It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Shot at Memorial For Victim of Chicago Gun Violence

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

You've obviously never been to the south side of Chicago. Your a drive by analyst. I lived in a rough area and repoed cars for a living all through the city.

I left Chicago with my 2 month old daughter and her mom with 300$ and a # ty red dodge Daytona and moved to South Carolina to get away.

If you want to leave you can, if you choose to stay then that's on you.

link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: JinMI

You're right that culture is probably the solution. But that's going to be really difficult and would take generations. Trying to remove all the drugs would be a good start

Better idea would be to legalize them. Better role models and shining light on the ones that are already doing something positive would also help.

link   

that`s exactly what they are, war zones, and they should be dealt with as we would deal with any war zone.

the situation has gotten way to big for the police to deal with.it`s going to have to be dealt with at some point and the longer they wait the more difficult it`s going to be.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

First of all I'm not telling them anything, but you are right about the suppression and its not from people like me either. The teens are all strung out and completely lost and trigger happy.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

So..... Sister Act with bullet proof vests then?

Seriously though, sounds like the youth need something positive to believe in. They are glorifying anarchy because they have lost hope by the sounds of it to me.

I can remember being young, poor with no direction. I can remember being angry with society because 'my turn' never seemed to come.

It sounds that something like this program in Denmark ought to be considered

The Art of Living

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

I lived there for 12 years so I'm pretty familiar with the situation. You can be poor anywhere. If you cared about your kids you would have them living out of a van in a safer place than Chicago if need be.

The kids caught up in this can't just go live in a van in a safer place than Chicago.
They can't just go be poor anywhere.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

Well I applaud you for your courage but you should know that they have been supressed for so long and don't know any better. And for you to say they deserve it and good riddance is straight ignorance

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

5 years at 122nd and 7 years on the south side by Halstead. I lived 6 miles from Cabrini green, so yeah, I'm familiar mate

Me/wife/2children were almost shot after being pinned in on 122nd/Halsted by a gang mobile. They let us go, but was damn scary. I would love to help kill those bastards and feel ZERO remorse or guilt. Will save others.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Here you go - according to the article

"A 17-year-old boy was shot in the arm and took himself to Jackson Park Hospital, where his condition had stabilized, police said."

Took himself to the hospital. That is badass. Unless they ran out of ambulances, this kid was like f*ck it, I got this.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I have no sympathy for people unwilling to improve their quality of life or remove themselves from a bad situation. If your too dumb to do that for your children then you should have your kids taken from you to a better place and you can take your own chances on those streets. Good riddance.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Things that can put a stop to it are simple. Care, compassion and empathy. That is just the mindset it takes. Each person is different. Some need structure, some need to be able exercise their minds, others, their bodies. They only believe in no hope because no one has shown them that there is any. Prison cell or body bag, those are your options. Imagine living life in that mindset and fully believing that there is no other way.

It has been ingrained into them, some say by design.

*P.S.* I'm not using this information to in anyway justify the actions in the OP.*

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

agreed, even animals will remove themselves from a dangerous situation, I hate to think that people in Chicago are dumber than animals but the facts seem to prove otherwise.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I got shot at 9 times over a 1990 caprice one night. I was about 3/4 of a mile from Cabrini the night the sniper shot the undercover cop. I can't for the life of me understand why people won't just go.

Just go. Go struggle somewhere else.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I have no sympathy for people unwilling to improve their quality of life or remove themselves from a bad situation. If your too dumb to do that for your children then you should have your kids taken from you to a better place and you can take your own chances on those streets. Good riddance.

This post is straight up foolish.
These kids have no control over where they live.

edit on 2017-01-26T20:30:17-06:002201726America/Chicago1 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

That's like saying child soldiers in Africa deserve to die because their parents couldn't afford to raise them so they gave them away.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

That's a comparison your choosing to define. I said exactly what I meant.
edit on 26-1-2017 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

Their parents do

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Their parents do

Yeah, but it's not the kids fault that their parents don't.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Listen I completely get it. I myself also left the hood, plus I've been on my own since I was 16. I know how difficult it is that's why I sympathize for these young kids they don't know any better . I would never say good riddance to them dying that's just evil and ignorant IMO.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I never said I put any fault on the children of these people.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join