It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey has Declared War on Syria - Does This mean World War 3?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Turkey is sticking it's neck out again, a little too far this time? I always felt if War occurred it would be in the Middle East where, there's never a solution.

theeconomiccollapseblog.com...

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has just announced that the only reason Turkish military forces have entered northern Syria is to “end the rule of the tyrant al-Assad”. By publicly proclaiming that Turkey intends to use military force to overthrow the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, Erdogan has essentially declared war on the Syrian government.

Of course this puts a member of NATO in direct military conflict with Russia, since Russia is working very hard to prop up the Assad regime. If all-out war breaks out between Turkey and Russia, could that be the spark that causes World War 3 to erupt in the Middle East? And once Turkey and Russia start fighting, would the United States and the rest of NATO be dragged into the conflict?

The big mainstream news networks in the western world are almost completely ignoring what Erdogan said on Tuesday, but without a doubt this is major news. The following comes from a Turkish news source…

The Turkish military launched its operations in Syria to end the rule of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said Nov. 29. “In my estimation, nearly 1 million people have died in Syria.

These deaths are still continuing without exception for children, women and men. Where is the United Nations? What is it doing? Is it in Iraq? No. We preached patience but could not endure in the end and had to enter Syria together with the Free Syrian Army [FSA],” Erdoğan said at the first Inter-Parliamentary Jerusalem Platform Symposium in Istanbul.

Here in the United States, tens of millions of Americans are hailing a new era of “peace and prosperity” now that Donald Trump has won the election, but the truth is that one false move in Syria could easily raise tensions between the United States and Russia to the highest level that we have seen since the Cuban missile crisis back in the 1960s.

If Erdogan would have just stayed out of Syria we wouldn’t be in such a precarious situation. Unfortunately, the president of Turkey is a narcissistic lunatic, and he dreams of a day when the old Ottoman Empire will once again be restored.

But his delusions of greatness threaten to make the Middle East even more unstable than it already has been. In addition to his remarks above, on Tuesday Erdogan also called on all Muslims globally “to embrace the Palestinian cause and protect Jerusalem”…

edit on 30-11-2016 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Erdogan SMH....

Russia, hey new best friends! Tell your boy to Chill TFO! We can do Syria together, better.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Between Assad and Russia Turkey better pray for mercy...or are they under the illusion the US and the coalition of the willing will ride over the hill to the rescue at the last minute..

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst
I hope we don't get involved. let them kill each other and keep us out of it.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
And so it begins? God let it not be so... If this is it, then the various contrasting viewpoints* aired in recent weeks from various players could all have been part of an intelligence subculture obfuscatory sleight of hand, to deflect attention while preparations were made & the fates decided.

* SOURCE

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ware2010
I hope we don't get involved. let them kill each other and keep us out of it.

Same.. I despise war, and this one is pure insanity.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Please tell me I'm not the only one who does not believe this, for one look at the source and what they're selling.

And yes iam attacking the source!

EDIT: I might eat my own words here, but doing a 2 min google search there seems to be multiple sources reporting this.
I think it's a good thing, it's been a proxy under the cover war for a long time, let them sort It out.
Remember Turkey is the one invading so NATO treaties are invalid.

edit on 30-11-2016 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2016 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I don't think so.

I'm pretty sure we have a "Mutual Defense Pact" or agreement. Turkey is the aggressor in this situation so I don't believe NATO is obligated to provide any assistance to Turkey here.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang
Please tell me I'm not the only one who does not believe this, for one look at the source and what they're selling.

that source Sources Turkish news.
It's true Erdogan said the reason his forces are in Syria is to overthrow Assad.

He did not declare war, he stated his intentions to go to war.
There is a difference, for now that is..

Turkey has been inside Syria since at least August.

RT

Newsweek

Turkish news

Independe nt

edit on 30-11-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
let`s hope that NATO has the good sense to stay out of Erdogan`s war.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
let`s hope that NATO has the good sense to stay out of Erdogan`s war.

We are already in the war I'm afraid.. We said the same things Turkey said, that we want to overthrow Assad..

Since August 2011, Britain insists, along with the U.S. and France and some Arab states, that the Syrian president Bashar Assad must step down.

Basically all of the main players on the global scene are in Syria..

Turkey is just the most recent of the group.

Russia will soon have an opportunity for payback..

Turkey downs Russian plane

will they take it?
I mean we all realize Russia is all over Syria working right with Assads troops.. How would they defend themselves against Turky's Armies if they don't shoot back?

The USA is great at staying right on the edge of war with Russia without going over the line.. I don't think Turkey has that sort of ability.

This is becoming very unpredictable.. Way too many armies in the same spot.
edit on 30-11-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
It's kinda f****d up that the prophesies written about are being used not as a way to thwart this from happening, but more as a guidebook...

Fearing the potential for this to come down like it is written is pretty irresponsible for those who would take it upon themselves to try and leads us away from going down the same exact path?

So whatever service these guys and gals think they are doing is actually not a service at all is it?

We know when they are lying because it's written on their faces, they tell us this and they tell us that- until they are blue in the face.
Can't listen to reason, it will affect their wallets?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

originally posted by: muSSang

that source Sources Turkish news.
It's true Erdogan said the reason his forces are in Syria is to overthrow Assad.

Turkey has been inside Syria since at least August.

RT

Newsweek

Turkish news

Independe nt

Thanks for adding those, along with the avi.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
I don't think so.

I'm pretty sure we have a "Mutual Defense Pact" or agreement. Turkey is the aggressor in this situation so I don't believe NATO is obligated to provide any assistance to Turkey here.

Turkey is trying very, very hard to force itself into the EU lately by blackmailing with refugees. Let us in; or we let them in.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Wow Turkey you guys are trying so hard to dethrone Saudi Arabia as numero uno douche in the middle earth.

Giant Meteor are you out there??

The Earth needs you!!!

I know a great spot you can land.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Turkey seems to be feeling its Cheerios lately. How many other countries does it plan to threaten?

More Threats from Turkey to Open Borders and Send 3,000 Refugees a Day to Greece

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

If he has military forces on Syrian territory, Assad is entitled to regard that as an act of war, and so are Assad's allies.
If they do,Turkey can't complain.

edit on 30-11-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

If he has military forces on Syrian territory, Assad is entitled to regard that as an act of war, and so are Assad's allies.
If they do,Turkey can't complain.

it is an act of war..

And yes Assad should take it as declaration of war, nad I'm sure he does.

it's just not official in the Turkish government is all. Not that that really matters, but I will correct anything I see wrong when I read articles to help people here better see whats really going on without the hyperbole..

He's been in Syria since August, these are just new words saying his true intentions.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Turkey/CIA supported fighters are getting their butts kicked in Aleppo... It is only a matter of time before Syria claims the city back under government control.. so.... time to step up their game or lose all. youtu.be...

Even after our dear rebels beheaded a child that was video taped for all to see we are still supplying TOW missiles to the rebels. youtu.be...

As of 30 November 2016 800 rebels in Aleppo have laid down their arms and surrendered.. youtu.be...

Turkey, Saudi, Qatar and their western allies (suppliers) need a new plan or... all their goals will be destroyed... couldn't happen to a better bunch of idiots IMO

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Turkey seems to be feeling its Cheerios lately. How many other countries does it plan to threaten?

More Threats from Turkey to Open Borders and Send 3,000 Refugees a Day to Greece

I'm glad you mentioned that via the link.

Erdogan is declaring war on Syria and threatening to flood a Soverign Country and Society with Immigrants, the guy is nuts 101 verifiably.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join