It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it so hard for Most Trump supporters to believe Russia tried to influence our election?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
As most of you know I am a Trump supporter but I have no doubt Russia did everything they could to try and influence our election and get Trump elected.

I have never seen so much imminent nuclear war talk at least since the 80s. Putin went so far as to tell all those reporters about how they have been making offensive weapons this whole time and how most Americans do not even realize the danger they are in.

He has the cities do nuclear war drills . So now that Trump is elected what happened to all the imminent war talk? I mean not a peep.

We have even gone so far as to accuse him of personally hacking the emails and retaliated by expelling people from the country and threatening sanctions.

And go figure no nuclear threats no war threats ,just we will wait and see what Trump does.

Why? Because he got what he wanted, Trump elected.

So why is it so hard for some of you to believe they hacked and or leaked the emails? It does not make a Trump presidency any less valid. Unless you can prove he colluded with Russia the whole time to pull it off.

People still voted on their own they were just more informed then the left wanted them to be.

I wish people would stop putting Putin the former colonel in the KGB on such a pedestal the guy is all ESTABLISHMENT.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: goou111

I've got a sneaking suspicion that each side tends to argue too far into their bias that opposing rebuts or claims make it appear in the equal opposite spectrum.

Rinse, repeat.

+38 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Please describe the actual "influence" you're referring to, and how relevant it actually was.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Why does it have to be such a foreign 'pun intended' matter? Personally, it seems pointless to talk about the condition or happenings in the neighbors back yard when we are dodging turds like crazy in our own backyard. Lets please all grab our pooper scoopers, then watch the Kardashians later, ok...

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Please describe the actual "influence" you're referring to, and how relevant it actually was.

I am talking about the imminent nuclear war talk. I even made a thread about back then that it seemed like they were just trying to get Trump elected.

I dont know how old you are but do you remember the last time you heard nuclear war rhetoric like that?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I'M IND, it happens. Get over it. We influence most every election. That's the way politics work. Swallow it. Always been that way, always will be. Period. The people voted and the electoral college did their thing. You done yet, you mad? Your Demon spawn lost, boo hoo.

+39 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Few informed posters focus on Russia, because everyone and their dog hacked into the DNC server and Hillary's server, owing to very poor security.

In addition, Hillary is hated by most in intelligence services, because she endangered so many because of her recklessness.

Ergo, there are many, many possible vectors as to the leaks.

Ultimately, Hillary lost because most could see Hillary's BLATANT FRAUD AND INCOMPETENCE

Russia may have wanted to influence the US elections, but then so did the Chinese, or more ominously, the Saudis, far more dangerous but no one talks about them.....
edit on 31-12-2016 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2016 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Two words:

Identity politics

These people aren't just people who support Trump. They ARE Trump fans. It's WHO they are. It's what they are.

Trump's failures are their personal failures. Trump's victories are their personal victories.

Studies involving brain scans have shown that people watching sports experience the same sensation of winning/loosing as their favorite sports stars who are playing.

When we watch our sports hero score the winning touchdown, the same areas of our brain light up that are also lighting up in his brain. This is why you'll see grown men crying after loosing an "important game" -- or freaking out and rioting after winning a championship.

The same thing has now happened with politics in this country, with the most egregious offenders being the Trump fans. If one were to take the list of traits needed to be a cult, "Trumpism" would easily and neatly fit probably twice inside.

I personally think this has to do with a few things...

1. People who secretly want to be told how things "are" and what to do by authoritarians are sick of not being told what to do under looser Democrat control.

2. Desperation. The world is changing, demographics are changing. The people who support Trump are predominately white -- a group of people who's numbers are decreasing and who's power is also being slowly stripped away. This is no longer a "white nation" run by white people, for white people. This is terrifying on a subconcious level that these people will never admit (and aren't equipped to either).

3. The feeling of "winning" is addictive. For many, they've waited a long time to feel a political win. Gay marriage was a huge blow to a lot of people. Having a black man in the White House for 8 years was incredibly demoralizing to a subset of this country, despite the fact once again they'll never admit it (even to themselves). This isn't the America they thought they'd be living in right now.

There's a lot of anger, resentment and fear right now inside of Trump fans. Some just want to "burn it all down" -- not even caring if it hurts themselves in the end. They're so insanely pissed off that they stood by and didn't do anything before, and instead blamed their crappy situation on others (ala Fox News & Breitbart tells them to).

So it's a psychologically complex and interesting mix we have going on here.

I liken it to a pumpkin soup. Complex, nutty, rich in character but intensely orange in color...

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

Because everyone and their dog hacked into the DNC server and Hillary's server, owing to very poor security.

In addition, Hillary is hated by most in intelligence services, because she endangered so many because of her recklessness.

Ultimately, Hillary lost because most could see Hillary's BLATANT FRAUD AND INCOMPETENCE

Russia may have wanted to influence the US elections, but then so did the Chines, or more ominously, the Saudis, far more dangerous but no one talks about them.....

I agree. It just seems like some Trump supporters take it personal when they accuse Russia. That is what I dont get.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Because everyone and their dog hacked into the DNC server and Hillary's server, owing to very poor security.

Russia may have wanted to influence the US elections, but then so did the Chines, or more ominously, the Saudis, far more dangerous but no one talks about them.....

Wow, I didnt think people still had no understanding of the DNC/podesta emails and how they have nothing at all to do with the the clinton server which btw no one has shown to have been hacked nor have any leaks been produced with emails from it.

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Im not a trump supporter and i have not seen any evidence that russia had anything to do with the leaks or our election.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Its not just Trump supporters who think this is ridiculous..

These players in the game do this sort of thing all the time, there is a reasonable amount of "probing" going on from all sides. However all we are seeing here is a last ditch attempt to lay blame somewhere other than where it needs to be laid...

If any of this is true and the Russians were able to influence the American elections one could come to the conclusion that the billions on billions of tax payer money than are filtered into both the military and alphabet agencies across the U.S and beyond is a complete and utter waste of money and time...we may as well have Maxwell smart run the show..

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   

There is no doubt after the sanctions we implemented that crashed their economy they will try and get out if it.

That being said we've hacked them too, you asked for evidence I gave you a link.

We are aggressive too, both sides are tit for tat and it needs to stop

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

Wow, I didnt think people still had no understanding of the DNC/podesta emails and how they have nothing at all to do with the the clinton server which btw no one has shown to have been hacked nor have any leaks been produced with emails from it.

Separate instances of hacking, caused by gross incompetence in both cases.
The piss poor knowledge is yours, sport.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I will try it this way.. Because Trump got elected. Even though none of us actually thought it would happen.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

We are aggressive too, both sides are tit for tat and it needs to stop

Can you show me where both sides are tit for tat ?....If you can paint the U.S in any other way than the aggressor i am all ears

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Im not a trump supporter and i have not seen any evidence that russia had anything to do with the leaks or our election.

Oh me either.. But Its really not that hard to believe Putin would do it.

link   

originally posted by: Pyle

Separate instances of hacking, caused by gross incompetence in both cases.
The piss poor knowledge is yours, sport.

Unless you are hiding information the Clinton email server has not been hacked nor have leaks been produced with emails from the server.

+13 more 
link   
a reply to: Kettu

One word - mirror.

The BS about identity politics is yours.

Given Hillary's demonstrated incompetence and criminal behavior, support for her can only be explained by "identity" politics, which is a hobby horse of the left.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
yawnnn.... Trump bad...Russians bad...Republicans bad.... Lions and Tigers and bears Oh My!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join