It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kangaroo Cryptids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This is always something I've thought about since it happened. When I was somewhere from 7-10 years old some kind of creature started killing a lot of pets in my neighborhood. One night it attacked my neighbors dogs he had tied up behind his house. He heard the commotion, flipped the porch light on, and ran outside and shot at it. He said he saw the back of it before it "jumped' into the woods and he swears it looked like a kangaroo, the legs of it were the exact same. A few more people saw it and said it was like a mix between a dog and a kangaroo. More pets died over another week or so, then it just stopped. People went on with their lives and forgot about it.

Then, a few years later when I was a teenager I was reading some kind of Encyclopedia of Cryptozoology book and there it was. An entry about kangaroo type creatures that had been sighted and it talked about pets being killed and even the descriptions of it were almost the same. Turns out these are actually seen by people in a lot of different places.

The existence of a stable North American breeding population of kangaroos has never been confirmed, even though sightings are quite common. Some breeding populations of feral kangaroos in Europe have been accepted as real by mainstream scientists, but not in enough places to account for the widespread spatial scale of European kangaroo sightings. The escapes of occasional pet kangaroos in Europe and North America do not seem to explain the sheer number of sightings, and escapes from zoos or the circus are rare, with the animals generally being recaptured within a few days at most.

www.newanimal.org...

Phantom Kangaroos:
exemplore.com...

A video of a sighting in Oklahoma:

I've thought of where I grew up as a kind of Skinwalker Ranch-Light since I read the book. There was weird sightings of all kinds of UFO's, Bigfoot, Dogmen, strange sky sounds, and whatever the thing was that was murdering pets for a couple of weeks. We could be talking about some kind of escaped population of real animals, but would they attack pets like that? This has just been one of those weird things I've experienced in the past that I'll always ponder about and wonder exactly what it was.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Who knows what kind of creatures are being bred via the crossing of species.

I've read some very scary stories (stories mind you) about who knows what agencies experimenting with the crossing of species.

Dog men, the Mothman, cuchcabra, etc. being created.

Some stories even mention that these creatures are let loose on unsuspecting populations.

Nice OP!

edit on 3-1-2017 by Spader because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
That Okie Kangaroo was a pet and was recaptured within a few days of that vid. No cryptid there.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spader

Who knows what kind of creatures are being bred via the crossing of species.

I've read some very scary stories (stories mind you) about who knows what agencies experimenting with the crossing of species.

Dog men, the Mothman, cuchcabra, etc. being created.

Some stories even mention that these creatures are let loose on unsuspecting populations.

Nice OP!

Maybe it could be something like that. There's a military base within 30 miles or so, so who knows.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
That Okie Kangaroo was a pet and was recaptured within a few days of that vid. No cryptid there.

I know. But its evidence there actually are kangaroos sighted in the wild, escaped pets or not. Maybe what was sighted around my neighborhood was an escaped animal? The phantom kangaroo thing is interesting as well.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

My motto is if it swims like a fish, smells like a fish, tastes like a fish. it's a probably a fish.

But if said fish walks on two legs on the beach chomping on a cigar, it needs to be looked at from a different angle.

I attempt to rule out every possibility until I get something to work with.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Did you grow up in NJ? Pine Barrens?
The New Jersey Devil has been described as bounding like a kangaroo.

G
edit on 3-1-2017 by Gordi The Drummer because: spelling

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I understand that kangaroos are naturally leery of dogs. So one attacking a dog isnt out of the question in my opinion. Especially if its a big red.

But id also imagine a dogman (if thet exist and arent just the latest modern folklore) would look just like a kangaroo frpm the rear as its jumping over a fence to scamper off. And according to the stories thet attack dogs frequently and have a vengeful streak inthem being territorial.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Gotta watch out for those roos.
This blokes dog was getting attacked by a male eastern grey roo.

edit on 2America/Chicago40Tue, 03 Jan 2017 18:40:31 -060003600000017 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

Oh man that roo looks stunned for a second there like what just happemed there. Knocked the attitude right out of him.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
I understand that kangaroos are naturally leery of dogs. So one attacking a dog isnt out of the question in my opinion. Especially if its a big red.

But id also imagine a dogman (if thet exist and arent just the latest modern folklore) would look just like a kangaroo frpm the rear as its jumping over a fence to scamper off. And according to the stories thet attack dogs frequently and have a vengeful streak inthem being territorial.

I didn't even think about that, but that's true. The legs would look sort of the same. Right on.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Have a look at some of the stories about "Spring heeled jack" from the UK if you want some weird tales about a bounding bi-pedal figure.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Escaped pets.

However prehistorically there were sabre toothed kangaroos

Thats pretty viscious

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Imagine flocks of velocetaptor like roos converging on that lawyer from jurrasic park. That was Australia nillions of years ago. Makes you wonder if a few arent still around.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Strangely kangaroos originated from a tree possom like creature. Wonder if there were giant possoms back in the day and could sone still be around

top topics

join