It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient 'ETERNAL LIFE' bacteria leaves Russian scientist 'ILLNESS-FREE'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
SMFH. How many other things did the guy do? How does he know the bacteria survived more than a few seconds?

For all you could tell, the guy's condition might be normal for him. Maybe it's the brand of vodka he drinks. Maybe he just wasn't exposed to viruses he wasn't already immune to.

Seems like a really illogical and totally unsupportable leap to call it 'eternal life bacteria', and about as bad to ascribe health benefits to it with no data to support that at all.

But, hey, it IS a British tabloid, so it must be true.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

So when a story like this comes up, I try to keep an open mind.

A good thing to do on all subjects in my opinion.
www.sciencenews.org...

Scientists who study the microbiome, the collection of microorganisms that live in and on the human body, have peppered research papers with an estimate that bacteria outnumber human cells 10-to-1 or even 100-to-1. In recent years, those estimates have come into question, with the American Academy of Microbiology suggesting in 2013 that the real figure is probably closer to three bacterial cells for each human cell.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Here come the Russian Zombies.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I thought crystallised urine was the secret to eternal life, or was that a few years ago now. I need to keep up to date with these things.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Well, if we didn't keep spraying chemicals on everything to kill parasites and microbes, maybe we would all live longer. These bacteria could live in nature.

Some people can have more bacteria DNA than human, maybe the kinds of bacteria may have allowed people to live longer in the past as per religious books.

Among individual people, the bacterial count could vary as much as 52 percent, say Ron Sender, Shai Fuchs and Ron Milo. With a fudge factor of 10 trillion to 20 trillion bacteria, the number of microbes may pretty well match the number of human cells in the body, which also varies somewhat.

www.sciencenews.org...

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican

A RUSSIAN scientist has injected himself with 3.5million-year-old “eternal life” bacteria extracted from the Siberian permafrost – and now claims to be stronger and free from illness.

The bacteria, Bacillus F, was locked in permafrost for millions of years until Russian scientists discovered it.

Tests had up only been performed on mice and human blood cells, until Anatoli Brouchkov, head of the Geocryology Department at Moscow State University, offered to test the bacteria on himself.

He said: “The permafrost is thawing, and I guess these bacteria get into the environment, into the water, so the local population, the Yakut people, in fact, for a long time are getting these cells with water, and even seem to live longer...

Ancient 'ETERNAL LIFE' bacteria leaves Russian scientist 'ILLNESS-FREE'

Now I thought this story was quite interesting, and worthy of bringing here to ATS to digest. I have a bit of experience myself with trying something that everyone dismissed as "snake oil".

A long time ago, I read about something that I thought was curious. And despite all the outright dismissals, the idea seemed like it might work. After all, there are still some unknowns out there, particularly when it comes to the human body and its response to certain stimuli. So I bit the bullet, spent a bit of money, not that much really, and to my amazement, it really did have an effect. That was like 20 years ago, and I still participate to this day.

So when a story like this comes up, I try to keep an open mind. Ancient bacteria discovered in thawing permafrost sounds like the stuff of movies. How utterly cool! Risky, but hey, if it works then all the more power to him. But like anything else, YMMV. Different people can react differently to the same thing.

There's gold in them thar hills though with this. Everybody's going to want some of that stuff. I know I'd probably at least try it once- although I'd probably get close to a hospital first- just in case.

...it is very sweet OP
but no one made it past '120 years'

120 years, hieroglyph H'ENNu, "life of Saturn",
is their physical body Saturn fabricated for us to live in,
literally meaning "120 years"

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
Seems like a really illogical and totally unsupportable leap to call it 'eternal life bacteria', and about as bad to ascribe health benefits to it with no data to support that at all.

You would not believe how exactly similar the thing I was talking about in the OP that I bought was branded. And it almost killed the sale for me, but I went for it anyway. And am I so fricken glad I ignored what the marketing fools pinned on it. It was probably the article writer that came up with that. I'd bet the scientist had nothing to do with that label.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

What is it..?
a reply to: BestinShow

I so want to know too, but I guess he's not going to tell anybody.

OP as tempted as I was I didn't PM you, hope you can appreciate my restraint... Interesting article btw, I'll keep my eye on it too. As another poster said, I believe there are a lot of things in nature that can give us all we need for health, etc.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
Sounds like something out of a movie.. 'Russian scientist injects with ancient bacteria, now Tring to take over the world' Cue the spiderman type hero..

Or even worse planet of the apes/I am legend /28 days later scenario..

Or Maybe another experiment for putins super soldiers..

Watch this space..

Theres a movie called The Fountain where Hugh Jackman searches for the fountain of youth to cure his wife of a disease. His life echos previous past lives where he was also a Spanish conquistador looking for the tree of life. He finds them in all his lives including his last where he achieves enlightenment. Its a beautiful movie.

Ive always been attracted to that same philosophy hence the tattoo. Maybe its not so far fetched that the Tree of Life/Fountain of Youth may indeed be a fungus, as well as the philosophers stone.
edit on 29-12-2016 by becomingaware because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: twfau
I thought crystallised urine was the secret to eternal life, or was that a few years ago now. I need to keep up to date with these things.

It's not crystallized urine. It's fresh self-urine.

The fountain of life is in the middle of the garden right in front of you.

It's living "waters".

The modern scientific theory of the mechanism of action goes like this:

When a person is ill, the brain detects the foreign substances in the blood, as that blood passes through the blood vesicles within the brain. The brain then reacts to these "messages" by releasing special "hormones" and other "biochemicals" into the blood, which transports these "response messengers" to the various cells of the body, telling those cells to create the "antidote" to the particular illness. The DNA of each cell has the "life preserving" instructions, the body knows how to heal itself, and all that's required is the "trigger" to tell the cell to start producing the cure.

So, the body naturally starts to heal itself.

However, as soon as the body begins the cure, the "concentration" of the illness messenger chemicals drops in the blood, and the brain thinks "hey, I'm being cured", and so the brain "stops sending response messengers" to the various cells of the body, and the cells stop producing the cure. All these illness messenger biochemicals are then extracted by the kidneys and passed out the body as urine.

So, while the body heals itself, it's a slow process. And sometimes, the body doesn't heal, because the rate of expulsion of the messengers from the body through urine is faster than necessary to keep the brain sending out messages to heal.

Hence by taking "fresh urine" back into the body, the illness biochemicals are put back into the bloodstream, and the brain then sees that they are not being eliminated but increasing instead. So, the brain sends out even more "response messengers" to tell the cells DNA to work harder and produce more cure.

In this way, the body's self-healing mechanisms is accelerated, and the body heals faster.

There is a catch, however, according to the yogis. To safely use your own urine as your "water of life" you have to go on a special "diet". If you eat meat, don't try to drink your own urine. You have to be a practicing vegetarian, for some period of time, before your urine will be pure enough to use as your medicine.

The famous Yogi Mahatma Gandhi drank his own urine every day to maintain his health. But, he was a vegetarian.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
"Dude, I found some bacteria thats millions of years old. "
"Lets inject it bro! We'll be like superman."
"Lets get our injection on bro, whats the worst that could happen?"
"Uhh we could become immortal! Dude. "

edit on 29-12-2016 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: twfau

Ha, I wonder what happened to that guy. That was such a strange thread.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

I dig yer style brotha! We should kick it..

Why not though? It takes a brave soul to try new things. I doubt that would be able to happen in the US, too many agency oversights to allow it and if you truly believe in something your best test subject would be yourself. Not enough brave pioneers left in this scared world anymore.

edit on 29-12-2016 by becomingaware because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

a reply to: BestinShow

Hey, everybody around here already thinks I'm totally nuts. If I told you that, I'd probably be banned.

Well tell me. Because lupus is a real bitch and I'd like to be rid of it.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I've been illness free for 18 years. And that's because when i was about 8, I used to pretend to be ill to get off school and mostly got the actual illness, when I was 18 I got a chest infection and thought maybe I brought it on myself, from then on whenever I would come down with something I would know that my immune system was to strong for it and thank it for the workout. Then this year i found out there was a lot of scientific evidence of a nocebo effect, further cementing my belief.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
If he ate some McDonald's food like the other blokes thread I doubt the effects would be the same. There's no cure for that slop.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

It must be a slow news day, as they published that story back in 2015.
Scientist who injected himself with 3.5 MILLION year old germs says they give ETERNAL LIFE

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

You would not believe how exactly similar the thing I was talking about in the OP that I bought was branded.

Me, I'm the crazy person who reads studies and patent filings, extrapolates to the next step, and tries it, sometimes on myself.

The old lady just facepalms. But hey, if you read four or five fairly well done papers, and the unis filed patents on various aspects of the papers, and you're pretty sure they missed something(s) obvious, what better way than to set up the same organic synthesis and make a tweak? I'm at least as skilled as their grad students. And Norways are cheap.

Although the local labcorp shudders to see me coming. "Hey, you guys got a sendout for microvials for serum manganese?"

This, though, not enough data. Hell, not ANY data.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

3.5 million year old smack is obviously still a hell of a drug.

On a more serious note lets see the phenomena studied and duplicated under laboratory conditions and see if it does what this scientist says it does on the tin.
edit on 29-12-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: becomingaware
Well, Penicillin is derived from bacteria, a fungus.

Lol. Derived from bacteria, a fungus? Da hell?

Also, no. This isn't even possible. Life isn't like your X-men comic. That person is not a scientist either. OP you need to read a lot more about how bacteria interacts with the human body. Stop reading retarded Russian propaganda. You do realize Russia thinks they're in the middle of the Cold War again, right? And no one cares except their incompetent bankrupt government? Even the Russian people are starting to realize what's going on here. Ffs, get with it and expect a lot more stupid crap like this to come from that part of the world. There's a reason why no one takes Russian science and engineering seriously. They gave the world this stupid article and the Yugo.

Surely you can feel the bs when someone says they injected themselves with an ancient bacteria and acquired superpowers. Come on man...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join