It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are The 7 Best Supplements To Take ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Hi Guys

My cabinet is full of supplements, but I need to scale back the amount, literally we could take 30 pills a day, as there is always something new coming out, that is better. I am trying to get feedback from the ATS community as to what people are taking and is working for them. We are not addressing any special health conditions but just general health.
I will say to exclude things like Oregano oil which we take when fighting a cold or other specific ones to battle specific ailments.

It can be minerals, vitamins, herbs, oils, anything that contributes to health.
I want a top 7 list, as that is how many fit into my pill holder.

My core program starts with vitamin C which is a bio gel product & Krill Oil.
Other than that I am open to ideas and suggestions.
Thinking of starting to take sunflower Lecithin too.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The best ones to take depend on your health state, your gender, age and any fitness goals you might have.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

The ones you've listed are good, I would also add

Biotin to your list. B Vitamins are of the utmost importance for obvious reasons.

edit on 26-11-2016 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Regular exercise and a balanced diet.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

none - hows that for money saving

to be blunt you have bought into a 20th century fad

unless you have a specific medical issue you dont need any supplirements if you have a good diet

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

For myself, I take a whole-food based multi-vitamin, which mostly covers all the basic vitamins well, but is a little short on minerals. In addition, I supplement with liposomal C, D3 in oil, A (not beta carotene) in oil, and a K complex in oil. I also do lemon juice in warm water in the mornings, and aloe vera in my juice, fairly regularly but not rigidly. I also keep EmergenC on hand to supplement minerals/electrolytes when necessary/appropriate. That's about it for me.

Standbys for specific purposes would include natural antibiotics like oregano oil and olive leaf extract, as well as colloidal silver (and silver soap) for first aid, and turmeric for inflammation.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
"Polyphenols have been found to have antioxidant properties. Antioxidants are substances that protect cells from oxidative damage caused by molecules called free radicals. These chemicals can damage important parts of cells, including proteins, membranes, and DNA. Cellular damage caused by free radicals has been implicated in the development of cancer. Research on the antioxidants found in red wine has shown that they may help inhibit the development of certain cancers."

Antioxidents supposedly prevent cancer. Living in New Jersey is not good for your health.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Greetings-

#1) STAY HYDRATED!!! #1, no doubt. How does Your car run with little or no water in it's battery? The human body is 70% water below the neck and 80% above the neck. You ARE water...

Are You a male? If 'Yes' I'd suggest Saw Palmetto w/Pygeum for prostate health.

For both sexes:

•Turmeric From the ginger family. This will work wonders against the environmental and dietary poisons.
•CoQ10 For the heart
•Garlic Odorless

* If You ingest more than a few drinks a week then I'd also take •Milk Thistle for the liver.

Also- Apply Coconut Oil wherever You're exposed to Sol (sun) Also in Your ears, nose, mouth etc. at least 1x a week. You'll also start to feel more energized throughout the day. This will also keep You hydrated throughout the day. Your skin will stay hydrated. You'll also look years younger after only a short time..

When I moved here I was on 7 Rx meds. I weighed 272. My b/p was 140/100 on 2 meds. now it is 120/80. Cholesterol went from 373 to 153. I started drinking more water and taking the dogs to the dog park. I weigh 207.

Stay Hydrated...

Asante

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
turmeric extract & raw kombucha for daily

elderberry elixir for the cold

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I'm old and my supplements are;

1. Ibuprophen
2. Scotch
3. Vodka
4. Meat
5. Pizza
6. Chili dogs
7. Cheese

But seriously, eating a well balanced diet does most of everything. Get fresh fruit and veggies. Get quality meats from a good butcher.

In my opinion.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'm old and my supplements are;

1. Ibuprophen
2. Scotch
3. Vodka
4. Meat
5. Pizza
6. Chili dogs
7. Cheese

But seriously, eating a well balanced diet does most of everything. Get fresh fruit and veggies. Get quality meats from a good butcher.

In my opinion.

Lol sounds like my diet most weekends, and chicken noodle soup with pasta.

Op, as said a balanced diet will suffice, no need for 30+ tablets when you can get it in your food.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Magnesium cause nothing you supplement with works without it.

I'm currently taking
potassium
Magnesium
Citrocal with D
B vitamens
and C if I remember it

Nothing too fancy, just bare minimum. Figure anything I don't need is recycled in the restroom.

Almost forgot! I keep Occillo on hand for emergencies.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

to be blunt you have bought into a 20th century fad

I am going to have to disagree with you here, supplements have helped me deal with specific health issues I have had in that past, which I no longer have.
Also herbs & oils have helped me fight colds and flu's in the past, as in everybody is sick at work but me, because I loaded up on Oregano oil, Garlic, and Echinacea and Ginseng which I only take when people around me are sick or I feel something coming on. This has worked for me for the last 10 years. I also take Manuka honey #16 during these times.

Even if you only take one supplement because you found it's the only one that helps you I am interested to know what it is.
Also it could be a natural foods too, some people ate large quantities of raw garlic to fight off the Spanish flu.
Also during the bubonic plague specific essential oils were used to fight that too. These are old school remedies.
edit on 26-11-2016 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I don't have a balanced diet (not keen on fruit) so I take vitamin C. You only need about 100mg a day, any more you just pee out.

And I get little sunlight, so I take vitamin D in the form of cod liver oil. It's very hard to get enough vitamin D in a normal diet.

That's it.

A reasonable diet should give you adequate amounts of everything else.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I am not trying to take your thread but you made me think,
maybe someone can help me here
i cannot eat fruit or vegetables so i take a cheap multi vitamin
can anybody recommend a good multi vitamin that i can get here in the UK?

and should i be taking anything any other vitamin or mineral?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
A goof multi-vitamin, which mostly covers all the basic vitamins, and has the methylcobalamin of B12. It is a lilttle light on minerals, so

In addition, I supplement with C, D3 in oil**, 200IU mixed vitamin E in oil, magnesium. Sea kelp and potassium.
Fresh lime and/or lemon juice daily.
Boswellia extract for inflammation...with meals.

When a bug threatens, oregano oil and olive leaf extract, and sometimes colloidal silver.
Valerian when sleep is elusive.

If I take calcium, in is in this complex : bone strength...and not the whole daily dose. I think most calcium should come from food.
My breakfast centers around fiber and a high protein Greek 2% yogurt.

**I take a higher dose of D3 from October to March, when sunlight is less.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Similar to above post, Methylcobalamin of B12 on its own though, & Vit D3.

Iodine supplement, this is an immensely important mineral, the only real source is sea vegetables (seaweed), RDI suggests 150mcg daily or 250mcg daily if pregnant, these are bare minimum amounts though, 4000-6000mcg daily is what I use/recommend myself, some studies show Japanese consume up to 13000mgc daily due to their seafood based diet, they are among the healthiest people in the world.

Convenient superfoods (protein, fiber, vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, gluten free, omega oils, lots more):
Quinoa, used as you would paste or rice.
Chia seeds, add 25g meals that can accommodate them, eg paste sauces, pestos.

CBD oil, this is a somewhat recently emerging "supplement", extract from cannabis/hemp plants, containing no THC (the psychoactive), can be taken orally or vaped, you get the health benefits or cannabis/hemp and there are a decent number, but won't get "stoned", it will calm/even out your mood, can be pricy, legal in most countries because it contains no THC, prices vary widely from distributors, best supplier imo right now is dutchnaturalhealing in both quality and price (not sure if their range can be vaped though).

Fun fact, make hair gel by boiling flax seeds and collecting the gel, works great and actually healthy for your hair.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   

It really depends on your body, overall health, any physical or mental conditions that you have, and what your doctor recommends. I take the following, if I don't, I get sick or experience unwelcome issues:

Whole food vitamins, D3, Fish oil, Magnesium, Butterbur, L-Glutamine, and Super Cortisol Support.

This works for me. I take the whole food vitamins, D3, and fish oil because they are recommended to me by my doctor. Vitamins are for general health, D3 because I am low if I don't supplement, and fish oil because of a genetic disease in my family which I don't have yet and may be able to prevent by taking the fish oil.

The Magnesium and Butterbur are to help reduce migraine frequency. The L-Glutamine and Super Cortisol Support are for stress and anxiety management. These are also recommended by my doctor.

You need to analyze yourself and come up with your own regimen. Don't chuck out what you've got, even if you decide not to take it now, as you may tweak your regimen or have an issue crop up, making something useful.

I will say it took me YEARS to work out this regimen.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Hi Blue, good luck on your search! And thanks for asking, as I;m looking forward to seeing the replies.

I'm chiming in with the middle-age female POV... my main goals are reducing middle-age female symptoms (think hot flashes, weird digestive rumblings, migraines, aches and pains, insomnia and the odd bout of anxiety).

I start with lots of fruits and veggies in the diet.

Magnesium (to reduce migraine frequency and pair with Calcium/D for absorption)
Good quality calcium/D3 combo... there are a few reputable brands
CoQ10
Vitamin E
B Complex (was on Hormone Therapy recently which can diminish B's... once I get back to feeling a balance, I will likely cut back on this)
Good quality Fish Oil (when my diet is deficient)

Very recently added Vitamin C and almost-daily warm lemon water. Too early for me to comment on any effects from that.

When I feel the cycle-related things bloating/bunching up, I drink a tea with Dandelion, Milk Thistle, Burdock, Chicory and Rooibos, a cup a day for a few days. Tastes like vanilla and almond, and Really helps!!

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I know Dumbass cant work without:

- O
- H2O
- C2H6O (disputable)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join