It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can be fined $250,000 for not calling people ‘ze’ or ‘hir,’ pronouns if they demand

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
I must be easily confused, because I fail to see any sort of an issue here.

I call folks what they want to be called, if I err, and they correct me, I'll apologize and call 'em what they want to be called. It's of absolutely no matter to me.

That isn't the issue that concerns most people. Being forced to do it under the threat of legal penalty is the issue.

Let's promote tolerance by making everyone hate the people trying to force tolerance down their throats!

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   

a reply to: everyone

I've dealt with, for many years, with members of the transgender crowd. I've found that if I treat them as fellow adults, there's little, if any, problem.

I don't believe this is a problem stemming from the transgender crowd. The trans people I've dealt with generally prefer to be known for the person that they are, not their "unusual status".

Nope, this problem stems from the collective idiocracy of people who have nothing about them that is likeable or makes them worth knowing as people. Little Jimmy Snowflake waking up one morning, deciding "Hey, I'm just a Snowflake, I wanna be a special snowflake!". So, he writes lots of stupid leftist nonsense terms - "I am a non-binary quasi-spirit-animalist who needs to be known by their non-specific Dragon gender", etc - on slips of paper and throws them all in a hat, then pulls one out at random and says "Yep, from now on I'll be that cuz it makes me feel speshul."

This isn't an issue with the transgender crowd. It's an issue with the retards that attach themselves to anything that lets them feel special, like the little personality-challenged social parasites and mental midgets that they are.
edit on Ev37WednesdayWednesdayAmerica/ChicagoWed, 07 Dec 2016 03:37:31 -06004422016b by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: omniEther
when did we start letting cities have such broad reaching powers and how is a city able to put you in its own private prison for up to a year or more for stuff that isn't illegal in rest of state don't believe me research stuff that can get you locked up in rykers island.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

No, I believe that people should be called what they want to be called. Is that hard to understand? Why do you choose to be needlessly rude?

Frankly it's puzzling.

I agree, but there is another issue.

Maybe some herein should ask themselves why they're so up in arms over what is, ultimately, a very small matter of common decency, and civility...

Because of the possibility of a few jackasses exploiting this through the courts for their thrills and profit. "You didn't call me Lord God Emperor K'Lexitu of the Fourth Gender, human rights violator!"

For instance, what if an automated system does not provide for a person's "preferred" mode of address? Can people sue as soon as they get an automatic email which doesn't have it? What if their preferred mode of address is a string of 20,000 characters?

This isn't necessarily without precedent. There are slimy shysters who exploit ADA act with a handicapped co-conspirator to seek out technical ADA violations and sue the heck out of businesses, the real estate owners and the insurers. They are highly successful and it is a widespread industry.

www.mercurynews.com...

edit on 7-12-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
That's totally bent mate!!

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   
This is ridiculous can you have someone call you "My Owner and God" under threat of legal penalty? or what about attaching the following before your name "You can do as you please with me I consent to all", does everyone have to say it? OR what about "I mean yes", either someone refers to you by that or they receive a fine?
edit on 8-12-2016 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

You don´t see the hypocrisy in your own words, don´t you?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I prefer 'Oi Mush' (pronounced moosh)

Sometime opt for whotchaface.

Although if this becomes law here in the UK, i'm stating for the record that henceforth i wish to be addressed as;

Oh most exalted, venerable highest of high, lord and master of all he surveys.

Yep, that'll do.

edit on 8 12 2016 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
This article is why I love Ben Shapiro.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: omniEther

I am not learning any of their BS garbage. Show me some evidence that you are what you say you are and then maybe.
Otherwise you're male or female and I use sex-pronouns. I don't use gender and I don't care what you think you are, all that matters is what you are.

Equal rights for everyone, but someone forcing their beliefs on others and forcing others to comply with their beliefs that are not based on evidence or reality, that is not right. That goes against my rights when you force me to comply with your beliefs.

I only comply with reality.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

I've dealt with, for many years, with members of the transgender crowd. I've found that if I treat them as fellow adults, there's little, if any, problem.

I don't believe this is a problem stemming from the transgender crowd. The trans people I've dealt with generally prefer to be known for the person that they are, not their "unusual status".

Nope, this problem stems from the collective idiocracy of people who have nothing about them that is likeable or makes them worth knowing as people. Little Jimmy Snowflake waking up one morning, deciding "Hey, I'm just a Snowflake, I wanna be a special snowflake!". So, he writes lots of stupid leftist nonsense terms - "I am a non-binary quasi-spirit-animalist who needs to be known by their non-specific Dragon gender", etc - on slips of paper and throws them all in a hat, then pulls one out at random and says "Yep, from now on I'll be that cuz it makes me feel speshul."

This isn't an issue with the transgender crowd. It's an issue with the retards that attach themselves to anything that lets them feel special, like the little personality-challenged social parasites and mental midgets that they are.

You nailed it!

So many of these people are social losers and outcasts. They have nothing to lose because they are worthless to begin with so they will try whatever they can to get some sort of pity sent their way. These are the types of people who join cults (and they did when they became SJW's).

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xenogears
This is ridiculous can you have someone call you "My Owner and God" under threat of legal penalty? or what about attaching the following before your name "You can do as you please with me I consent to all", does everyone have to say it? OR what about "I mean yes", either someone refers to you by that or they receive a fine?

The bill itself says titles like "Mr. or Mrs". That's what they mean by titles. All that other stuff like My Owner and God is made up fear mongering. It is EXACTLY like the dumb arguments made with the debate on same-sex marriage. Those crazy fear-mongering claims that if we let two gays marry, we'll have to let someone marry their toaster or their washing machine.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Mr or Ms/Mrs. no extra words for the lower than 1%. It´s getting to a point where it´s ridiculous, really.
edit on 8-12-2016 by verschickter because: edited because ats scrubbed my "lower than sign"

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

Well said.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

It's the same for marijuana

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join