It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't understand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I don't understand any of this, and I am not talking about party line nonsense. People want to eliminate the protection the Constitution provides for all voices to be heard. When the Constitution was framed to allow minority groups (not only racial minorities) the ability to be heard. It was carefully written and rewritten to ensure the best form of government that they could provide. Free democratic governments have feared majority rule for well over a thousand years, and with good reason. Do you think issues like gay marriage or the civil rights movement would have gotten as far as they have under majority rule? The answer is no. The process is not perfect and can be downright ugly at times but it has allowed for changes to take place over the last 200 years. Our country is not the same place it was when it was founded because we reject majority rule and mob mentality. Our democracy is not a perfect system and corruption seeps in but we have the ability to fix that, and that is precious.

I saw a news report this morning about the elections in China, a reporter was attempting to interview a non communist candidate at her home. In front of her home was group of thugs dressed in black wearing medical masks carrying swords(I said sword and am not over exaggerating) and would not allow the reporter to the door. When they tried to speak through an open window the thugs put a board over the window to stop them from speaking. The thugs then drug the reporter and camera man away threatening them, and in the background for a split second you could see a man being beaten then hands on the camera. Sounds like a wonderful place. And guess what the current people in power want free trade with this country.

We used to stand for freedom and equality for all people, what happened to the country my grandfather's spoke of that gave up toys to save people on the other side of the world they would never meet or even know if they lived or died. I joined the Navy because I wanted to help, if for just a moment, make the world a better place. There are countries that publicly execute homosexuals, countries that jail and execute dissenters, countries that cut out your tongue or behead you for not sharing their beliefs, countries in which groups raid villages and force children to fight for them. Many of these places our government wants to have free trade with as well as other business deals. This is what breaks my heart, one of my grandfathers walked through Pacific jungles to help liberate people island by island, my other grandfather trudged up the korean peninsula to hold back oppression, and today we try to make these same types of governments money. If you think those profits will be spread to the people and life will end happily ever after, you are a delusional whack job.

Our is nation is far from perfect, but at least here I can share a table with Christians, Muslims, Atheists, black, brown, white and laugh while not having to fear any retribution, and that is just the beginning of what this country really is...
edit on 17-11-2016 by TexasSeabee because: People are too picky. I'm sorry I

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasSeabee

Paragraphs my friend.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

The problem isn't what the country is supposed to be, its the current trend, making the same mistakes other empires have before it. The problem isn't with Americans, Europeans, etc., people everywhere are the same. The growing problem is with who's running things at the top and what direction they are taking us all. That slippery slope leads to a hard bottom, for everyone.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Paragraphs my friend.

"Long paragraphs wear a reader down. Avoid writing more than five or six sentences in a paragraph before you break. The general rule is that a paragraph should break only when it has completely developed the topic sentence."

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I just wish I understood what you were complaining about. Is it you think if we did not have gay marriage there would be less wealth inequality? Or, somehow gay marriage has destroyed our Constitution?

What exactly has you the most upset?

If your poverty wages make your life suck then just say it. Don't take a round about way of admitting you are a wealth redistributing Democrat communist. Just come out of the closet and admit you want a pay raise.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

You seriously stopped there didn't you? I said those things would not have happened with a majority rule. Our Constitution protects from majority rule. You have missed the point in looking to start an argument!sent and I didn't discuss wealth inequality. You have no idea about my personal life so don't try to paint me in a box.

edit on 17-11-2016 by TexasSeabee because: The person I am replying to makes me angry

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=21540827]thesaneone[/post
Rants don't have paragraphs in my brain...

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

You can't understand it because it is not suppose to be rational. It is about them winning at all cost. If they fail with this tactic, they will come up with something else. They will keep us distracted and at each other's throats, because we are doing exactly what they groomed us to do.

They have corrupted our government and the rogues are well on their way to completely shredding our Constitution, while we help them every step of the way.

top topics

join