It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay --- so WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

There are two ways to reduce debt: decrease spending or increase income. Do not ignore the latter; we need both after seeing the debt skyrocket for the past eight years.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
What will be your own personal next step?
I'm busy looking forward.
We didn't burn down our country. There is no gunfire or bombing. None of our polling places were attacked by terrorists. We successfully ... YES SUCCESSFULLY - made it through the absolutely most horrible election cycle of our time.

Surgery is done. We survived it. SO FAR.

Now what?
What are the aftercare recommendations?

Peel all BS labels off of ourselves.. quickly or slowly. Until then nothing will move as easily or as swiftly as needed. Theyre not needed, self limiting, and divisive.

Good, okay -- go with that. What "labels"? That's a workable starting point, for sure.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

a reply to: Hefficide

Hey heffer heffer bacon boy,

I say we push harder for Joe everyman or jane everywoman being able to hold office. A PERSON of the people, not the head with the biggest pocketbook. We should do as we began, elect the best man/woman for the job AMONG OURSELVES... we the people. I mean I have some coin, but Im not jingling like the Clintons or Bushes.

We did that.

Now what. Today.

No.. we did NOT do that.

Yes, we did. We did it legally, using the tools we had. Is it YOU who is talking about violent overthrow now? It is what it is, friend. I know it's hard to wrap the noggin around....I had to grapple with the shock too.

So. What are the next legal and appropriate NON-VIOLENT steps?

Youre going to have to think a little more and make your usual assumptions a little less. Why is it so hard for you and your kind to wrap your head around concepts that are doable? To realize a starting and ending point doesnt mean a 4 year span? Since you cant conceive of it, it MUST be violent?? Pretty pathetic of you.
No. We did not elect a man of the poeple. We elected a rogue status quo bucker who was born rich. Now, a man of the people is a certain term... meaning a man amongst his brethren. Are YOU hobknobbing with People on the Trump stratus? No, I doubt it. A person among us IE We the People... as I just stated.

In any case, from your latest asinine response.. I guess you CANT speak about viable points to move forward on. There are more open threads to actual thought to participate in. Carry on.

link   

dude you and your friends have been the biggest assholes about trump saying it's impossible he could win, then the American people showed you how much of a minority your views are and just how poisonous they are, I hope you come to reality eventually and change your mind.. it's funny because after all the asshole # that came from your side on this site, now you guys want to act humble, classic

link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

There are two ways to reduce debt: decrease spending or increase income. Do not ignore the latter; we need both after seeing the debt skyrocket for the past eight years.

TheRedneck

Given Trumps proposed 20 trillion (over 10 years) in spending increases, we'll need to look a lot at increasing income. I hope we get some real economics though rather than the idea that we can tax cut our way into higher revenues.

link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
Coffee , lots of coffee .

LOL!! Right?

I've already started on other refreshments.....kind of like yesterday, had a little bunker-hunker holiday after we voted. Groceries on hand.....like the Super Bowl.

The melodrama is unprecedented. It's horrific in a way.....

(post by Advantage removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

dude you and your friends have been the biggest assholes about trump saying it's impossible he could win, then the American people showed you how much of a minority your views are and just how poisonous they are, I hope you come to reality eventually and change your mind.. it's funny because after all the asshole # that came from your side on this site, now you guys want to act humble, classic

Nah, they want to say theyre humble and want to work together and maintain the assholishness.. its no use working with them at all.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

TheRedneck

Given Trumps proposed 20 trillion (over 10 years) in spending increases, we'll need to look a lot at increasing income. I hope we get some real economics though rather than the idea that we can tax cut our way into higher revenues.

News this morning indicated that there were LOTS of "increases" in the minimum wage passed at the state level. That's a fantastic thing.

Marijuana laws also loosened up. Another

Kansas passed a bill to allow public hunting, fishing and trapping as a conservation and wildlife control measure. That's very cool.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Nah, they want to say theyre humble and want to work together and maintain the assholishness.. its no use working with them at all.
you are being very negative. Give it some time to soak in.....I was where you are about 5 hours ago.

We have to move forward.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

buzzy is not a fool at all, shes a very caring woman and a great contributor I firmly believe that she's open minded and that her views on Trump and perhaps even conservatives could change given time and proof that they actually work. Please do not call her that, or we will have a problem

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

TheRedneck

I completely agree. The election that occurred yesterday does not bring people to Washington that will do that.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The topic is:

What do we do next. Beginning today.

I vote for dialogue. To wit: here we are.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Correct. And so now we've addressed that. The ship has sailed. Next one is in a couple of years. NOW WHAT.

Well once you get rid of the corruption we will get fed the truth so we can make intelligent hard decisions and solutions. Maybe even some of the problems might not be what we think they were or warrant being tackled up front.

For example: Illegal Immigration.

1. Illegal Immigration is easy to stop . You prosecute American Business that hire illegals to a point its not cost beneficial for them to hire them any longer. If illegals have no incentives to come than the majority will stop coming., Hence we don't have a problem with our Canadian Bacon friends.

2. However, there is a consequence to that. If we stop Illegal immigration over night our economy will tank. Illegal immigration is tied with agricultural, hospitality,manufacturing and construction industries. Stopping illegals will crush those industries and taking our economy along for the ride.

So the next step after minimizing conflict of interest is getting valid data , identifying REAL problems , and based on that data addressing the REAL problems with REAL solutions versus never letting a good crises go to waste.

edit on 211130America/ChicagoWed, 09 Nov 2016 10:21:23 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

What will be your own personal next step?
I'm busy looking forward.
We didn't burn down our country. There is no gunfire or bombing. None of our polling places were attacked by terrorists. We successfully ... YES SUCCESSFULLY - made it through the absolutely most horrible election cycle of our time.

Surgery is done. We survived it. SO FAR.

Now what?
What are the aftercare recommendations?

Peel all BS labels off of ourselves.. quickly or slowly. Until then nothing will move as easily or as swiftly as needed. Theyre not needed, self limiting, and divisive.

Good, okay -- go with that. What "labels"? That's a workable starting point, for sure.

Youre a fools fool, Buzzy. You cant even attempt to see anything past your nose.

You can't name the labels? I have plenty of labels in mind, I know what they are. Which of those "LABELS" do you want to start with?
How am I a fool that I can't read your mind to know which "labels" are most offensive to you?

Here's one that I'd like to get rid of:

"Commie"

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Well once you get rid of the corruption

We haven't done that yet....so. How do we do that beginning today? Now?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
If your are Ryan then you start the butt kissing of Trump. Guess he didn't think this would be the election result.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

dude you and your friends have been the biggest assholes about trump saying it's impossible he could win

Many on the Right, including Trump supporters, thought Clinton would easily win this. So I guess there's a bunch of assholes around here.

the American people showed you how much of a minority your views are and just how poisonous they are

No one represented my views in yesterday's election. That's why I did not vote for either one. Also, it's tough to say the "American people" had a clear consensus when as of now Trump is losing the majority vote.

it's funny because after all the asshole # that came from your side on this site, now you guys want to act humble, classic

I'm not being humble. I've spoken my mind. Yesterday's election was an exercise is stupidity.

For you to blast me in a post and say that my views were rejected yesterday, when this election had nothing to do with my personal views, is equally as stupid.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
If your are Ryan then you start the butt kissing of Trump. Guess he didn't think this would be the election result.

If you are YOU, though? What now?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Even many Trump supporters didn't think this would be the result.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join