It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgetown Islamic Studies Professor: Slavery OK, So is Non-Consensual Sex

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: seeker1963

The feminists can't be bothered to think about this.

They are planning their riots for the next Milo speech.

The feminist I know would kick that profs. ass for advocating rape and slavery.

Broad brush, eh....good way to lose all credibility!!! Letting your ideology get in the way of your common sense...

Oh please it was a joke.

Of course I know that each group is comprised of individuals.

But you do have to wonder, why no protests of pro sharia speakers? A pro sharia woman helped organize the womens march, no protest.

I have yet to see marches against the treatment of women in sharia controlled countries, yet have seen hundreds about the rape culture on US campuses.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
You know, it's times like this that I believe declaring the US a Christian theocracy a good idea.

Any idea what we should do with all the Jews?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Yes and you know the feds have put the slap down on some fundamental Mormon sects for statutory infractions but still there is a real question if they would ever do that to fundi Muslim sects.

edit on 10-2-2017 by Logarock because: m

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

You know, it's times like this that I believe declaring the US a Christian theocracy a good idea.

Jews? Well we could go beyond a Christain theocracy and go House of David.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Why don't we just stick with the Constitution. The Right wing seem to want to trash the Constitution since Trump was elected.

1st. amendment ring a bell?

Perhaps a little review.

CONGRESS SHALL MAKE NO LAW RESPECTING AN ESTABLISHMENT OF RELIGION, OR PROHIBITING THE FREE EXERCISE THEREOF; OR ABRIDGING THE FREEDOM OF SPEECH, OR OF THE PRESS; OR THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE PEACEABLY TO ASSEMBLE, AND TO PETITION THE GOVERNMENT FOR A REDRESS OF GRIEVANCES.

"If it ain't broke, don't ***kin fix it"

www.religiousfreedomcenter.org...
edit on 10-2-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Why don't we just stick with the Constitution. The Right wing seem to want to trash the Constitution since Trump was elected.

1st. amendment ring a bell?

Perhaps a little review.

CONGRESS SHALL MAKE NO LAW RESPECTING AN ESTABLISHMENT OF RELIGION, OR PROHIBITING THE FREE EXERCISE THEREOF; OR ABRIDGING THE FREEDOM OF SPEECH, OR OF THE PRESS; OR THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE PEACEABLY TO ASSEMBLE, AND TO PETITION THE GOVERNMENT FOR A REDRESS OF GRIEVANCES.

"If it ain't broke, don't ***kin fix it"

www.religiousfreedomcenter.org...

Holy hell!

I don't even know how to respond to that ridiculous statement.

It's the Progressive left who hates the Constitution and yet you try to blame it on the Right? roflmao

Don't get me wrong. There are many on the payroll of the globalist such as McCain, Graham etc etc, but are your SERIOUS?

You are worse than CNN if you expect anyone to believe that tripe!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

If he made it clear that he's talking only about "under Islamic teachings," he's not wrong. That's a large component of why Islamic countries (nations founded on Islam) aren't compatible with western society and our 180-degree from Sharia laws and values. Cultural dissonance is absolutely at play there.

Thank you. After two pages of insults about women and people whose ideas differ from their own, someone finally addressed the subject of the thread.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThoughtIsMadness

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Unfortunately some people just can't admit to themselves that sooner or later, for mankind to progress further, we are going to have to leave some behind.

Some of this ideology is so far behind it's mind boggling.

So just out of curiosity are Christians on the list or any of the Abrahamic religions for that matter?

Perhaps it is all religious ideology and doctrines that are the problem.

I don't have a list or believe one exists. However I don't see how any religious or any other types of ideologies would have a place as we continue down our intellectual growth path.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

If he made it clear that he's talking only about "under Islamic teachings," he's not wrong. That's a large component of why Islamic countries (nations founded on Islam) aren't compatible with western society and our 180-degree from Sharia laws and values. Cultural dissonance is absolutely at play there.

Thank you. After two pages of insults about women and people whose ideas differ from their own, someone finally addressed the subject of the thread.

Now, now...read for yourself:

Brown defended slavery, stating, “It’s not immoral for one human to own another human” by comparing it to marriage—a quid pro quo arrangement in which both slave and master benefited from the arrangement. “I don’t think it’s morally evil to own somebody because we own lots of people all around us and we’re owned by people,” said Brown.

A female attendee asked Brown about the permissibility of sex with slaves, to which the professor stated that “Consent isn’t necessary for lawful sex,” and defined consent as a Western concept that emerged with women’s suffrage and female body autonomy. Brown, he said, believes that marital rape was an invalid concept in Islam.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: ThoughtIsMadness

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Unfortunately some people just can't admit to themselves that sooner or later, for mankind to progress further, we are going to have to leave some behind.

Some of this ideology is so far behind it's mind boggling.

So just out of curiosity are Christians on the list or any of the Abrahamic religions for that matter?

Perhaps it is all religious ideology and doctrines that are the problem.

I would say it depends.

I don't think Islam needs to be totally left behind. Its a question of rather or not you think your religion justifies physical violence to other.

Like this; do you think your religion gives you the right to have a sex slave?

If no, then you are fine. If yes, then we don't want you.

I know Muslims that would be appalled at the idea of sex slaves or using therir religion for any violence. They should be allowed to practice their religion wherever as far as I am concerned.

Most of the time I agree with your positions.

Not this time. NO! A religion doesn't have to cause physical harm---it can be mental. I've known too many women who married Muslim men who kept their beliefs hidden as long as they were in the US. Once they got back to their own culture, they went back to their savage ways. The torture they endured was often NOT physical abuse.

This religion needs to go the way of the divine right of kings or first night rights. It encourages barbarity against all unbelievers. (And please, for those of you who take offense at this---I speak from personal experience with Muslim men. Lots of them for many years.) I've watched literally dozens of young college girls get swept off their feet only to barely make it back to the US alive. The ones who made it back were all scarred, badly.

I will do anything in my power, including calling for serious vetting of all Muslims, to stop ever having to hear the sobs of women who were tricked into slavery through a marriage. I hope to never again see scars on the bottom of a woman's foot because she walked down the street without her husband's permission. I want that sort of thing abolished and that culture to disappear from the earth.

This man has the right to say the things he has said. I have the right to say that he's deluded and quite possibly dangerous. I have daughters, granddaughters and even a great-granddaughter. I don't want anyone with these beliefs anywhere near them or me.
edit on 10-2-2017 by diggindirt because: addition

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Well yes you are right. I should have been lcearer, it doesn't have to be physical harm, it could also be emotional or mental. But I do know Islamic people that I do not feel practice their religion that causes harm

I also know Christians that use their religion to abuse.

Now I will admit, it seems like there are a lot (by a long shot) more problems with this is Islam practiced world wide.

But we have to be careful to not proclaim things like the outlawing of a religion. Why should my Islamic friend who constantly complains to me about Isis and organizations like CAIR that defend this crap be withheld from practicing his religion?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

But that's part of their culture, and all other cultures are to be appropriated.

But if you're in the Midwest and your culture is family oriented, God loving and teach your daughters to respect themselves and not fall into the popular "style" ect. Than you are a bigoted deplorable.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Where is the liberal outrage? Where are they protesting him? Where are the demands he get fired? Until I see that, liberals are hypocrites.

Honest question: Where are you looking for it?

You (we) need to at least do an honest search for liberal outcry before we dismiss its existence, and we should keep in mind, that when liberals and conservatives agree on something it for obvious reasons can be hard to tell who is who.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

If he wants to go through his holy book and use white-out on the portions of that book that are in contradiction to US culture, he's welcome to do so. Just like the Christians use white-out on the portions that have become out of fashion.

Use of force on another person to extract sex or labor is just wrong, no matter whose holy man says it's okay. People who don't stand up to those holy men and say "No more." are part of the problem.

I don't know if this dude was simply expressing the way it is in that religion, or was advocating. I couldn't tell from the link. I suspect he was just seeking publicity.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Its been argued that your intolerance of his ways put into a legal framework would only give the islamique state on the other side of the ocean the portrayal it needs to come off as a victim and increase its support in non Muslim majority countries. Leading to more travesty. Which could be true, regardless it is known that what this guy preached is fake news and alternative facts. Many Islamics adhere to their faith as a form of culture and can adapt into western society's culture.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I've got a great idea......

You ready.....

Love thy neighbor.

How bow dah?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeneGesseritWitch

Its been argued that your intolerance of his ways put into a legal framework would only give the islamique state on the other side of the ocean the portrayal it needs to come off as a victim and increase its support in non Muslim majority countries. Leading to more travesty. Which could be true, regardless it is known that what this guy preached is fake news and alternative facts. Many Islamics adhere to their faith as a form of culture and can adapt into western society's culture.

My great-grandmother had people argue against her efforts to gain the vote for women.
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. had people argue against his marches for equal civil rights for all people.

I am as intolerant as all hell when it comes to forcing another human to provide sex or labor. I'm so intolerant of those ideas being okay that I'm fairly sure that it would incite violence in my normally peaceful soul. The reptilian side of my brain takes over and I think immediately of loping off body parts. That's the depth of rage that has been implanted by hearing horror stories and witnessing attacks.

This behavior simply isn't negotiable in the culture in which I prefer to live. I don't care what their religion is, they don't belong in civil society.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

If i hold one of their arms out for you to get all "choppy choppy", can I use his disembodied arm to give him a slap upside the head with his own hsnd?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

liberals are hypocrites

There you go. I fixed your post.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join