It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient 'ETERNAL LIFE' bacteria leaves Russian scientist 'ILLNESS-FREE'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

A RUSSIAN scientist has injected himself with 3.5million-year-old “eternal life” bacteria extracted from the Siberian permafrost – and now claims to be stronger and free from illness.

The bacteria, Bacillus F, was locked in permafrost for millions of years until Russian scientists discovered it.

Tests had up only been performed on mice and human blood cells, until Anatoli Brouchkov, head of the Geocryology Department at Moscow State University, offered to test the bacteria on himself.

He said: “The permafrost is thawing, and I guess these bacteria get into the environment, into the water, so the local population, the Yakut people, in fact, for a long time are getting these cells with water, and even seem to live longer...

Now I thought this story was quite interesting, and worthy of bringing here to ATS to digest. I have a bit of experience myself with trying something that everyone dismissed as "snake oil".

A long time ago, I read about something that I thought was curious. And despite all the outright dismissals, the idea seemed like it might work. After all, there are still some unknowns out there, particularly when it comes to the human body and its response to certain stimuli. So I bit the bullet, spent a bit of money, not that much really, and to my amazement, it really did have an effect. That was like 20 years ago, and I still participate to this day.

So when a story like this comes up, I try to keep an open mind. Ancient bacteria discovered in thawing permafrost sounds like the stuff of movies. How utterly cool! Risky, but hey, if it works then all the more power to him. But like anything else, YMMV. Different people can react differently to the same thing.

There's gold in them thar hills though with this. Everybody's going to want some of that stuff. I know I'd probably at least try it once- although I'd probably get close to a hospital first- just in case.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I have seen this one. The bacteria mutates and he turns into a superhero. "HealthyMan". Pretty gory, a lot of white blood cells.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

So I bit the bullet, spent a bit of money, not that much really, and to my amazement, it really did have an effect

What is it..?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

Hey, everybody around here already thinks I'm totally nuts. If I told you that, I'd probably be banned.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

You sissy...

Check your PM

+25 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Well, Penicillin is derived from bacteria, a fungus. Mycelium is the largest living organism is the world and when certain strains flower they demonstrate a lot of benefits not normally accepted in western medicine.

Psilocybe cubensis is being studied more in depth currently to alleviate depression and anxiety, when a lot of us have known its benefits for a while now.

Some believe that "Mana", mentioned in many ancient cultures is actually a mushroom. Mycology is a hobby of mine but I don't have any background in it, just a general belief that nature provides us with everything we need to live a better life.
edit on 29-12-2016 by becomingaware because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Interesting, it sounds like the plot from a movie..placebo effect?

+19 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
While I find the prospects of something like this really cool...

The scientist now claims to have been free of illness for two years following his injection.

He said: “I started to work longer, I’ve never had a flu for the last two years.

I haven't even had a cold for the last two years, let alone a flu.

Beer and cheese burgers seem to be the common denominator.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
..placebo effect?

Well if it is, but yet it affects you in a positive way, then who CARES what it's called. I don't.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I'd like a placebo like that.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Thanks you for this information. Keep me posted on any developments please.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Lol. Oh for Pete's sakes, stop PMing me peoples about that. It just ain't gonna happen. I said all that just to illustrate the point that you need to be open to new things. Cautiously, sure. But not just dismiss everything and throw the baby out with the bathwater, the way so may people will immediately do. This scientist may have indeed made an important discovery here. An ancient bacteria might have some properties that are beneficial. It could have just disappeared under the ice, so to speak, like the 95% of species that have disappeared on this planet. And now it's thawed.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

the polite response = what utter bollox

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Meh.

I await the peer reviewed scientific paper which is due any minute now !?!?! Until then let us hold back all judgement or continue to look for the philosopher's stone.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Sounds like something out of a movie.. 'Russian scientist injects with ancient bacteria, now Tring to take over the world' Cue the spiderman type hero..

Or even worse planet of the apes/I am legend /28 days later scenario..

Or Maybe another experiment for putins super soldiers..

Watch this space..
edit on 29/12/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
"illness free" ...is a bit vague for me too... personally.

Did the guy (scientist) do a full medical work-up before injecting himself with this bacteria as to compare the results after said injection?

illness - a disease or period of sickness affecting the body or mind

Now if he was riddled with cancer... or had diabetes... or some other type of measurable illness before this injection and after he was free of that illness... THEN, I'd be a scoatch more intrigued by his claim.

That said... placebo is indeed an amazing phenomena and if it is what is keeping him free of illness then more power to him I suppose.

Off Topic: And TA... you bought one of those time machines off the internet like Uncle Rico did in the Napoleon Dynamite movie didn't you...

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Well, if we didn't keep spraying chemicals on everything to kill parasites and microbes, maybe we would all live longer. These bacteria could live in nature.
edit on 29-12-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: UberL33t

Well who knows? It could have a reinforcing effect on the immune system and the body's ability to fight off attacking bacteria. That would not be so inconceivable...

And hey, how did you know it was the time machine?

Ok, ok, I guess I should also mention that I took the time machine, went back about 3.5 million years when this bacteria was active, brought some back, gave it to the Russian scientist, and subsequently became a propaganda mouthpiece for Putin.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
So why aren't theire ancient Russians scampering about in total control of everything?

uh oh....perhaps they are the Illuminati. That's a scary thought.
edit on 29-12-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I´ve read a book about something like that -fictional- where the spring of eternal life was in fact ridden with special unique bacteria only growing because of some symbiotic relationship with another plant and the minerals in that stonespring.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join