It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman refuses to work in sex industry, Loses unemployment benifits...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Now this is a bit much for me. A womans unemplyment benifits were cut because she refused to take a job as a sex worker.

No wonder europe is going down the toilet. Here's a link:

www.telegraph.co.uk... main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/01/30/wgerm30.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/01/30/ixworld.html

What are your thoughts on this?

Wupy

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I kicked her out of my street corner
Dont need competition.

Seriously- its crazy, bizarre and sickening.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Somebody pleaze tell me this is a sick joke

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Under Germany's welfare reforms, any woman under 55 who has been out of work for more than a year can be forced to take an available job – including in the sex industry – or lose her unemployment benefit.

What are the rules in the US?
Do people still get unemployment benefits after one year out of work?

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
What are the rules in the US?
Do people still get unemployment benefits after one year out of work?

Benefits for 6 months, then you're SOL.

This is absolutely disgusting.
And it's not a joke. Yes, she can apparently lose her employment benefits for turning down a job as a hooker.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
"Under Germany's welfare reforms, any woman under 55 who has been out of work for more than a year can be forced to take an available job – including in the sex industry – or lose her unemployment benefit. Last month German unemployment rose for the 11th consecutive month to 4.5 million, taking the number out of work to its highest since reunification in 1990."

thats democratic....

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Prostitution was legalised in Germany just over two years ago and brothel owners – who must pay tax and employee health insurance – were granted access to official databases of jobseekers.
The waitress, an unemployed information technology professional, had said that she was willing to work in a bar at night and had worked in a cafe.
She received a letter from the job centre telling her that an employer was interested in her "profile'' and that she should ring them. Only on doing so did the woman, who has not been identified for legal reasons, realise that she was calling a brothel.
Under Germany's welfare reforms, any woman under 55 who has been out of work for more than a year can be forced to take an available job – including in the sex industry – or lose her unemployment benefit.

Seems to go against the entire idea of providing welfare services to people if it forces them into the sex trade. And then taxes their profits from it to? yeesh.

Can't argue too much with the logic of it, if its a perfectly legal job then they'd have to take it. Consider someone on unemployment being assigned a job at a hospital that also performs abortions, or a county marriage license office that allows same sex marriages, they certainly shouldn't be allowed to refuse to work there and still get the money. But prostitution?

[edit on 30-1-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
At the same time, why should the state (taxpayers) have to support this woman when she actually can work and generate plenty of revenue? A woman is born with a built in ATM, all she has to do is put it on the street and the money starts rolling in.

Sex is a commodity. It can be bought and sold just like cornmeal and shares of microsoft.

Once the unemployment is gone she'll probably turn to hooking anyway. Its a sure way to fast cash.

Why shouldn't it be a job option????

Love and light

Wupy

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
At the same time, why should the state (taxpayers) have to support this woman when she actually can work and generate plenty of revenue? A woman is born with a built in ATM, all she has to do is put it on the street and the money starts rolling in.

Sex is a commodity. It can be bought and sold just like cornmeal and shares of microsoft.

Once the unemployment is gone she'll probably turn to hooking anyway. Its a sure way to fast cash.

Why shouldn't it be a job option????

Love and light

Wupy

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You are going to play with the hornets nest today huh? I cant wait to see the replies this gets
You got some big brass ones Wupy.

[edit on 1/30/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
A built in ATM....

Wupy, you're playing with fire today...

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I`m lost for words on this,so i`ll just say "sounds like the signs of the times"

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
I`m lost for words on this,so i`ll just say "sounds like the signs of the times"

Signs of the times my A$$

From the very moment that Eve tempted Adam with the fruit of knowledge man has been a slave to the charms of women. You know this and laugh at us behind our backs.

Every achievement that man has done has been to please women. Our desire has been to make you want us. Our goal has been to have you. All we do we do for you.

If god created anything finer than woman he kept it for himself.

“There is but one greatness in this life and that is the greatness of your children. In this understanding you know you will never die.”

Sex is but a tool for women to control man. There is no reason for the tables to not be turned.

Wupy

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   

No wonder europe is going down the toilet. \
\

What the hell is that supposed to mean

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56

No wonder europe is going down the toilet. \
\

What the hell is that supposed to mean

What part of Europe is going down the toilet did you not understand?

Wupy

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
ATM? No, that saves money you have made, they have built in money makers. WOmen are lucky, most men will, and do, pay hundreds of dollars to see women dance naked, and that is just stripping! She is getting a job as a hooker? Hell, I'll have sex with women and make thousands of dollars a night. Went to a strip club, spent all I had, it was 35 dollars but still, freind spent 300+. All he had, and other one spent 125, all he had. People literally threw money at them. Hell, give me a pole and a stage and throw money at me. Throw your paychecks at me, throw gold bars, well, maybe not gold bars... but you get what I mean. Women are lucky, and they don't even have to be extremely hot, just mild goodlooking is good enough. Like what Judge Marylin Milan(think that how it spelled) said "People think stripping is demeaning to women but she is making more then me." Lets see, go to college for 8 years to get a # job at a hospital cleaning bedpans, or strip for 8 years and make thousands a night. And if they invest it right, that 8 years can get them set for life. While the doctor cleans bedpans and cleans up after the surgery. Also, more demand for strippers then doctors...

Anyways, little known fact, number 3 name for a stripper is Amber. Why I know that IDK, I just do.

mrq

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
If I'm understanding all this correctly....this is absolutely disgusting.

I'm going to read it and read it again, because I can't believe such a thing is happening....

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I have never seen a hooker that I would pay to have sex with. I would not have sex with hookers if they were giving it away. I feel really sorry for people who pay for sex and people who sell sex. Then again, even when you are married, you are paying for it, one way or another. Germany should be ashamed for prostituting it's own citizens.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Well... Have to say that it's good to see women being put back into a position of second class human being. Iwas beginning to worry that somewhere along the line we might all get a more equal footing.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   

From the very moment that Eve tempted Adam with the fruit of knowledge man has been a slave to the charms of women. You know this and laugh at us behind our backs.

*gets out crystal ball* mrwupy, my ball tells me you are a lonely man. You must be quite the player at a bar with this attitude

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 05:01 AM
link   
www.google.com...:+Die+Vermittlung+von+langzeitarbeitslosen+

Google found 153 results on the only article on the subject that appeared in the german media (taz, a newspaper owned by mainstream media packaged as "alternative" media).

Does Stalingrad 1942 ring a bell?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join