It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is headed toward a Civil War

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: SaturnFX

Back in 08-10, we had tea party folks with just as much ferver in opposing Obama as what the left is doing now.

Are you sure about that? Do you think the tea party compares to BLM in size or motivation?

Yep

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Donal Trump right now.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: angryproctologist

You didn't understand my meaning whatsoever.

If the label starts to come from high office, big wigs and big suits (aka TPTB), then THAT is dangerous. Of course its not dangerous if regular every day Tom, Hank and Dick say it. Its about WHO says it and in what context its used and when and how etc and if/when it gets fully integrated into the American minds.
edit on 4-2-2017 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Back in 08-10, we had tea party folks with just as much ferver in opposing Obama as what the left is doing now.

That just isn't true.

The Tea Party never came close to what critics of the current administration are doing.

From Ferguson to Berkeley.

I will agree that the progressive kids are a lot more hotheaded. This is good and bad. sucks that they will break up their own town the second their safe space gets violated, but, on the other hand, they are ineffectual and end up making things worse on themselves and their "message".
On the other side of the coin, it was a older crowd, and far more organized..more dangerous. When they were discussing at the highest levels "2nd amendment remedies"..that was a issue. If you disagree you are simply disingenuous.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DMAC32

The muslims make it pretty damn clear what their "religion" is about when they saw innocent peoples' heads off and release videos to show everyone in the world.

btw-it is also pretty clear that isis,al queda,etc. are the military arm of islam.Only an isis apologist liar would say otherwise.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Are you sure about that? Do you think the tea party compares to BLM in size or motivation?

Yep

Those people didn't destroy anything. In fact, I'm pretty sure they even picked up after themselves before leaving.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

At least 30 people from some of those countries not all but I don't ask every time where people are from. My point being don't demonize a whole religion before understanding the people of the religion. Do extreme forms of Christianity not include taking your own life or "cleansing" the earth of people you see as evil or unholy?? Just saying its not the first time religion has been demonized. In general most people regardless of what they are or religion they practice are decent people just trying to live and survive like the rest of us...while the rich get richer think about that

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Interesting thoughts.

It is funny how rhetoric starts to push people to "sides". As a straight "cis", white "priviledged" male, I know I am getting awfully tired of hearing I'm the devil from the left. Not enough to throw me to the right, but if I was down and out with my luck like so many people are in the rust belt and midwest...it might just be the proverbial straw that broke the camels back.

(FWIW I live in Canada and identify as centrist politically)

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Yep

The only thing that shows is what a PEACEFUL protest looks like.

Don't see fires, and objects thrown, destruction of private property.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

Oh,I got you.

I was just pointing out the constant double standard when dealing with labels.

Wasn't meant as an insult to you.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

On the other side of the coin, it was a older crowd, and far more organized..more dangerous. When they were discussing at the highest levels "2nd amendment remedies"..that was a issue.

TALK ?

Someone is being disingenuous.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Today's liberals wouldn't last a week in a war. I'm not worried about a civil war.

What about people like me, who don't like either fake party? Do we just hunker down for a few days until the milennials go home to play with their toys?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DMAC32
a reply to: neo96

Do extreme forms of Christianity not include taking your own life or "cleansing" the earth of people you see as evil or unholy?? :

Christian suicide bombers? Really?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
Those people didn't destroy anything. In fact, I'm pretty sure they even picked up after themselves before leaving.

Older crowd also.
Point is, there is always a big movement against the new party for awhile. older conservatives organize better, younger libs set trash cans on fire. its just how it goes.
There will be no civil war..but there will always be civil unrest in a 2 party system.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TomLawless
Today's liberals wouldn't last a week in a war. I'm not worried about a civil war.

There are plenty of liberals fighting in "wars" as we speak.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

I do use my head and I judge people by the content of their character not by the choice of their religion. Do you realize how many countless lives have been taken in the name of god and Jesus?? Knight templars?? The crusades?? Just saying no religion is perfect and you sound like a pretty "ignorant" christian... Death is all throughout the bible and let's not forget about the 10 commandments... Just saying love thy neighbor right?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Honestly, a lot of Americans, even ones who go to Church every Sunday, don't even believe in Jesus or any of that stuff. They do so to put on a good social image for whatever unknown reason. Some even use it to hide behind because of bad deeds etc. Some even use it as a social tool and nothing more. Its just a talking point to argue and fight over to be quite honest.
edit on 4-2-2017 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: TomLawless

There are plenty of liberals fighting in "wars" as we speak.

Oh, I forgot.

Call of Duty came out not too long ago.

link   

originally posted by: neo96
The only thing that shows is what a PEACEFUL protest looks like.

Don't see fires, and objects thrown, destruction of private property.

So?
The question was, was the tea party comparable in size and motivation
answer: yes. it was big and the focus was to oppose the potus at every stop.

Now, if the question was, was the tea party as destructive as the protests against trump, that would be a different story.

Check the question being answered before you start your virtue signaling

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

IMO, An internal CIVIL WAR would be postponed for a long, long time if America, or Americans were attacked on a scale larger than a Orlando, or San Bernardino.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join