It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suit: Versace used secret 'code' for black customers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: AMPTAH
So, the music can be the code.

Right, when you here that techno tune that sounds like that other techno tune it means, 'Black guy in the hizzie'.

Makes total sense.

I don't know what sense it makes. It either is, or isn't. For some people, this is reality, for others fiction.

We don't live in the same world. We only share some common elements.

The inability of one human being to understand another, is largely a matter of exposure to experiences.

So, whether we believe the OP or not, depends on whether we or someone we know and believe have similar stories to tell.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH
So, whether we believe the OP or not, depends on whether we or someone we know and believe have similar stories to tell.

Believing or not believing the Original Post is not the same thing as believing your speculation.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Believing it has nothing to do with the thread, either it happened or it didn't. Either it is wide spread or it isn't.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
It sounds to me like another fake story put out to make people feel more divided than they are now.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: AMPTAH

Believing it has nothing to do with the thread, either it happened or it didn't. Either it is wide spread or it isn't.

Right. And I believe the OP.

Nothing can be proven in a thread like this, so we all have to stake our beliefs on what we know.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Zimnydran

We didn't marry, thank the good lord... We were together for about eight years, just short of nine.

At the time, I had a pretty good career developing in the commercial fishing industry, but she, and I can't really blame her for this, didn't want to live in Alaska, out on St. Paul, or Kodiak, or some of the coastal communities that were, to put it kindly, rather rough... ...and I wasn't about to give that up, I was enjoying myself.

She *ahem* found someone else...but didn't bother to tell me about it. You can guess the rest...

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It is a weakness shared by many of us.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Zimnydran

You shop at Macy's too?

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInitial
It is a weakness shared by many of us.

Stay strong brother.

And look sharp.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Fashion...what a load of tosh...such a pretentious shallow industry. Hugo Boss? designed nazi uniforms and the brand is still going?.
Make your own fashion don't follow the crowd.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Thinking back we used to have code for customers in my first ever job as a fishmonger often I would alert the other staff with "Gib mottob" or "eilrig" or "Gib sietit".

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Thinking back we used to have code for customers in my first ever job as a fishmonger often I would alert the other staff with "Gib mottob" or "eilrig" or "Gib sietit".

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I worked [many years ago] for a famous travellers cheque company. We dealt with the fraud side of things. All calls were handled as you expect. However when a caller was from Nigeria, or Nigerian, a strange state of emergency ensued, where we were all warned about said 'customer' and to be on special alert.

Needless to say it had nothing to do with skin colour or racism but was a practical tool in rooting out fraudulent claims. If I told you that 0% of our Nigerian calls were legit, you may understand our behaviour.

We didn't have this alert on Irish people, despite one of our biggest frauds coming from there [at the time]. The reason was that 99% of other Irish claims were legit.

You see, these claims of racist behaviour more often than not are a direct consequence of something that happened before.
Had all claims from Ireland be dodgy, we would have had that 'alert' against Irish calls. Could they have claimed 'gingerism?'

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: seasonal

As a former model, who did a number of Versace campaigns and runway shows, baby sat Allegra and was pretty close to Donatella, Paul and Gianni...this sounds like bs to me. At least in regards the brand, as they hired mixed and full ethnicities to do print and runway, for instance Nadej in the early 90s, one of numerous.

Are you the one that invented blue steel?

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
They were about the same time.

Tupac was personal friends with Gianni who often gave him pieces for free, him wearing them inspired everyone else in the industry to get into the brand.
Augustus, you know your stuff, man.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

No it's not a fake story, it's a cash grab by the person making the complaint, as in the story is real, they are actually trying to sue. It's just that their story is most likely complete bs.

But yes, MSM love this kind of racial tension.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimiBlack

They used to have some cool parties at the 5th Ave store back in the day and Tupac was a regular at these.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

They used to have some cool parties at the 5th Ave store back in the day and Tupac was a regular at these.
That must have been pretty cool.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

That must have been pretty cool.

I had few interesting experiences.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

So will this be the first lawsuit based on "dog whistle" language?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join