It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient 'ETERNAL LIFE' bacteria leaves Russian scientist 'ILLNESS-FREE'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
There's a reason why no one takes Russian science and engineering seriously. They gave the world this stupid article and the Yugo.

Except when they come up with something truly #ing amazing. You have to cull through the trash for the good stuff. Because we've certainly snatched our share of jewels out of the pig poop with Russia.

The good thing is, we're better than they are at finding the worthwhile bits.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I'll wait for the scientific info. I don't exactly trust a guy that would do that and make claims without study and testing. He sounds a lot like the "Hold my beer and watch this" idiot we see getting maimed on video.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy

originally posted by: becomingaware
Well, Penicillin is derived from bacteria, a fungus.

Lol. Derived from bacteria, a fungus? Da hell?

Also, no. This isn't even possible. Life isn't like your X-men comic. That person is not a scientist either. OP you need to read a lot more about how bacteria interacts with the human body. Stop reading retarded Russian propaganda. You do realize Russia thinks they're in the middle of the Cold War again, right? And no one cares except their incompetent bankrupt government? Even the Russian people are starting to realize what's going on here. Ffs, get with it and expect a lot more stupid crap like this to come from that part of the world. There's a reason why no one takes Russian science and engineering seriously. They gave the world this stupid article and the Yugo.

Surely you can feel the bs when someone says they injected themselves with an ancient bacteria and acquired superpowers. Come on man...

Penicillin was discovered in 1928 by Scottish scientist Alexander Fleming.[3] People began using it to treat infections in 1942.[4] There are several enhanced penicillin families which are effective against additional bacteria; these include the antistaphylococcal penicillins, aminopenicillins and the antipseudomonal penicillins. They are derived from Penicillium fungi.[5

Totes Mcgoats

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: becomingaware

Fungi aren't bacteria. Worse, you have to go through a lot of processing. You can't just inject penicillium as an antibiotic.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Your're right, I miss-spoke. I'm not a doctor, I grow things.

I use benefiacial bacteria to inoculate soil and when you have healthy a rhizosphere you get awesome mycelium growth, I must have connected the two in my head. Apparently that's a common misconception.
Whats the difference between bacteria and fungi

Yes, I understand penicillium has to be processed first before becoming medicine. My point however is that these two organisms together have a symbiotic relationship found in nature over and over again that promotes optimal growth.

edit on 29-12-2016 by becomingaware because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop
While I find the prospects of something like this really cool...

The scientist now claims to have been free of illness for two years following his injection.

He said: “I started to work longer, I’ve never had a flu for the last two years.

I haven't even had a cold for the last two years, let alone a flu.

Beer and cheese burgers seem to be the common denominator.

Yeah, I'd like to see a mode of action. I've been sick 5 times in the past 25 years. Three of those were food poisoning - what can I say, I'm a a risk taker and I destroy calories like Michael Phelps with the munchies.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Three of those were food poisoning

all failures
shoulda asked for the money upfront

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Not too far from the truth I think.

In my case I use Himalayan salt in water to flush my body of bacteria then I replenish the good bacteria through my diet afterwards which I have found has had a very positive affect on my body and state of mind considering I have long term illness.

At my age probably doesn't work half as well as someone who follows these older methods in their 30's onward's but good luck finding this information I am starting to notice its getting harder and harder to gain these alternative methods, they are heavily suppressed and/or the authors are completely taken to pieces leaving no credibility to the people involved or the methods.

I am not after a longer life, I am after a better life and that starts with having a body that is in a good state of health to start with.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
So when a story like this comes up, I try to keep an open mind. Ancient bacteria discovered in thawing permafrost sounds like the stuff of movies.

And this day will be remembered as the day the Zombie Apocalypse began!

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
Sounds like something out of a movie.. 'Russian scientist injects with ancient bacteria, now Tring to take over the world' Cue the spiderman type hero..

Or even worse planet of the apes/I am legend /28 days later scenario..

Or Maybe another experiment for putins super soldiers..

Watch this space..

OR Worse .. John Carpenters ( The Thing ) Episode !

but of Course if this Did Happen and the Russian Scientist did inject this Bacteria into his Blood Stream
he must of Known of the Effects from examining the Lab Mice that was Injected ...

its either A benefit or a Hazard..

what most dont realize , is we have Good Bacteria and bad bacteria in our bodies now !

but if this was a Virus a 3.5 million year old Virus .. then we have a problem!
unless it one of the virus ( retrovirus ) attached to our DNA .. then we are fine ...
coming from our Early Man Ancestor..

but this is bacteria .. Ancient bacteria now being exposed to modern Elements ...

Now I would be concerned as to Why this Russian MAD Scientist
has no Illness because of the Ancient bacteria ..

I want to see the Results within a few months

and a close study examination of the bacteria ( bacilus F ) of what it contains ..

Ohh god Invasion of the Body Snatchers comes to mind !

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Ancient 'ETERNAL LIFE' bacteria leaves Russian scientist 'ILLNESS-FREE'

Just reading this lit about 6 different red BS lights!
What 50s horror Crawling Eye movie 'scientist' injects himself with his experimental bugs!
The largest load on ATS today!
Reeeeeallly! *__-

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Monatomic Gold, anyone?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

He probobly just tanned a few bottles of this stuff.

www.amazon.co.uk...
edit on 30-12-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

There's a similar X-Files episode in season 1 in which an ancient organism from miles beneath the ice turns people angry and paranoid. I do wonder if journalists/people watch some of these sci-fi programmes and make a bit of money off inventing a slightly different story from it.

The Daily Express are becoming famous for their horribly inaccurate sources.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
OK I'm busy at work right now, but I need to mark this thread.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: twfau

Follow the money that makes sense.
Religion
military industrial complex
politics
big science
All kinds of snake oil being sold for that kind of gratification.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: twfau
a reply to: Wolfenz

There's a similar X-Files episode in season 1 in which an ancient organism from miles beneath the ice turns people angry and paranoid. I do wonder if journalists/people watch some of these sci-fi programmes and make a bit of money off inventing a slightly different story from it.

The Daily Express are becoming famous for their horribly inaccurate sources.

The Ice ( The X Flies )
en.wikipedia.org...(The_X-Files)

Ironically its a film adaption ...
of Who Goes There aka The Thing from another World ( 1951 ) ,
and John Carpenters version of the Thing ( 1982 )

well Scientist should Start looking here for Ancient bacteria or even other Organisms

Old as Dirt: 2.7-Million-Year-Old Soil Found Under Ice
By Becky Oskin, Senior Writer | April 17, 2014 02:00pm ET
www.livescience.com...

Buried thousands of feet under Summit, the highest point on Greenland's ice sheet, is a soil born before humans ever walked on Earth. The 2.7-million-year-old silt is a remnant of the verdant tundra that covered Greenland before it was entombed in ice, researchers report today (April 17) in the journal Science. Pollen and plant DNA buried in the seafloor offshore of Greenland also suggest the island once had tundra and patchy forest, similar to today's high Arctic. The new findings hint that at Summit, the tundra landscape was open to the sky for 200,000 years to 1 million years before ice covered it.

Meanwhile on the DailMail Site .. Them Darn Aliens !!
must of been the Thing or Kryptonians ( Clark Kents Superman Descendants )
mistaken as Angels Gods etc..

Does this mysterious piece of aluminium prove UFOs visited Earth 250,000 years ago?
The discovery was made in 1973 but supposedly kept secret at the time
Chunk of metal was found alongside two ancient fossils, investigator said
Metallic aluminium was not produced by humans until 200 years ago
Historians dispute claims that the object is of alien origin and say that it is a part from a WWII German fighter plane
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican
Fascinating. Too bad we can't smoke it or baked in a brownie.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
..placebo effect?

Well if it is, but yet it affects you in a positive way, then who CARES what it's called. I don't.

Well you should, because there are a lot cheaper and safer ways to experience the placebo effect than injecting yourself with "miracle bacteria".

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: becomingaware
Well, Penicillin is derived from bacteria, a fungus. Mycelium is the largest living organism is the world and when certain strains flower they demonstrate a lot of benefits not normally accepted in western medicine.

Psilocybe cubensis is being studied more in depth currently to alleviate depression and anxiety, when a lot of us have known its benefits for a while now.

Some believe that "Mana", mentioned in many ancient cultures is actually a mushroom. Mycology is a hobby of mine but I don't have any background in it, just a general belief that nature provides us with everything we need to live a better life.
I have experienced positive health benefits with the amanita muscaria.
It seems to have powerful antiviral and antidepressant qualities. Don't over do it. It can make you feel ill at higher doses.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join