It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Shot at Memorial For Victim of Chicago Gun Violence

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
6 People were shot while attending a memorial for a previous victim.
Wonder what Trump has to think about this???

Six people, including a 12-year-old girl, were shot Wednesday night on Chicago's South Side during a memorial for a victim of a previous act of gun violence, police said.

The shootings occurred about 8:16 p.m. in the city’s Greater Grand Crossing community in a "business establishment" on the 500 block of East 75th Street, Chicago police said.

www.nbcchicago.com...

A community activist said "the opposition" to those attending the memorial stuck up and fired on the group of mourners. Thank goodness there are serious gun restrictions in Chicago.

Community activist Jedidiah Brown told reporters that "the opposition" to those attending the memorial came through an alley before opening fire on the group of mourners. He added that the mother of the person being memorialized was also among the victims, though police have not confirmed that information.

edit on 26-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I'm actually more curious to see what Rahm has to say about this.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

#chicagolivesmatter

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The only thing I can think of is thank their gods that those who did this were terrible shots. This is barbaric.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

The usual strategy is to ignore it as much as possible.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

He will say thank you to Trump for the adult leadership when the National Guard roles in with full battle rattle and 1/2 the Chicago police dept are brought up on charges.

He is a ineffective leader, he should run for president.
edit on 26-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

Until martial law can casually be rolled out? The writing is on the wall but man, how do you stop it from happening?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Not to Emanual, his pi$$ poor leadership has killed many many people.

Obama has nothing on him when it comes to being ineffectual and dithering.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Theres an active gang war that has been going on for many years. Mainly 2 sides and the suspects and the victims 9 out of 10 times don't even know each other. They just know if they are from that side of town. Bang bang

Its really unfortunate too because young kids growing up in that environment don't know any better and are numb to the violence and join in on the activities.

How do I know this? I watched a documentary a few years back but I forget the name of it.. But it was shot in the heart of these hoods

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Escape from New York..?

More like Escape from Chicago.

Trump wants to build a wall, he can start there. Give everyone a chance to leave and then seal it off. Those that want to stay, well Darwinism will take it from there.

Betcha not even Russell would make it out...

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

This is sanctioned by the worthless Chicago leadership.

Trump has given a warning to the dirt dumb leaders, and the next thing they will see is Humvee's and M-4's.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: ausername

Until martial law can casually be rolled out? The writing is on the wall but man, how do you stop it from happening?

Well, as much as I am opposed to martial law, how does one stop everyone from shooting each other?

Clearly the gun control laws did not work.

money.cnn.com...

Given that the USA has this inherent sense of entitlement to gun ownership enabled by the very constitution itself, the only way to stop the guns is with people with..... bigger guns, better training and govt backing.
edit on 26-1-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

The leadership is broken, the police force is broken, the family unit is broken, the welfare state is broken, the drug situation is broken, but your right the constitution is the problem.

Given that the USA has this inherent sense of entitlement to gun ownership enabled by the very constitution itself, the only way to stop the guns is with people with..... bigger guns and better training.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Chicago is a freaking disgrace, this might as well be ISIS in there shooting the town up.
Send the Feds in now Trump, why wait?
Its obvious that the police and the city leaders cannot do anything about it.
And before anyone says "you can't do that...wahhhh...you can't do that', what they are doing now (nothing) is not working, the body count is just getting higher.
The bad guys body count should be rising, not the innocent people's body count.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

My own thoughts on what to do involve stricter sentences for gun crimes and death penalties. Not to mention something similar to sentencing for hate crimes if you are a known gang member or associate.

Sounds harsh, yes. Better than martial law however.

I could be wrong...it's happened before!

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Martial law is a tough one here.. Especially when there are a lot of kids that haven't even hit puberty yet are carrying and shooting each other. Its a really sad situation there when your brothers, cousins and fathers are all shooting and dying. And some cases even sisters and mothers.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
It's not even the end of January and there's already been 44 murders in Chicago, up 24% from last year. Looks like BLM really made a difference! It's like something straight out of a dystopian crime movie, the city has higher murder rates than places in West Africa.

Chicago has been under Democrat control for 84 years... maybe it's time for new management?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Well, coming from 2 nations where guns ownership is a lot more controlled and ridiculously smaller gun related injuries and death, gun control can work.

But, the horse bolted from the stable a few hundred years ago in the USA, so the only other option is to be the better armed. I can kinda see how the cold war mentality developed now actually......

As for stronger penalties for incorrect use of guns. Definitely. If you can't (And I really think you can't after conversations here on ATS) control the ownership of them, get draconian on the use of them.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I'd like to retract my "martial law" hyperbolic statement and instead use the term, state of emergency.

A government or division of government (i.e. on a municipal, provincial/state level) may declare that their area is in a state of emergency. This means that the government can suspend and/or change some functions of the executive, the legislative and/or the judiciary during this period of time. It alerts citizens to change their normal behavior and orders government agencies to implement emergency plans. A government can declare a state of emergency during a time of natural or human-made disaster, during a period of civil unrest, or following a declaration of war or situation of international/internal armed conflict. Justitium is its equivalent in Roman law, where Senate could put forward senatus consultum ultimum.

It can also be used as a rationale (or pretext) for suspending rights and freedoms guaranteed under a country's constitution or basic law. The procedure for and legality of doing so varies by country.

en.wikipedia.org...

Remember that time when we didn't trust the government? That was awesome.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I have no sympathy anymore for the residents of Chicago. If your dumb enough to still live in that cesspool then good riddance.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join