It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can be fined $250,000 for not calling people ‘ze’ or ‘hir,’ pronouns if they demand

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: omniEther

Ze vill obey

Ve hav vays zu make yu comply! Ach!

Hmmm...reminds me of something......Adolf... somebody.....

link   

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: jonnywhite
I read an article recently about trasgenders and he described how on one day he brokedown emotionally after being called "her" several times.

I read a article somewhere that those are sjw attention whoring drama queens that have mental breakdowns because they accidentally saw a image of the confederate flag.

And no i am not joking.

I heard the same thing when a conservative was wished a happy holiday.

link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: jonnywhite

I think I am about to breakdown too for been insisted to bend over for a small group in this nation.

how about that, all my suffering and piece of mind I am about to cry, I am confuse and can not tell he for she and viceversa because this darn new generation can not make their mind on what they want to be.

Hmmm seems like a good time to sue the city for millions over this !

link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Oh yea? Well you're not my buddy, guy!

South Park references FTW

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: jonnywhite
I read an article recently about trasgenders and he described how on one day he brokedown emotionally after being called "her" several times.

I read a article somewhere that those are sjw attention whoring drama queens that have mental breakdowns because they accidentally saw a image of the confederate flag.

And no i am not joking.

I heard the same thing when a conservative was wished a happy holiday.

You got a source ?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: Krakatoa

a reply to: Krakatoa

I think that 99.99999999999% of the time, "she" and "her" will do quite well for a transgender female. For that .00000000001% of the time it won't, you could avoid personal pronouns and just use their name. Again, if you think you are going to come across a lot of ze's and zir's in your life, you'd better run out and buy your powerball tickets, cuz you got a much better chance than anyone else of winning.

An d in that small chance, there is the risk of being sued. Yeah, that is real tolerant of them.

SMFH

There is a much bigger chance of being sued if you accidentally step on someone's foot on the subway. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. You are trying to make this like trans people are a bunch of vicious litigious monsters, looking for any excuse to make your life hell. Believe me, there are a lot more cisgender people out there like that. I'd be losing sleep over them instead.

For your uninformed opinion, one of my close friends has gender dysphoria. She struggles with it daily. I just asked her opinion of this law and her response was,

"That is ridiculous. I have more issues to be concerned about than what pronoun someone uses when addressing me. If I am concerned, I just ask them to call me by my name. This approach will only make more people hate people such as me. Anyone that is that devastated by that has a lot more problems than gender confusion."

So, there you have it. This is why I was upset earlier because if DEMANDS people conform to the minuscule minority and apply that twisted logic to everyone.

I still SMFH....

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

EXACTLY!!!!

Can't we just agree that if you dictate how people describe you, then you should be described as an A hole.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

And if no one sues over this, then it's a non-issue, isn't it? Who's making a big deal about it? A conservative writing an opinion piece.

This law is really put in place to help combat serious harassment and bullying. Anyone that isn't interested in harassing or bullying a trans person doesn't have anything to worry about. Refusing to use the correct pronoun is usually only one small part of a larger issue of transphobic actions.

I bet if your friend was being hassled constantly and bullied, they wouldn't like it.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Ha.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
After reading the whole thread I have made my decision,I prefer to be called
by my proper pronouns...Her Royal Highness,Queen Mamabeth!

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

And you are of the opinion that nobody will demand 25K from another when they are given the opportunity, right?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

And if no one sues over this, then it's a non-issue, isn't it? Who's making a big deal about it? A conservative writing an opinion piece.

This law is really put in place to help combat serious harassment and bullying. Anyone that isn't interested in harassing or bullying a trans person doesn't have anything to worry about. Refusing to use the correct pronoun is usually only one small part of a larger issue of transphobic actions.

I bet if your friend was being hassled constantly and bullied, they wouldn't like it.

If she was (and has) she simply fights back or ignores them. If they get physical, then the police have gotten involved using EXISTING laws already on the books that apply to everyone. Having laws like this are easy targets of abuse by vindictive people too. The old "if you are not...you have nothing to worry about" never applies in a court of law. There are many instances of laws with good intentions being abused for purposes in which they were never meant to be used.

My point is the forcing people at the point of a legal sword to address you as some made up word that is not part of any common lexicon based upon how you "feel" today (which is how it will be abused) is simply wrong and overyl complicating a very divisive topic.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

If they tell you they are female, and they have a female name and they dress as a female all the time, it would be gracious to refer to them as female.

If they dress as a female all the time they get called mam. But don't talk to me about transitioning until you've had the surgery.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

I have also decided that if any fail to use my preferred pronouns I
will be seeking financial compensation.I also don't want to be paid
with monopoly money either.
So remember now...Queen Mamabeth!

edit on 5-12-2016 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: omniEther

"I'll always call a dame a dame, a guy a guy."
-Dick Bimbo, Private Investigator

link   
I refuse to use ze or frickin hir. Thats she and her. In german. So you're demanding me call you she and her. It's fricking she and her.

My brow-beaten friends still joke about "wotsits." So if I can't tell what you are, you're an it or some...thing, or "maybe they were a wotsit." Im just not polite about it, so..that's what you get, dig?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Refusing to use the correct pronoun is usually only one small part of a larger issue of transphobic actions.

There's the assumption of hate again.

This is the dangerous part of the "progressive" movement.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Meh. I don't really care whether someone wants to be called a man or woman instead of their biological gender, but those are the two choices so pick one and stop whinging.

Mental illness does not count as a gender. No need to go inventing words for it.
edit on Ev15MondayMondayAmerica/ChicagoMon, 05 Dec 2016 18:15:36 -06000522016b by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

This law has actually been in existence for a while now. Can you show me how many lawsuits have happened over someone refusing to call someone ze or zir or hir or any other non-traditional pronouns?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

The dangerous part of the conservative movement is "you fall in line with what we want you to be".

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join