It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgetown Islamic Studies Professor: Slavery OK, So is Non-Consensual Sex

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

There was this Fanatical Muslim college girl who supported Hamas:

edit on 2/11/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

A professor at Georgetown University is teaching his students that men do not need consent to have sex with women, and that slavery is justifiable under Islamic teachings.

Islamic Studies professor Jonathan Brown recently lectured at the International Institute of Islamic Thought, where he shared his alarming beliefs with students in attendance in his lecture, “Islam and the Problem of Slavery.” Freelance writer Umar Lee expressed his shock over the 90-minute lecture, which included explicit endorsements of rape and slavery.

So parents? Be careful what college you send your children to! These are the monsters whom have been embedded in our colleges whom are responsible for what we are seeing in this country TODAY!

What does the future hold for our country if professors like this our allowed to brain wash young minds being indoctrinated in our institutions of higher learning, being backed by Federal loans and funding?

CLICKBATEY, as Heatstreet normally is. Your OP would have people believe this lecture happned at Georgetown University and was a Georgetown University class of some kind.

The content of the lecture, at a private institution, is also twisted in the source.
edit on 11-2-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
You know, it's times like this that I believe declaring the US a Christian theocracy a good idea.

And as I have seen more people say this, the more I know I am not being paranoid about the current government.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
He should be fired.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   

A) So what? College is the place to become exposed to all sorts of different Perspectives!
B) What's the difference between this fellow and that Nazi yahoo Milo whatsisname at Berkley?
No difference at all, if you value free speech and are not some fascist.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

When did GU turn in to a madrassa ?

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
OK SJW's & feministas: WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE? WHERE ARE THE DEMONSTRATIONS?

Their book is full protesting Milo.

Prolly will be awhile before they get some free time.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The religion of "peace" showing it's true colors once again.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It's cia university. Def not a positive place imo.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

But we have to be careful to not proclaim things like the outlawing of a religion. Why should my Islamic friend who constantly complains to me about Isis and organizations like CAIR that defend this crap be withheld from practicing his religion?

I think that the problem is that the Muslims who actually were able to assimilate and still follow their faith ended in the early 90's. They were the ones who escaped their countries becoming fundamentalist hellholes. What we are seeing now are the children of those who stayed behind and were brought up in the antiquated thinking.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: hangedman13
a reply to: Grambler

But we have to be careful to not proclaim things like the outlawing of a religion. Why should my Islamic friend who constantly complains to me about Isis and organizations like CAIR that defend this crap be withheld from practicing his religion?

I think that the problem is that the Muslims who actually were able to assimilate and still follow their faith ended in the early 90's. They were the ones who escaped their countries becoming fundamentalist hellholes. What we are seeing now are the children of those who stayed behind and were brought up in the antiquated thinking.

Interesting point the people who were educated and could leave did leaving behind a cesspool of depravity.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

A) So what? College is the place to become exposed to all sorts of different Perspectives!
B) What's the difference between this fellow and that Nazi yahoo Milo whatsisname at Berkley?
No difference at all, if you value free speech and are not some fascist.

Good Point Comrade. Can you get you and your fellow stalinist protesters to protest this mohammed imitator?
/sarc

If your going to call milo a nazi, the time for dialogue is over.

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
If your going to call milo a nazi, the time for dialogue is over.

You seem to be in denial.
Perhaps he preaches/lives unconditional Love, and I missed it.
At least we can agree about the time. *__-

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: diggindirt

Well yes you are right. I should have been lcearer, it doesn't have to be physical harm, it could also be emotional or mental. But I do know Islamic people that I do not feel practice their religion that causes harm

I also know Christians that use their religion to abuse.

Now I will admit, it seems like there are a lot (by a long shot) more problems with this is Islam practiced world wide.

Because his religion is enabling groups like ISIS, ISIS are not wrong, they are just following the religion to the letter. It's like christians that refuse to accept gays! They are just following the bible! In my opinion no religion shoud be allowed if it preaches any kind of hate towards anyone! It doesn't matter to me if some people from the religion don't follow it all.

It is written and some will follow it... Does that mean I can have a religion sprinkled with advice about how to make bombs and how we should attack anyone that doesn't listen to me? Just so long as I don't act on the advice? It's just stupid! Allowing these religions to exist is just legitimizing the non-sense printed within the "holy scriptures".

Ban ALL religion that preaches any kind of hate! Why would anyone WANT to be part of such a religion? I met a female lesbian vicor once, so stupid! Heads up, your book says god hates you! Duh!

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   
We cannot forget or be blinded by the fact that Mohamed was white. Even if he says he prefers children we can never attribute this to sexual deviancy or preference. He belongs to a cultural class that is to blame for the abashment of slavery worldwide(as a means of economic warfare against the Ottoman Empire), colonial systems that once claimed independence only to continue to use caustic methods of control learn t from previous systems, and finally represents the continuation of everything that has made the world great.
And then there is Milo wait nooo he's too gay!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: ThoughtIsMadness

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Unfortunately some people just can't admit to themselves that sooner or later, for mankind to progress further, we are going to have to leave some behind.

Some of this ideology is so far behind it's mind boggling.

So just out of curiosity are Christians on the list or any of the Abrahamic religions for that matter?

Perhaps it is all religious ideology and doctrines that are the problem.

I don't have a list or believe one exists. However I don't see how any religious or any other types of ideologies would have a place as we continue down our intellectual growth path.

100% agree. It held human progression back for centuries and needs to be reclassified as a hobby and nothing more.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Hater clickbait. Not true.

Brown was teaching ABOUT various aspects of Islam and Sharia law - NOT claiming any particular 'rule' as his personal belief. That's the thing about education - you get to learn about all kinds of different things without embracing them. True, Brown was raised Anglican and converted to Islam - but just as with Christianity, there are many different sects of Islam, and many variations within those sects from orthodox to liberal. Just as not every Christian follows every 'rule,' not every Muslim does either.

For example, Jesus taught, "Love thy neighbour as thyself." As is evident on ATS alone, only about 1% of self-proclaimed Christians follow Jesus' teachings.

Here is what Brown actually said:

What Brown Actually Said

14. "Salam, 'slave rape' is a tough term to decipher from a Shariah perspective. A male owner of a female slave has the right to sexual access to her. Though he could not physically harm her without potentially being held legally accountable if she complained, her 'consent' would be meaningless since she is his slave." "This is Dr. Jonathan Brown, Professor at Georgetown University, AMA • /r/islam". reddit.

15. [1:19:00] "And the fact is that—and this is not to demean the status of woman in Islam or Islamic civilization at all, but a concubine’s autonomy was not that different from the autonomy of a wife, because for most of human history and most of Islamic civilization, women got married to the person that their family wanted them to get married to." "Dr. Jonathan AC Brown - Islam and the Problem of Slavery | IIITMedia". youtube.com. 9 February 2017.
Jump up ^ "Dr. Jonathan AC Brown - Islam and the Problem of Slavery | IIITMedia". youtube.com. 9 February 2017.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

" A professor at Georgetown University is teaching his students that men do not need consent to have sex with women, and that slavery is justifiable under Islamic teachings. "

Slavery and Non-Consensual Sex are Crimes in the United States . This Professor who is Employed at Georgetown University is not just Voicing his Right to Free Speech , but is Also Preaching Sedition as a Citizen of the United States . Why isn't he being Charged of that ?

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Because that is NOT what he is teaching. He is just providing information. Saying he "believes" the information he reports is like saying a physics professor "believes" he is falling because he teaches Newton's Law of Gravity.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Because that is NOT what he is teaching. He is just providing information.

Just Providing Information to Whom ? American Students Or Foreigners ?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join