It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cadbury Chocolate? or Cadbury's Chocolate? - Weird Mandela Effect - Residue

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Cadbury's Chocolate is fairly well known in Australia and New Zealand.
Probably our biggest chocolate company here in Australia.
So Cadbury's is a name that I have grown up with.
Apparently, now, it is known as Cadbury chocolate and that is there registered trade mark name. No S.
But Cadbury's as I know it is an interesting change as there is a lot of residue left behind. Especially in the old retro adverts.

Link to Youtube retro adverts below.

www.youtube.com...

Its interesting as some of the adverts have both Cadbury and Cadbury's in the one advert.
As has an old 1950's chocolate tin I have on my person. Which has Cadbury's on the lid and sides which is printed. While at the same time Cadbury on the bottom. So I have in one object two different company names??? Cadbury's apparently never existed. Very weird. But exciting.
So check out the links. If you can copy the images and post them in this forum that would be great. Love to hear what you all have to say about this one. Especially if you are familair with this brand.
Links to the photo of my Cadbury's tin below.

imageshack.com...

imageshack.com...

By the way I should mention another change I have noticed. Tim Tam's chocolate biscuits. Very well known. Is now just Tim Tam biscuits????
edit on 24-11-2016 by TheInfiniteFantastic because: more info Tim Tim

edit on 24-11-2016 by TheInfiniteFantastic because: spelling

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TheInfiniteFantastic

Hi
I remember it always being Cadbury's Chocolate. I don't know if that's the same in all Countries around the globe or not but that's how i remember it being.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

The one that makes me go hmmm is the damm depend/depends diapers.

+19 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Founded in Birmingham England 1824.

This should answer your query.

2003 Name rebrand In 2003, Cadbury dropped the 's' from its name and renamed the brand to Cadbury. The company found that it was a much more suited, rounded name than the previous "Cadbury's". This change was announced on 19 December 2002.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyButterfly

Hi
I remember it always being Cadbury's Chocolate. I don't know if that's the same in all Countries around the globe or not but that's how i remember it being.

Hi. I'm glad to hear that we share that memory. There is a lot of residue on this one and I love the hybrid residue which found in adverts and on my tin. At least should get the doubters thinking about it more.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

What? No one went through a portal between alternative realities? There's a simple explanation to it all?

Tosh.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

2003 Name rebrand In 2003, Cadbury dropped the 's' from its name and renamed the brand to Cadbury. The company found that it was a much more suited, rounded name than the previous "Cadbury's". This change was announced on 19 December 2002.

en.wikipedia.org...

No offense but my tin is from the 1950's and the adverts are from the 1980's. A 2003 rebrand does not cut the cheese for me.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

How do you explain my 1950's tin with Cadbury chocolate and Cadbury's chocolate???
And as far as Wikipedia is concerned. Its not reliable anymore because the changes can be noticed there as well.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Both signs from the same period. Spot the difference ?

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: goou111

The one that makes me go hmmm is the damm depend/depends diapers.

I wish I could relate but I don't know this product. So many examples come from the US. C''mon Aussies start putting some more examples up.
Here is another goody.
UFC fighter Tyrone Woodley as I know name changed - Right at the time of the election - now it is Tyron Woodley. No E.
Also along this change Conor McGreggor lost a g and is now spelt like this McGregor with one G.
These changes happened right at the time of the electoral decision.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Awesome 0- nice job!

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Seems you win the internet today. Enjoy.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

A simple explanation could be that it is Cadbury's chocolate (belonging to Cadbury - though it is missing the apostrophe) and it is made by Cadbury. If you think of Cadbury as a person, it makes sense.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Both signs from the same period. Spot the difference ?

Of course the s's - great conflicting residue. Great find.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Is it a "Mandela effect" that the definition of "Mandela effect" seems to be changing?
Originally it was supposed to be about the difference between something which you remembered and what had "always" been the case in other people's memories, and the change "from one timeline to another" which this seemed to imply.

Now the phrase is being thrown out whenever somebody decides to do something differently.
When I was young, the advertising jingle for Milky Way prounced the maker''s name "Nestles" as an English word. Now the firm are apparently insisting on the acute accent at the end of the name, and the jingle has to be pronounced as "Nestlay Milky Bar".
Now that is a change, obviously, and according to the new definition every change that happens is a Mandela effect.

The trouble is that the new definition multiples the examples of "Mandela effect" at the expense of taking all the mystery out of the concept.
Change happens. We live in a world of change, as the ancient philosophers pointed out.
If every change is a Mandela effect, then we live in a world of Mandela effect, and the concept ceases to have any significance.

edit on 24-11-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Don't worry, it will be known as Kraft before too long.

Kraft Dairy Milk, Kraft Caramel, Kraft Flake etc..

I have boycotted the stuff since Kraft bought Cadbury out.
edit on 24/11/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

2003 Name rebrand In 2003, Cadbury dropped the 's' from its name and renamed the brand to Cadbury. The company found that it was a much more suited, rounded name than the previous "Cadbury's". This change was announced on 19 December 2002.[citation needed][opinion]

:
en.wikipedia.org...

In 2003, Cadbury dropped the 's' from its name and renamed the brand to Cadbury. The company found that it was a much more suited, rounded name than the previous "Cadbury's". This change was announced on 19 December 2002.[citation needed][opinion]

That section has, at the end of '2002': (citation needed) (presented as fact on April 2015). That means someone edited the page to add this section on rebranding, but Wikipedia is stating there is no source and is looking for a citation.

The Cadbury Wikipedia page has 500 pages of edits, mostly from 2016 and 2015. That is a LOT of edits. There seems to have been no source presented for the rebranding section.
edit on 24-11-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

Going back further in the revision history for rebranding, someone states 'this claim needs references to reliable sources'

2013 note

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Yeah...leave my chocolate alone

I play the Mandolin whilst munching on Mandorli

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

"Glass and a half in every block"

Look at the link; clearly show's "Cadbury Choc", also has a picture of a historic label showing "Cadbury's"

www.cadbury.com.au...
edit on 24-11-2016 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

2003 Name rebrand In 2003, Cadbury dropped the 's' from its name and renamed the brand to Cadbury. The company found that it was a much more suited, rounded name than the previous "Cadbury's". This change was announced on 19 December 2002.[citation needed][opinion]

:
en.wikipedia.org...

In 2003, Cadbury dropped the 's' from its name and renamed the brand to Cadbury. The company found that it was a much more suited, rounded name than the previous "Cadbury's". This change was announced on 19 December 2002.[citation needed][opinion]

That section has, at the end of '2002': (citation needed) (presented as fact on April 2015). That means someone edited the page to add this section on rebranding, but Wikipedia is stating there is no source and is looking for a citation.

The Cadbury Wikipedia page has 500 pages of edits, mostly from 2016 and 2015. That is a LOT of edits. There seems to have been no source presented for the rebranding section.

Going back further in the revision history for rebranding, someone states 'this claim needs references to reliable sources'

2013 note

Yes well researched. . Can't trust Wiki as it is being re written to accommodate the changes.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join