It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay --- so WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Infrastructure is a good start. Going over our trade deals, holding other countries to those deals. Too many of our trade deals just plain suck and on top of that we've let them break the deals and have not held them accountable. Reducing the number of work visas for corporations that are intentionally abusing it. If there is a valid need for visas, then fine. If not, HIRE AMERICANS THAT WANT THOSE JOBS. ACA needs to go. It's an insurance scam. Make the insurance companies compete. That will lower insurance premiums. Student debt is an obvious problem. Nothing in life is free but the cost of education is out of control. Just off the top of my head. Plenty more to work on but it will take time.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

The GOP is not going to suddenly hoist Trump onto their shoulders and carry him around the nation like the Olympic torch. There is going to be MUCH gnashing of teeth, gritching, sabotage, retribution, fear, loathing, and HORROR on the faces of everyone.....

But at least the meteor has struck and we are still intact. So far.

Except for the ultra-conservative justices he's promised to put on the Supreme Court. That's the one thing they will let him do.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

How about government doing less and people doing more.

Just stay out of our way.

Let us live our lives. Let us marry whom we want, go to the ####ing toilet where we want when we need to, take less of our money, and stop telling us what to do and how to live.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
First we have cut out the cancer. Trump may have won an election, but did you notice? Last I checked the vote spread in Washington DC was 95 % Hillary and 4 % Trump.

How welcome will that inaugural be?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

I wasn't "pointing fingers" at anyone, I was agreeing that we need to weed out the corruption in our system.

Jobs/Infrastructure/border security would be good firsts. Get the country working, money flowing and give people a reason to get up in the morning. Get Americans working again, not who will work for the lowest wage. Get jobs going for inner city workers. Give people real Hope and Change, not just a slogan.

Thank you. Agreed.

Your avy made me cringe, and I expected an onslaught of abuse about how Trump won neener neener neener booya.
Thanks for not living up to my expectation.

Infrastructure would put people to work. But it should be our existing ROADS and BRIDGES and AIRPORTS first...not the stupid "wall."

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

How about government doing less and people doing more.

Just stay out of our way.

Let us live our lives. Let us marry whom we want, go to the ####ing toilet where we want when we need to, take less of our money, and stop telling us what to do and how to live.

That's a long-term wish of yours.
Got it. We all know that.

WHAT NOW. Right now. First thing. Stop bitching and sticking your tongue out at me.

What Next.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
right. So -- do we beef up Secret Service? Focus on the Kremlin hacking charges?

We keep Trump alive and safe, or let the ruffians at him? We don't want a repeat of JFK. That would be too idiotic for reality.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Hefficide

It may be an extreme example, but Illinois is the perfect example of corruption in politics. 4 out of the last 7 Governors went to prison for corruption charges and it is wide spread in this state. From the local level on to the top, money and influence is the driving factor.
What is the next step?

This thread is about

NEXT!

Not compare and contrast....not ruminate and point fingers...not stick our tongues out at each other. You got your way. NOW WHAT?

NEXT?

We put our faith in President Trump, LOL (I can't say that with a straight face), and his administration!

Hate won! (shaking my head, like my ancestors have done for aeons)

He's gonna "drain the swamp"! ....and restock it with his own swamp creatures, like Rudy Giuliani and Chris Christie, and other anti establishment hacks!

But hey, In God We Trust, right? (wink)

We can all have turkey for Thanksgiving, right? As is our rights as Americans!

AMERICA! F##k Yeah!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
REMEMBER EVERYONE:

OBAMA is still the President. He didn't get beamed up to the Mother Ship. Hillary is still Hillary, and she's winning the popular vote. Trump is not dead yet. The meteor struck, and we all survived.

NOW we have to clean up the mess.

That's the question of this thread. What NOW? Today?
This is my action today - making this thread and asking for others to think about what now....what do you think should happen NOW. Between now and January whatever.

TWO MONTHS to get ready......TWO MONTHS to still burn this crap to the ground....NOTHING has changed today except that now a new "figurehead" is scheduled to appear in next season's debut episode..

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I am ok with term limits for congress at 4 terms. Some citizens just really like their reps and how they rep. We should be allowed to keep on voting for them. 4 terms may be 16 years, but it still is not unlimited. Figure minds change and opinions fluctuate in a generation right?? So at least give them that chance. 4 total though. Does not reset if not consecutive. Just 4 total terms and then move on with life.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Economic Revival Plan

massively increase jobs and opportunities for the people of this country:
    no growth + redistribution of wealth _does_not_ work
    National goal of reaching %4 economic growth
    25 million new jobs over 10 years with only 3.5% growth
    Deficit neutral plan by complete overhaul of tax, regulatory, energy, and trade policies
    15% business tax rate, down from the current 35% business tax rate
    US Based manufacturers to fully expense the cost of new plants and factories
    Wealth hidden from IRS overseas can be brought back at 10% tax instead of 35%
    A moratorium on new federal regulations on business, while he eliminates all legalist and job killin regulations on the books
    streamline the permitting process for energy production
    Renegotiate NAFTA, out of TPP unless improved, Tarrifs on countries that devalue their currency
    Bring suit against China for intellectual property theft, as a violation of their WTO membership

I lost track of the number of time he used the word "Trillion."

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

LOL!!!

Yep. Dwayne Alejandro Rutabaga Marlboro Camacho.....

needs to appoint a good minister of the interior and fix the commony. For sure. Toilet water it is.....

anyway ---- in all seriousness....
what next?

(post by BuzzyWigs removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

This actually becomes deeply complex... Four consecutive terms or four terms total? This is relevant because of the habitual back and forth that career politicians do between terms in office and lobbying / consultant gigs. A four term limit could ( and likely would ) end up working out as one term, a few years at Chase... another term and then a few years as Goldman Sachs... another term and a few years at Exxon...

Also - four terms total in Washington? Or four terms each for Senate and the House?

Leave a crack and roaches will find it.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

well of course we start building the great wall of america

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

well of course we start building the great wall of america

We can't get to the border until we fix the roads and bridges, though.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Electoral college: low priority. It would require a Constitutional Amendment and the only ones who ever complain are those who lose because of it (both sides).

Lobbying: same as above. It falls under free speech.

Pay-to-play: Trump needs to do what he said. Instruct the new AG to aggressively root it out and prosecute abusers, on both sides.

Tax Codes: We need to simplify taxes, and let business make a profit kegally without hiring lawyers.

Health care: first step: abolish the ACA. Start over from scratch.

PACs: see Lobbying.

Revolving door: rooting out and prosecuting corruption fixes this.

ACA: see health care.

Immigration: close the borders SHUT TIGHT to illegals. Deport all illegal criminals. Then streamline the legal process. Finally try to figure out what to do with the rest already here. In that order, no exceptions.

Homelessness: fix the economy. We need good jobs.

Debt: fix the economy to increase the tax base, and streamline government. 50% of government at least is superfluous.

War: mind our own business.

Border control: see illegal immigration

Infrastructure: fix it.

Public education: listen to Bernie. He's a kook, but on this he's got the right idea.

Media blight: fixed. Trump just embarrassed the lot of 'em in front of God and everybody. It'll stay fixed if they become subject to slander laws.

Climate change: not an issue.

Energy spending: stop worrying about non-issues.

None of this is hard. It's just not what DC wanted to do.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

right. So -- do we beef up Secret Service? Focus on the Kremlin hacking charges?

We keep Trump alive and safe, or let the ruffians at him? We don't want a repeat of JFK. That would be too idiotic for reality.

The Russian hack thing was as much a joke as Hillary was ahead in the media polls. They don't assassinate politicians with guns anymore.

Think bout it, Obama was going to close Gitmo and end the war in Afghanistan...

New psyop: Let the people think they 'won' and place whomever they want in the Oval office... then just ignore him and carry on as usual.

After all, the ring side announcer doesn't write the script for the circus.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

That's a good list of things we could start with. Infrastructure is a very good starting point, but that also brings up another issue.

How will we pay for it?

If the Republicans and Trump follow through on their promises to lower taxes, where will the funds come from? Where will the funds come from to build the wall?

I don't think they thought this one through very well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join