It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you feel about Trump getting cozy with Russia and Putin.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Trump is a traitor.

He is a traitor now, he will be a traitor tomorrow and he will always be a traitor.

Cannot change those stripes.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The cognitive dissonance in this thread is crazy. The same people defending this are the ones denying that Russia hacked the election because Trump is friends with Putin.

We all know Trump only said this to inflame the people and keep the narrative growing. This is manufactured outrage at Its finest on BOTH sides of the debate. People keep taking the bait.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

The same people defending this...

Defending what?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoeP2247

Trump is a traitor.

He is a traitor now, he will be a traitor tomorrow and he will always be a traitor.

Cannot change those stripes.

What makes him a traitor?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Dan00

The Tweet and the implications of it. Trump knew what he was doing when he said this, he knows what the media is propagating and knew what the implications of this Tweet would be which is more arguing and more division.

Trump is divisive yet he talks about unity. He talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

Ah,

I am sure the subtleties are lost on me, as they may not be on you.

I appreciate that our POTUS engages in such a way.

I pray that he is as strategic with his posts as you imagine him to be.

Honestly? Who doesn't love that the dude uses twitter in his own voice? If that's the case?

God Bless America.

Abraham-#in'-Lincoln would've used Twitter. right?

P.S. He would've.

Promise.

edit on 30-12-2016 by Dan00 because:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I think American conservatives have been brainwashed and that this blind trust of Russia and Putin is a liability.
Putin is ex KGB and those views do not die easily, fortunately for him conservatives in America are lead by the nose
to where ever the leader or establishment wants them to go.

Once Putin tries to expand west we will be at odds with our actually long term allies when Trump looks the other way.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: gpols
Our President-Elect just tweeted:

Great move on delay (by V. Putin) - I always knew he was very smart!

[click on the quote to go to the tweet]

I know we have some vets on the board and I'm interested in others people's opinion and predictions on the Trump getting cozy with Russia and Putin.

Personally, I think Putin is playing Trump like a fiddle and he's going to gas Trump up and they are going to use it against the US. Russia is going to take this opportunity to gain intel on our capabilities they don't know about and at the end of Trumps term Putin is going to make a fool out of America and Trump.
Trump didn't become a multi billionaire by being stupid or naive...

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Eight years ago:

"Obama makes us look weak on his 'apology tour'! Russia is laughing at us!"

Six years ago:

"Obama needs to stand up to Russia and be tougher with Putin! Obama is letting Russia and Putin walk all over America!"

Today:

"Obama is acting like a baby, and threatening WWIII by these petty accusations against Russia! Russia is our ally and an example of how we should be!"

There's some massive, straight up Orwellian doublespeak going on in this country right now.

Doublespeak is the only way people can keep the cognitive dissonance (two opposing views at the same time) away, and from causing mental break downs.

Those swept up in this whole cult-like identity politics thing are having to leave their brains and patriotism at the door for this one...

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool

I know we have some vets on the board and I'm interested in others people's opinion and predictions on the Trump getting cozy with Russia and Putin.

Personally, I think Putin is playing Trump like a fiddle and he's going to gas Trump up and they are going to use it against the US. Russia is going to take this opportunity to gain intel on our capabilities they don't know about and at the end of Trumps term Putin is going to make a fool out of America and Trump.
Trump didn't become a multi billionaire by being stupid or naive...

Of course not!

He inherited millions of dollars to get himself started!

In fact, he'd be way richer if he just safely invested all those initial millions his Daddy left him. Instead, he spent decades squandering it and skirting the law to avoid paying taxes for nearly 30 years.

Trump is what a homeless man imagines a billionaire to be. He's taken every stereotype about wealthy people and plastered himself with them. It's almost like he's compensating for some character flaw or defect...
edit on 30-12-2016 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

And by the way...Malcolm Nance, a highly respected former counter-intelligence officer of 30+ years has made a very solid case that Trump was likely compromised in Moscow during the Miss USA contest there. You should do some research.

Not just that, either. Trump has a number of Russian loans and business interests here involved. The Russian blackmail theory seems more and more plausible. It would certainly gel with the past actions and behaviors of both parties.

I still don't think any of this matters, though, because I don't think anything will come of it. Bush sold us out to the Saudis, and nothing came of it. Obama was weak and did nothing. So I don't see anything happening to Trump.

This country has been dead since 2007.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Trump could be one of, if not the best President ever simply because he is a businessman elected at a time that the country has become a business. If he remembers that always, and acts like the CEO...he can do wonders on our behalf.

Part of that means posturing and negotiating and having relationships with other leaders...good and bad. Obama and the left always looks at another leader who they don't like and try to hurt them. Never considering that what they don't like about them is likely what their people and country NEED in a leader. Yes children...not every people need a parent that doesn't spank. Some need to be spanked, punished and controlled.

Summary. So far, Trump is doing perfectly and I believe he will continue "winning" for us. Of course, you will hear the left's lies (ie. words) saying how bad Trump is but that is just the "crap in the wind" they would generate regardless of who was elected...besides Clinton. Trump is doing just fine with Putin and Russia.

Example: Two guys in High School hate each other and go through their school lives bad mouthing each other, giving each other evil looks, trying to do wrong by each other...but they never actually fight. Another two guys in High School hate each other and after a few words, start punching. They get a bit bloody and bruised...sweaty and exhausted. They get out their aggression and "got their licks" and begin to respect each other. They become friends.

Believe it or not snowflakes...that is basically how it used to work before the crybabies changed the rules. Trump and Putin will battle, reconcile and respect each other. The end result may be two completely different people (ie. different from each other) that can work together where needed...and leave each other alone where it isn't needed.
edit on 12/31/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/31/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdamHeiman
Personally I think Trump is doing the right thing. Russia has no ambitions and Obama kicked Russian influence out of Ukraine, Libya, Syria. Russian people are well mannered and very friendly. It is good for America and Russia to work together. Humanity must settle other planets before the Sun burns out. Peace, not war, is the way to go.

I shake my head... yes, yes, Russian people are good, just like all people... but I think Trump is leading the nation like the Pied Piper to their destruction. Don't under estimate the Russians.... their animosity towards America runs very very deep, and has a certain logic to it from their point of view.

Like I wrote in another thread, I don't know if Trump is just stupid or has some other strange agenda... but metaphorically, I feel like people over here are just waving bye bye to the USA with nostalgic tears in their eyes.

I talked with a Russian friend a while ago about it, and she,(in her very Russian, deep and cold voice - I still wonder how stereotypes can so often apply?) gave a half smile and said, Trump is an idiot. And we appreciate that....
edit on 31-12-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   

a reply to: GreyScale

As for being played like a fiddle... let's wait until he's actually in office perhaps?

He's already acting as Commander-in-Chief. Why do we need to wait for him to be in office?

As it was mentioned before hand, he as already started "diplomacy".

I personally think it's a wise move to have alliances with the other superpowers.

Look at China, we have an alliance with them. It's not stopping them from militarizing the South China Sea.

What is the logic behind thinking who our president is, who will be replaced in 4 or 8 years, will get rid of decades tensions?

Alliances are one thing but bending over and spreading for a superpower is something else! You do realise that the Soviet Hacking is of information that influenced a closely run election is a very serious thing!

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma

originally posted by: AdamHeiman
Personally I think Trump is doing the right thing. Russia has no ambitions and Obama kicked Russian influence out of Ukraine, Libya, Syria. Russian people are well mannered and very friendly. It is good for America and Russia to work together. Humanity must settle other planets before the Sun burns out. Peace, not war, is the way to go.

I shake my head... yes, yes, Russian people are good, just like all people... but I think Trump is leading the nation like the Pied Piper to their destruction. Don't under estimate the Russians.... their animosity towards America runs very very deep, and has a certain logic to it from their point of view.

Like I wrote in another thread, I don't know if Trump is just stupid or has some other strange agenda... but metaphorically, I feel like people over here are just waving bye bye to the USA with nostalgic tears in their eyes.

I talked with a Russian friend a while ago about it, and she,(in her very Russian, deep and cold voice - I still wonder how stereotypes can so often apply?) gave a half smile and said, Trump is an idiot. And we appreciate that....

I think you underestimate Trump here.

Let's not forget the warm relationship Reagan had with Gorbachev. Between the two of them they brought the iron curtain down and reopened the now former USSR to the world.

Let the man take office and watch his actions before passing judgement I say.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Trump has close ties with many of Putin's inner circle of financiers.

As time Magazine has shown.

time.com...

The Financial Times has gone further to claim that Trump has received soft loans from various Russian banks as this would explain his Putin crush.

Will he now honour the Rosenbergs and the Victims of Mccarthyite purges!

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: gpols

Personally, I think Putin is playing Trump like a fiddle and he's going to gas Trump up and they are going to use it against the US.

The Obama (US government) just kicked out a bunch of Russian diplomats along with imposing sanctions, and Putin (Russian government,) announced it would not reciprocate — go tit for tat. That is a sign of reason on behalf of Russia that should lead to peace.

...Putin is going to make a fool out of America and Trump.

Putin (Russia) already made a fool out of Obama (America) through its latest move. Putin (Russia) already made a fool out of America in Syria...

In fact, the late Fidel Castro made a fool out of America for the past few decades...

Personally, I think Putin is playing Trump like a fiddle and he's going to gas Trump up and they are going to use it against the US.

Geopolitics are not that cartoon but, if true, good.

edit on 31-12-2016 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: gpols

Come into my parlour said the spider to the fly.
I believe the relationship will benefit Putin more than it will Trump , It remains to be seen how far the Donald will venture into the lair before he realises it's a trap.

Trump really needs to speak to the people who know what they're talking rather than people with vested interests.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Oh no don't tell them the truth. They hate that. Haha, don't tell them Trump isn't really a 'master negotiator' as all of his 'negotiations' are conducted from a position of great leverage. Real master negotiators can walk into a deal with the least amount of leverage, and through intelligent maneuvering, come out of the deal with equal or greater benefits.

When has Donald been in any position that would suggest least leverage? When he got into trouble, Daddy bailed him out. Or daddy's friends bailed him out. I say this and I will say it again:

If Donald Trump was Donald Smith, the same people rallying behind him would be the same people telling him to pull himself up from his bootstraps because Donald Smith would be a homeless sociopath beggar.

edit on 31-12-2016 by FelisOrion because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join