It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgetown Islamic Studies Professor: Slavery OK, So is Non-Consensual Sex

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingMonkeyInSpace

Did i say all or every liberal , specific , do i need to name them .

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Liberals love whatever hates christianity. They gush at the thought of Islamic hordes pouring forth over Europe raping and enslaving that which they hate. Desecrating cultures that have allowed chrsitainty to influence them so. In other words......wack jobs.

edit on 10-2-2017 by Logarock because: n

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: FlyingMonkeyInSpace

Did i say all or every liberal , specific , do i need to name them .

We have been so locked into categorical boxes by identity politics, that I myself respect MANY classical liberals. So I can understand someone who still identifies as a liberal being a bit upset.

Call em what they are! PROGRESSIVES! Don't alienate those who have become disenfranchised by their own party. They are seeing what their party has morphed into. Welcome them and embrace the opportunity to actually have someone who is willing to have a conversation?

Honestly, todays Progressives are NOT liberals.....
edit on 10-2-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Welcome them and embrace the opportunity to actually have someone who is willing to have a conversation?

Screw that .

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Welcome them and embrace the opportunity to actually have someone who is willing to have a conversation?

Screw that .

Ever listen to Sargon of Akkad a Classical Liberal on YT?

He is far from the enemy you think you have! Open your mind and check him out. You might be surprised!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I've been labeled a liberal, but my favorite is "people like you"....

I think the professor should be given a taste of his own medicine. Enslave him for a little non consensual sex sans lubrication. See how he likes it....

Heap the insults on me if it makes you feel all tough and macho...."snowflake" sends me into a liberal frenzy...

edit on 10-2-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Someone can tell him we are humans not animals. Even then some animals need approval before they can mate....then again most don't. Slavery is only ok if the person can come and go as they please. Then its simple work for room and board though....and it's not slavery so no slavery is never ok.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

The feminists can't be bothered to think about this.

They are planning their riots for the next Milo speech.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Isn't he just stating the fact that slavery and rape are perfectly acceptable according to some strains of fundamentalist Islam?

Or is he saying that he personally feels that there's nothing wrong with them?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Unfortunately some people just can't admit to themselves that sooner or later, for mankind to progress further, we are going to have to leave some behind.

Some of this ideology is so far behind it's mind boggling.

So just out of curiosity are Christians on the list or any of the Abrahamic religions for that matter?

Perhaps it is all religious ideology and doctrines that are the problem.
edit on PMFriday42America/Chicago2V2017024228 by ThoughtIsMadness because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BiffWellington
Isn't he just stating the fact that slavery and rape are perfectly acceptable according to some strains of fundamentalist Islam?

Or is he saying that he personally feels that there's nothing wrong with them?

Good question.....good question. If you don't want to get caught up in a rhetorical slug and mud fest.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThoughtIsMadness

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Unfortunately some people just can't admit to themselves that sooner or later, for mankind to progress further, we are going to have to leave some behind.

Some of this ideology is so far behind it's mind boggling.

So just out of curiosity are Christians on the list or any of the Abrahamic religions for that matter?

Perhaps it is all religious ideology and doctrines that are the problem.

I would say it depends.

I don't think Islam needs to be totally left behind. Its a question of rather or not you think your religion justifies physical violence to other.

Like this; do you think your religion gives you the right to have a sex slave?

If no, then you are fine. If yes, then we don't want you.

I know Muslims that would be appalled at the idea of sex slaves or using therir religion for any violence. They should be allowed to practice their religion wherever as far as I am concerned.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

But that's part of their culture, and all other cultures are to be appropriated.

That was my question, basically.

Was he just telling it like it is or was he praising islam for it?

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

If he made it clear that he's talking only about "under Islamic teachings," he's not wrong. That's a large component of why Islamic countries (nations founded on Islam) aren't compatible with western society and our 180-degree from Sharia laws and values. Cultural dissonance is absolutely at play there.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

But that's part of their culture, and all other cultures are to be appropriated.

That was my question, basically.

Was he just telling it like it is or was he praising islam for it?

I guess reading the article was to much trouble....

He advocated rape and slavery. I think that qualifies as praise, eh...

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I guess he forgot that we are in the US while is ok to rape, murder, kill women while marrying littler girls in his country here in the US he can try to do that and he will go to jail and depending the state he will be at the time of the crime he can even get the death penalty. Or perhaps now that we see that none American citizens have rights under their right to religion they are above the law to exercise all parts of perversion associated with it.

What joke, who hired this type of crap for the education of the young in our nation, religion of peace my big latino butt.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

The feminists can't be bothered to think about this.

They are planning their riots for the next Milo speech.

The feminist I know would kick that profs. ass for advocating rape and slavery.

Broad brush, eh....good way to lose all credibility!!! Letting your ideology get in the way of your common sense...
edit on 10-2-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I think we are in some sort of simulation to see how far the human mind can be bent.

I think progressives will double down on islam, I think eventually we will see their minds twist into supporting sharia law, it is already beginning. Somehow dressing in hijab will be empowering. It will be the landmark case of doublethink.

They are already defending felons from deportation.

We are about to see the greatest mind twisting of all time.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Isn't this some of the worst publicity Georgetown University could get? Is this guy on administrative leave even? Or is all just fine and dandy??? What the actual ****

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
You know, it's times like this that I believe declaring the US a Christian theocracy a good idea.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join