It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay --- so WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Nonsense. I have assurances, on tape, and many of them, that it's going to be huge and great and lots of other adjectives.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

That's a good list of things we could start with. Infrastructure is a very good starting point, but that also brings up another issue.

How will we pay for it?

If the Republicans and Trump follow through on their promises to lower taxes, where will the funds come from? Where will the funds come from to build the wall?

I don't think they thought this one through very well.

I guess the private sector? I don't know. I'm honestly asking.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Nonsense. I have assurances, on tape, and many of them, that it's going to be huge and great and lots of other adjectives.

If they follow through on what they promised in their campaigns, the only thing that will be huge is the increase in our national debt.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

well thats what we get to work out. There are alrady several members of congress who have served more than four terms, so they would be void from a new election.

I say any combination of four terms for the House and Senate reps. We let mayors and state legislatures decide their own. at the Federal level, any combination of four consecutive/non-consecutive terms TOTAL over the course of their career.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
**Shakes head**
NOW all of a sudden people are talking about "burning it down", criminal federal govt, etc. But when I said that and happened to be a Trump voter... well golly gosh damn that was terrible, subversive, probably a dirty anarchist, and I should be reported because I was making threats.

Some of us have VERY good and VERY long memories. Some might call that holding a grudge, others might say thats preparing to serve crow at hypocrisy's dinner table.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Oh Lort help me.

Obama has been pushing rebuilding roads and bridges for 8 years. Give me a break. He was just funneling money to his union supporters. Fix the roads/bridges just like we always have.

We need to move on to MAJOR changes.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
**Shakes head**
NOW all of a sudden people are talking about "burning it down", criminal federal govt, etc. But when I said that and happened to be a Trump voter... well golly gosh damn that was terrible, subversive, probably a dirty anarchist, and I should be reported because I was making threats.

Some of us have VERY good and VERY long memories. Some might call that holding a grudge, others might say thats preparing to serve crow at hypocrisy's dinner table.

What are you talking about?

What are the next steps please. No one here has suggested blowing up D.C. that I saw. This is sincerely about what to do now for real. What now.

link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Oh Lort help me.

Obama has been pushing rebuilding roads and bridges for 8 years. Give me a break. He was just funneling money to his union supporters. Fix the roads/bridges just like we always have.

We need to move on to MAJOR changes.

SUCH AS.............................

link   

Hey heffer heffer bacon boy,

I say we push harder for Joe everyman or jane everywoman being able to hold office. A PERSON of the people, not the head with the biggest pocketbook. We should do as we began, elect the best man/woman for the job AMONG OURSELVES... we the people. I mean I have some coin, but Im not jingling like the Clintons or Bushes.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

**Shakes head**

What are you talking about?

What are the next steps please. No one here has suggested blowing up D.C. that I saw. This is sincerely about what to do now for real. What now.

WHat am I talking about?
Exactly what I said...

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
What will be your own personal next step?
I'm busy looking forward.
We didn't burn down our country. There is no gunfire or bombing. None of our polling places were attacked by terrorists. We successfully ... YES SUCCESSFULLY - made it through the absolutely most horrible election cycle of our time.

Surgery is done. We survived it. SO FAR.

Now what?
What are the aftercare recommendations?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I say we push harder for Joe everyman or jane everywoman being able to hold office. A PERSON of the people, not the head with the biggest pocketbook. We should do as we began, elect the best man/woman for the job AMONG OURSELVES... we the people. I mean I have some coin, but Im not jingling like the Clintons or Bushes.

We did that.

Now what. Today.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

What will be your own personal next step?
I'm busy looking forward.
We didn't burn down our country. There is no gunfire or bombing. None of our polling places were attacked by terrorists. We successfully ... YES SUCCESSFULLY - made it through the absolutely most horrible election cycle of our time.

Surgery is done. We survived it. SO FAR.

Now what?
What are the aftercare recommendations?

Peel all BS labels off of ourselves.. quickly or slowly. Until then nothing will move as easily or as swiftly as needed. Theyre not needed, self limiting, and divisive.

link   

originally posted by: introvert

That's a good list of things we could start with. Infrastructure is a very good starting point, but that also brings up another issue.

How will we pay for it?

If the Republicans and Trump follow through on their promises to lower taxes, where will the funds come from? Where will the funds come from to build the wall?

I don't think they thought this one through very well.

I guess the private sector? I don't know. I'm honestly asking.

No matter what, the funds will come from state and federal coffers. You have to generate tax revenue to fill those coffers. Not sure how we can address many of those issues if we lower taxes and do not cut the fat in other areas.

The war and military for example. The war is pointless and we spend ungodly amounts of money on our military. But the Republicans and Trump want to invest more in that area.

Where do we make the cuts to offset the loss in tax revenue, without increasing debt?
edit on 9-11-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

link   

We did that.

Now what. Today.

No.. we did NOT do that.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

introvert America rejected everything you believe in and expose last night... DEAL WITH IT

I'm not interested in your personal attacks. Can you address what I posted or are you going to act like a pompous ass?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Right...but there's still all that other crap.

None of that other crap matters as long as you got corrupted politicians making the decisions and solutions based on conflict of interest.

Like I said if we don't work on solely corruption first we will continue to chase our tails.
Those other issues are just symptoms of corruption.

Correct. And so now we've addressed that. The ship has sailed. Next one is in a couple of years. NOW WHAT.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
dp

edit on 11/9/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

We did that.

Now what. Today.

No.. we did NOT do that.

Yes, we did. We did it legally, using the tools we had. Is it YOU who is talking about violent overthrow now? It is what it is, friend. I know it's hard to wrap the noggin around....I had to grapple with the shock too.

So. What are the next legal and appropriate NON-VIOLENT steps?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join