It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

---Hard To Watch---High School Girl Viciously Attacked For Supporting Donald Trump

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

In my eyes, yes. I'm not going to go into a biker bar and yell "biker's are a bunch of [Insert derogatory term here]" and not expect a reaction. We can also discuss the objective morality of that but that doesn't change the reality of these types of situations.

That being said, my previous post really isn't about that. It is about ATS members making up their minds without all the facts.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
I should be shocked, but in this day and age I'm not, that noone else stepped up to stop it. I guess that guy had a serious conversation going on over facebook or was on a timed Candy Crush level. What a damn shame.

You must not have watched till the end, the other black girl jumped on the white girl to protect her and told the black chick to stop it.
I would hope that no matter what, when someone attacks another for a political stance, even if its your best friend, you stop it.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

In my eyes, yes. I'm not going to go into a biker bar and yell "biker's are a bunch of [Insert derogatory term here]" and not expect a reaction. We can also discuss the objective morality of that but that doesn't change the reality of these types of situations.

That being said, my previous post really isn't about that. It is about ATS members making up their minds without all the facts.

My take was that the group was wired up because she supported Trump, that is the info spelled out in the story.

I think going to school and a biker bar is a huge difference. There are very few reasons I can think of for this sort of thing to happen. And the post on stupid FB isn't one of them.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Now I understand why the top 1℅ considers us useless eaters. We as a people reinforce it daily.

I am embarrassed by my county's Ignorance.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
My take was that the group was wired up because she supported Trump, that is the info spelled out in the story.

Yes, with all it's unknowns.

I think going to school and a biker bar is a huge difference.

I just entertained the tangent but that wasn't my point.

There are very few reasons I can think of for this sort of thing to happen. And the post on stupid FB isn't one of them.

School and posting something stupid on FB? Seems very likely to me.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Those unknowns make some difference. If nothing else it shows that people are willing to go off half-cocked, actually not being much better than the aggressor in that video.

They make no difference.
doesn't matter if she had a picture of blacks being hung with MAGA hashtag under it again..the second that garbage laid hands on her is the moment it went to 100% the attackers fault.

Now, in her sentencing, a judge may weigh the provocative content that made her go off and perhaps give a lighter sentence and some anger managment therapy, but thats about it.

that family should sue the family, and the girl who jumped in and protected the girl deserves a metal because even though she was perhaps part of the mob, she knew when it went from a bitchfest to totally in the wrong.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

They make no difference.
doesn't matter if she had a picture of blacks being hung with MAGA hashtag under it again..the second that garbage laid hands on her is the moment it went to 100% the attackers fault.

Now, in her sentencing, a judge may weigh the provocative content that made her go off and perhaps give a lighter sentence and some anger managment therapy, but thats about it.

that family should sue the family, and the girl who jumped in and protected the girl deserves a metal because even though she was perhaps part of the mob, she knew when it went from a bitchfest to totally in the wrong.

a reply to: SaturnFX

Agreed, Keep the hand to yourself.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

They make a difference in our discussion of what "actually" happened.
edit on 11-11-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I guess we don't see eye to eye on this. That's ok.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

That is because you seem to be equating asking about what actually happened to excusing the aggressor.

It seems like you can't separate the two things.

That is why I said that we can talk about action/reaction and we can talk about morality. Two ways of looking at and discussing this event.
edit on 11-11-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

That is because you seem to be equating asking about what actually happened to excusing the aggressor.

It seems like you can't separate the two things.

That is why I said that we can talk about action/reaction and we can talk about morality. Two ways of looking at and discussing this event.

No what I am saying is even if the person did say she didn't like, she has no right to get physical. This isn't my opinion, it's law.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

No what I am saying is even if the person did say she didn't like, she has no right to get physical. This isn't my opinion, it's law.

And that is the moral discussion. Everyone agrees to that so, like in MagicCow's posts, it's a given and that is not being questioned.

The action/reaction side of the discussion is "she should have known better". Some people can't seem to move past the moral issue to discuss the real world implications of actions and reactions.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I think the point is, is that we don't know what she wrote, other than the fact that her and her mom said that she wrote she was pro Trump.
I fail to see the problem.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I fail to see the problem.

In the action/reaction discussion, what she wrote makes her responsible, in part, for what happened. Can't have that discussion without those facts.

That doesn't take away from the validity of the moral discussion but that wasn't what those of us that asked "what really happened" where discussing anyway.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I think the point is, is that we don't know what she wrote, other than the fact that her and her mom said that she wrote she was pro Trump.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

That is what I have been saying.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

That is what I have been saying.

Maybe daskakik sees something that neither one of us see.

I read the story and it mentions what was written, and we saw the assault, I don't see the big yank.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Oh hypocrite liberals, you who spend your entire lives preaching "tolerance," are the most INTOLERANT human beings on the face of the planet. I cannot hear your words over the blaring sound of your ACTIONS.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Maybe daskakik sees something that neither one of us see.

The possibility of discussing the topic without being stuck looking at it only from the moral/philosophical/legal POV.

You automatically went to "violence is wrong". One thing I have noticed, and it is from both sides, is that baiting has and is being used. Even if we agree that "violence is wrong", is baiting wrong? Before that discussion even starts, we need to know what actually happened.

I read the story and it mentions what was written, and we saw the assault, I don't see the big yank.

Discussing it from a different point of view means changing how you are going to discuss something. What is being discussed remains the same.

You are looking at what is there without questioning what isn't or why it wasn't made available.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

They make a difference in our discussion of what "actually" happened.

I guess your line of reasoning will get you out of jury duty. well done

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join