It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you feel about Trump getting cozy with Russia and Putin.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Our President-Elect just tweeted:

Great move on delay (by V. Putin) - I always knew he was very smart!

[click on the quote to go to the tweet]

I know we have some vets on the board and I'm interested in others people's opinion and predictions on the Trump getting cozy with Russia and Putin.

Personally, I think Putin is playing Trump like a fiddle and he's going to gas Trump up and they are going to use it against the US. Russia is going to take this opportunity to gain intel on our capabilities they don't know about and at the end of Trumps term Putin is going to make a fool out of America and Trump.
edit on 30-12-2016 by gpols because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2016 by gpols because: grammar.

+36 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I feel great about it. Russia and the US should work closely together, now more than ever. The Obama Administration seems intent on blowing that notion to bits but it won't work.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Tman2135

So you think all the animosity from the cold war and Russian and Putin's nostalgia for the Soviet era isn't in direct conflict with American values or the image America is attempting to project in the world?

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: gpols

I guess "getting cozy" is now replacing "Diplomacy"? Considering diplomacy seems to be a lost art form in the roles of power hungry governments, it not a wonder that people forgot what it was.......

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Tman2135

Imagine the great things that can be accomplished if we can get the huge corps and uber wealthy from twisting our govt into pointless weapon build ups and cold/hot wars.

Our 2 countries could change the world for the better.
edit on 30-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I personally think it's a wise move to have alliances with the other superpowers.

It's certainly better than ending up looking like a moron on the world stage. (See Obama).

Or just going to war with said superpower. (See Hillary).

What I really think is going on is that EVERYTHING that Trump does is going to be put down by the left.

Everything. Everything good for America, everything bad, everything in the middle. Liberals don't really care WHAT happens to America now because they are not getting their way. So they will continue to be marginalized by the political center of America (you know, the actual majority).

As for being played like a fiddle... let's wait until he's actually in office perhaps?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Trump just openly praised Putin, he has also said in the past that he admires Putin.

I guess you could slap the label of diplomacy on it, but that Trump tweet/statement seems more like a Putin Man-Crush.

+30 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Much better about this than Obama getting cozy with globalists and terrorist sponsoring countries.
edit on 30-12-2016 by DrStevenBrule because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
How do you feel about Trump getting cozy with Russia and Putin

Well as my pappy use to say.

You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Or if you prefer.

Keep your friends close.

Keep your enemies closer.
edit on 30-12-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I think it's a good move, And welcome it.

Constantly being on the brink of WW3 isnt good for anybody, + costs a god damn fortune as well....

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: gpols
Our President-Elect just tweeted:

Great move on delay (by V. Putin) - I always knew he was very smart!

[click on the quote to go to the tweet]

I know we have some vets on the board and I'm interested in others people's opinion and predictions on the Trump getting cozy with Russia and Putin.

Personally, I think Putin is playing Trump like a fiddle and he's going to gas Trump up and they are going to use it against the US. Russia is going to take this opportunity to gain intel on our capabilities they don't know about and at the end of Trumps term Putin is going to make a fool out of America and Trump.

I would agree with you. And it's too late to do anything about it now. The deal was done.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: GreyScale

As for being played like a fiddle... let's wait until he's actually in office perhaps?

He's already acting as Commander-in-Chief. Why do we need to wait for him to be in office?

As it was mentioned before hand, he as already started "diplomacy".

I personally think it's a wise move to have alliances with the other superpowers.

Look at China, we have an alliance with them. It's not stopping them from militarizing the South China Sea.

What is the logic behind thinking who our president is, who will be replaced in 4 or 8 years, will get rid of decades tensions?

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: gpols
a reply to: seeker1963

Trump just openly praised Putin, he has also said in the past that he admires Putin.

I guess you could slap the label of diplomacy on it, but that Trump tweet/statement seems more like a Putin Man-Crush.

If a Democrat gets to friendly with the commies, it's treason. But when Trump does it, it's diplomacy.

See the disconnect?

Putin will destroy Trump. Commies don't respect twitterbitches.
edit on 30-12-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Keep your enemies closer.

Yeah, but that only works when you know they're an enemy and don't think they are a friend.

Otherwise I completely agree with you. But just as the Donald said in the tweet, "Putin is very smart".

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Putin is smart.

You don't maintain control of a country for a decade and be a billionaire oligarch if he was stupid.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
shrug
according to Vatican's schedule.
Both their candidates.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

How do you feel about Trump getting cozy with Russia and Putin?

Umm, better than I did after this fiasco...

-Chris
edit on 30-12-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

If a Democrat gets to friendly with the commies, it's treason. But when Trump does it, it's diplomacy.

See the disconnect?

Trump has a history of being a big government liberal, cozy with the Clinton's and all that.

I don't consider a Democrat getting friendly with the commies treason. As I would except a lot of folks that vote democrat to have a communist political ideology.

Going back to my first statement about Trump being a big government liberal at heart it just goes to prove you can in fact put lipstick on a pig.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Exactly my point.

You "get it".

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
First of all Russia is not my enemy, greed and desire to have power which is abused is what I am against. Sure there is some of it going on there, just as it is going on in America.

If your countries leaders are Honest and Sincere , than that country is being led by a good government. It doesn't mean it will always be that way. How many Honest and sincere presidents have we had in the last say twenty years?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join