It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Forced Prostitution in Germany

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   

by kriz4 Being forced suggests she has no choice, she does

Perhaps you mityped or were not as clear as you thought. However here you do seem to state that as lng as there is an alternative choice one is not being forced. I was simply pointing out that some choices, due to thier nature are not valid choices.
In point of fact I believe that prostitution should be legal. While I myself would not avail yself of that particualr service I can see no reason to deny those who wish to either pay for or receive payment for that service the abillity to do so.
However I am against any form of penalty for not entering into this field.
In point of fact I disagree with Welfare on principle, IMHO the US unemployment insurance is more than a sufficeient safety net for anyone who does not intend to leech off of society. However denying those welfare benefits to someone because they do not wish to become a prostitute is wrong.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Again you miss the entire point. She was due to lose the benefits anyway. The job could have been for that of a doctor, she still would have lost her benefits if she chose not to take the job. Again, she had 12 months to get a job while recieving free money. The 12 months have ended, so has her rights to benefits.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I understand that Kriz4.
However can you really compare a job at a doctors office to a job where you are paid to have sexual intercourse?

The outrage isnt that she is being forced to take a job the outrage is do to the job she is being forced to take.
or to put it another way if this was your mother how would you feel?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
No I cannot compare it to that. A bad choice of example job on my part. However to think that the job of sexual worker is the only one there she could take is nieve. There are hundreds of jobs she could go for, why has she not?

The job offered is coincidental. One has to actively seek work, not wait for a job to be offered. This lady obviously has no intentions of gaining work. She is losing her free money and the coincidental job offer appears to be newsworthy to those who cannot look at the situation realisticly.

Anyway, I am done going round in circles with you. It is not a productive use of my time.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Kriz4 I agree she should be required to work. However I feel that the jobs in the sex industry should be exempt from this legislation.
The problem here isn't that germany is requiring her to work or lose her benefits. That is as it should be. The problem is that the profession of prostitute is included with and considered by german legislation to be no different than any other. While I dont feel that those who choose to take part in that profession should be stigmatised by society. I do feel that germany should have some safeguards in place to prevent this type of thing from happening.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Is the German Government trying to make a point to these people to get off there butt and get jobs. Maybe if they had done that long ago their country would not have the imagration problem it does thrusting its economy down the tubes. The same holds true in the USA people will not take a lower paying job and work their way up because it is easier to take the free ride as long as they can. That is why so many Mexicans have come to take the lower paying jobs and they will work 2 if need be to survive. Americans used to do that for their family.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Just wanted to note that there is another thread on this at the below url

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Kriz4 I agree she should be required to work. However I feel that the jobs in the sex industry should be exempt from this legislation.
The problem here isn't that germany is requiring her to work or lose her benefits. That is as it should be. The problem is that the profession of prostitute is included with and considered by german legislation to be no different than any other. While I dont feel that those who choose to take part in that profession should be stigmatised by society. I do feel that germany should have some safeguards in place to prevent this type of thing from happening.

I absolutely agree. People should be required to work or to be seeking work in order to receive benefits. The industry of prostitution should have been kept out of the picture in the unemployment benefits discussion. All people need to make a choice about the work of their lives without socio-economic pressure of any kind or magnitude by government placed on them. It is a serious moral failure that is institutional to the German government to not see that what they are doing by including this as a valid career choice not allowing for consciencious objection is wrong, wrong, wrong.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Ok I think everyone has to see the whole picture not just what they want to see. Those of you who are Pro legalized prostitution are the ones creating this problem.
The fact is she would have lost her benefits even if this job was not offered as an alternative. The fact that prostitution is legal is the whole reason she was offered the job. Had prostitution been illegal, this job would not have been offered to her, and she would have risked losing her benefits regardless because she chose not to take any jobs.

Also for those of you who are for legalized prostitution and have daughters, how would you like to hear your 17 year old daughter one day say that she is thinking about becoming a legal prostitute either because she wants more money to go to a really good school, or she chooses it because its an easy way to get money. "Comon daddy I dont even need an education all I need is to spread my legs and I get money. I was born with this gift I should use it!" Yes I honestly believe the level of brainwashing and manipulation has become that bad that I strongly believe that has been a real scenario in several countries. I can only pray for humanity as the majority begin to just side with the devil rather than to fight him. Its sad because even when true biblical events do start to unravel in the world, the majority is still going to actualy choose to claim ignorance or continue to blame God.

-Dyepes, continueing to pray for all thsoe who are under the spell of the beast.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It's amazing to me how the world works. We are so far away from where we should be. When I was a child growing up in sunny Southern California during the 80's, life was grand! More to the point, "safe and sane". It seemed like everything made sense and we (I) didn't have to worry about anything bad happening, except for the occasional scap of the knee or something. My point is, morally what is the heck is happening to this world. Yes sex is good, but what if you found out that your mother, prior to giving birth, was a state sponsored hooker, that she had to do this or not eat. ABSURD!!! But the disgusting side of me says at the same time, excluding our own mothers, that all women are hookers in one way or another.

[edit on 31-1-2005 by Illuminated_1]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4
Again you miss the entire point. She was due to lose the benefits anyway. The job could have been for that of a doctor, she still would have lost her benefits if she chose not to take the job. Again, she had 12 months to get a job while recieving free money. The 12 months have ended, so has her rights to benefits.

Honestly, I keep reading it and I don't see where it says her period of 12 months is up. Point this part out to me. From what I read, she may lose her benefits because she refuses to interview with the brothel.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I will make a mental note to ignore foreigners who try to discuss german internal affairs by the hands of newspaper articles, which were written by people who didn't understand the law + the actual case they deal with.
Furthermore I will try to ignore people who try to support the above with pages like Wikipedia, an encyclopedia where everyone is allowed to alter what he likes to + Socalist websites.

No jobs? The company I work at currently offers 4 jobs with excellent sallary but since months we only get 3rd class personal who attend a job meeting. It's not high unemployment it's high low potentials. Who would like to employ 2 (approx. from 5) million people who are way too uneducated?

If those in this thread who try to discuss something about Germany, want to discuss something, discuss our education system. You will have plenty of topics
and it's the root of all things.

I become so frustrated seeing people like Illuminated_1 who just eat the information, disinformed people spread. WAY ABOVE! Haha, so poor.

[edit on 31-1-2005 by shoo]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4
No I cannot compare it to that. A bad choice of example job on my part. However to think that the job of sexual worker is the only one there she could take is nieve.

Thats the entire issue. She was unemployed, and was accessing jobs thru a government employment list. The prostitute job was the only one she was given, and when she refused, they took her off the lists.

There are hundreds of jobs she could go for, why has she not?

Because there are not hundreds of jobs.

This lady obviously has no intentions of gaining work.

That of course is a possibility. I wonder if perhaps she only went after this job, pretending not to know what it was for.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

[X] You tried to be tough in response
[ ] You checked and saw that there are just a few jobs around

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
The fact that prostitution is legal is the whole reason she was offered the job. Had prostitution been illegal, this job would not have been offered to her, and she would have risked losing her benefits regardless because she chose not to take any jobs.

And if she had been offered a job as a masseuse, it would have been because massaging is legal. Had massaging been illegal, this job would not have been offered to her, and she would have risked losing her benefits regardless because she chose not to take any jobs.

Also for those of you who are for legalized prostitution and have daughters, how would you like to hear your 17 year old daughter one day say that she is thinking about becoming a legal prostitute...

How would you like to hear your 17 year old daughter one day say that she is thinking of becoming
  • a janitor?
  • a stripper
  • a nurse who empties bedpans?
Does it matter? No.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by shoo

[X] You tried to be tough in response

Just what the heck is that supposed to mean?

This is a woman on unemployment who is loosing her unemployment because she refused to have sex with strangers for money. What job besides that was part of the program she was on?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   

This is a woman on unemployment who is loosing her unemployment because she refused to have sex with strangers for money. What job besides that was part of the program she was on?

Sorry, you are incapable of reading and understanding things. May somebody have mercy on you and explain it with hands and foots.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join