It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump’s Reaction To Nationwide Protests Defines Hypocrisy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Donald Trump’s Reaction To Nationwide Protests Defines Hypocrisy
Source: www.huffingtonpost.com...

President-elect Donald Trump, who took to Twitter Thursday to blast demonstrations against his victory as “very unfair,” had a different view of post-election distress four years earlier, when he called for a march on Washington “to stop this great and disgusting injustice.

It’s bad enough that the newly elected U.S. leader this week would take to Twitter to criticize opponents for exercising their First Amendment rights, blaming “professional protesters” incited by the media. Worse, though, is that in 2012, Trump tried to incite supporters of defeated Republican nominee Mitt Romney to take to the streets in protest of President Barack Obama’s re-election.

We can't let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided!

Lets fight like hell and stop this great and disgusting injustice! The world is laughing at us.

In other tweets related to the 2012 election, some of which have since been deleted from his account but can be seen here, Trump described the Electoral College as “phoney” [sic] and called for a “revolution.”

He lost the popular vote by a lot and won the election,” Trump said then of Obama. “We should have a revolution in this country!

So which version of our new President-Elect should we listen to. The old angry anti-establishment version or the new embedded establishment? Or does the wisdom in your heart tell you neither one?

+21 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Pathetic

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
Pathetic

Yes!! For once we agree, brother! Trump hypocrisy is totally pathetic!

+50 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

OMG!!!! Donald said words, run to the hills people the world is over because someone has an opinion on the stupidity of others.

Round and round we go.

link   

Hypocrisy? Or a change of heart? Or different circumstances? (I truly don't know his heart and mind... nor does anyone)

I would, however, like to see him step up to the plate like the president elect that he is and do what he can to calm the genuine fears and concerns among the protesters, and continue to call out the hired thugs for who and what they are so that all Hillary supporters are not tarred with that same broad brush.

Of course, I'd also like Hillary and Obama to do the same.

I won't be holding my breath.

+50 more 
link   

Gimme an example of mass Republican protests after a Democrat was elected.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

originally posted by: Nikola014
Pathetic

Yes!! For once we agree, brother! Trump hypocrisy is totally pathetic!

I'm pretty sure he was commenting on the op.

+11 more 
link   

Interesting? Will have to research this since I don't remember seeing Romney supporters rioting and violently protesting in the streets. Nor calls for electorates to change votes. Hmmm....though, truthfully, I was not as interested in that election, I may have missed all of the media hoopla.

+2 more 
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

OMG!!!! Donald said words

Yes indeed... very hypocritical words.

+32 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

So violent protest, destruction of property and hurting other human beings is freedom of speech?

Trump is the president elect he will be in the white house and is the job of the elected president right now Obama to stop the violent protest.

Peaceful protest is freedom of speech, violence is against the law.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

He says with hands filled with straws.

Another fine article from the bluffington post.

+39 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The liberals reaction to his election is literally hypocrisy.
edit on 12-11-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Or just maybe, he was referring to the violent anarchists incited by MoveOn.org funded by George Soros (paid professional protestors) who are not only burning, looting, and destroying property, but in some documented cases even fighting themselves when others try and stop them from destroying property.

Those violent, paid professional protestors who are setting fires and destroying property as well as attacking other protestors do not have their actions protected by the first amendment.

link   
Hillary is right on this. Trump should thank Comey for his job.

Remember the polls were going into double digits for Hillary until Comey did what he did.

Its no doubt in my mind that was by design

link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

Gimme an example of mass Republican protests after a Democrat was elected.

The vitriol of this last campaign is unprecedented. Give an example of another election that sparked such polarization.

+1 more 
link   
People who ONLY think Politically had BETTER get used to an administration who rapidly adapts OUTSIDE the political measures.

KIND of why we went for it?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Yah, unfair. The main stream news is inciting little riots. Compared to coverage of Occupy, when they ignored the huge protest or joked about it.

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I think the media outlets are crying because the new President Elect is not out there in front of the cameras screaming, foaming at the mouth and acting like a fool due to the protest.

Now that he is president, actually he is acting like a president, is not his job yet to make comments on the protest is the sitting president job to do that.

What Obama is doing to stop the violent protest?

No a darn thing.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Trump should not be given one minute of peace in office

He got the job by deception and help form a right-wing faction led by Comey

KARMA is a bitch

THAT’S WHY I BELIEVE THIS COUNTRY IS HEADED FOR DESTRUCTION

Trump has and will polarize America so much that nothing will work right anymore.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Where did Trump say somebody can't exercise their 1st Amendment rights?

His opinion is as good as anybody's right?

Now let's see what Obama does.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join