specific evidence provided by an imformant before the war?

I can only speak for myself but if an Iraqi defector who was a scientist told me that a barrel was buried in his garden which contained incontravertable proof of an Iraqi Nuclear Arms Program,I would dig up his garden before pressure started to mount to find such evidence.

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
Fair point Astrocreep.
I was unable to link to the site.

Can you confirm,however,that the garden was owned by a scientist who had defected before the war and who,no doubt,had been questioned on his defection.
If this is the case do you not think it strange that it has taken so long to investigate specific evidence provided by an imformant before the war?

I can only speak for myself but if an Iraqi defector who was a scientist told me that a barrel was buried in his garden which contained incontravertable proof of an Iraqi Nuclear Arms Program,I would dig up his garden before pressure started to mount to find such evidence.

I can confirm nothing as I suspect anyone else can either unless they are in the loop in which then I suppose they wouldn't be spilling it on here.

I'm not certain that it has taken this long to discover the stuff rather it might have taken this long to get to the press. The article also said that the government had ask CNN to hold the story last week for national security issues so already the find is over a week old. Why would they not want us to know about it? Why would they wait to let out the info? Because there is an election coming up and timing might be a reason and also, we might have defectors/prisoners with families still in harms way refusing to cooperate unless its under the radar. I have no idea because I'm not there and not involved so I'm not going to tear down your theories either just examine all information. Thanks for being open-minded about this.

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Just a different point of view.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 02:56 PM
link   
take that big wooden cross out of your white KKK ass.

those jews your talking about can take you and your military brat family out in a jiffy.

dont ya think?

for those who dont know me, im always this vulgar and upfront.

love,

jew girl

top topics

<<   2 >>

join