It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suit: Versace used secret 'code' for black customers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Yeah, sounds like this guy was looking for a reason to sue. CNN picked it up to fill its race relations slot in the absence of any cop shootings to keep up the race hatedivide theme going.

Its humorous in a way; considering this is CA and the number of awesome wealthy black people in the entertainment industry there, my guess is that if they did have a code, it was to alert the workers to look sharp because big money had entered the store.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Stores have codes for all kinds of things..... things no one would ever have thought of. Its how they talk to each other when they dont want customers to hear.

got a spill...... theres a code
someone stealing..... theres a code.
door left open...... theres a code
What would make any one think there are not "Customer codes" as well

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This doesn't quite pass the mental image test for me.

You're a salesperson on the floor and an African American walks in. You're supposed to "casually" mention D410 to someone. To who? Other salespeople, who must have seen what you saw? The manager, who you would have to track down and start a casual conversation? Security, who probably saw the person before you did? Are you the only person in the store with eyesight?

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

You are accusing store people with being aware..... of customers...... you're kidding right. I take it you never walked around a store for 20min trying to get someone to help you out

edit on 27-12-2016 by Zimnydran because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Zimnydran
Working loss prevention in retail I am aware of different codes. But I have yet to hear of a code when a black person enter the store.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

That info is only released on a need to know basis.... your clearance isnt high enough.
Cops have them....“We have one IC3 male, around 5ft 5in, wearing a black hoodie and a red baseball cap...Why would you be so certain no one else does

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zimnydran
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

You are accusing store people with being aware..... of customers...... you're kidding right. I take it you never walked around a store for 20min trying to get someone to help you out

Usually, when I go into a store I know what I want and I just go get it. My biggest problem is figuring out which one of the twenty registers actually has a cashier. I guess if you have a hard time finding a salesperson, they must all be busy trying to work obscure codes into casual conversations with each other.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Oh, I see a big super secret.

I guess this CNN story gave us look deep into the secret world of retail codes for the sales people to easily identify customers.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

There is also all those racist businesses who put their business in a black neighborhood and then bar the doors and put glass between clerk and customer.

Yes because that is of course the reason why they open a shop there in the first place and spend all that money on all of those things. To be racist.

Get real.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I am not saying there is or isnt..... I am saying it is not that far of a stretch to believe they would.
Why do you need a code for someone shoplifting?? cant you just say someone is shoplifting?
I see nothing sinister about having codes for customers... it seems more like a marketing strategy...a way to match the right salesperson to help insure that a transaction takes place.... I would not put it past a manager to see a well-to-do black customer walk in and expect his sales person to go put on a BLM shirt..... because thats how crazy this world has gotten

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zimnydran
...I would not put it past a manager to see a well-to-do black customer walk in and expect his sales person to go put on a BLM shirt....

Maybe elsewhere but the associates at Versace have a corporate-dictated uniform they have to wear.

It's all black, by the way.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
There is usually a 3 months probation period when hiring new employees. There doesnt need to be much of an excuse to let someone go in that 3 months. At least in California.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Sorry man, I am speaking more about "todays" business ethics than I am about any particular store. You gotta admit there has been some really questionable practices going on as of late.
Look at how many accounts that bank was so kind to open for people with them not even knowing about it.

Settle out of court, deny all wrong doing.... forbid any mention of it as part of the settlement.... even if lives are lost, environments are destroyed..it doesnt matter.... long as the sale was made

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I think Wells Fargo and this case are not even remotely similar. One was a systemic issue of malfeasance and this one appears to be isolated to potentially one outlet store in San Francisco.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I think that the store in question is a one off.
If I were a betting man, I would guess the manager is the super genius that came up with the code. IF true, there is going to be a law suit to settle this whole thing.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Well I guess we will have to agree to disagree..... I think this is what "business' in general has evolved into.... and we just get little glimpses here and there because it has gotten so bad it spills out on the floor every now and again

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

A high end store such as Versace? Very easy to find help there in my very limited experiences.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

A high end store such as Versace? Very easy to find help there in my very limited experiences.

I have no doubt about that...... and it also wouldnt surprise me if that help was tailored to effect greater chance to "make the sale"...... with some folks getting waited on by the store manager himself.... while others never get to see who the store manager actually is

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Couldn't tell you. All I know is I got almost more help than I needed. I must have looked really bad...or at least out of fashion.

Ended up spending almost six hundred dollars...but I was very popular that Christmas

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

hahahh.... whew..... I can even imagine dropping 600 on clothes....... but dropping 3000 last April on an oculus and all the goodies I NEEDED to have makes perfect sense

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join