It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay --- so WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS?

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

There's something I can agree on. However, every one of those points, had they been followed, would have kept a man like Trump from reaching the WH.

Apathy.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
To be honest, this guy scares me more than Trump.

Many of his suggestions people should do regardless of who is President. His focus on Trump as the center of the problems we should be concerned with, in relationship to our rogue and corrupt government, tells me that he has an agenda that he is trying to deflect us from.

Every time some is screaming for you to look in one direction, the first thing you should do, is to look in every other direction first.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Every time some is screaming for you to look in one direction, the first thing you should do, is to look in every other direction first.

The guy basically said water is wet and the sky is blue. He's hardly worth the trouble of working a CT around.

Many of his suggestions people should do regardless of who is President.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I'm watching this now:

Published on Sep 30, 2016
On September 29th, Arizona Public Media and the Community Foundation for Southern Arizona hosted our third *Community Interactive* public forum at the Fox Theatre. “Stories from the Border,” moderated by NPR’s Maria Hinojosa, featured four journalists discussing the history and interdependence of the border region as well as cultural and economic opportunities available to Arizona.

Category
News & Politics

From PBS and NPR in collaboration. Listener Advisory: Big Words and Complicated Topics, Civil Discourse and Researched Actual Journalism.

Oh, and yea - the DAPL was denied. Yay. AND YES I KNOW THEY ARE TWO SEPARATE BORDERS and TWO SEPARATE ISSUES.

The people involved, however, were HERE FIRST. The Native Americans, both North and South....they were here first.
I care that they are treated right. You should, too.

edit on 12/5/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

That's precisely my dilemma....I have a weird name that was originally Koskinen

Koskinen was probably already shortened. Most likely it would have been "somethingpluskoskinen". If you can figure out what the "somethingplus" was, it might be valuable in your genealogical research.

"Koskinen" alone is something like river/rapids, something to that effect. So normally in Finn, old school anyway, the specific river/brook/rapids would have been part of the name, the "somethingplus'. Sometimes people from the same family would shorten the name differently, so someone might find that in their case, Koskinen was shortened from VantaaKoskinen, with their immediate ancestor shortening the original to "Koskinen" and another branch, maybe a cousin for example shortening the original to Vantaa.

The result being, if you can find the actual original, in the example above "VantaaKoskinen" then you'll probably also find that you're more likely to be related to people named "Vantaa" than people currently named "Koskinen".

P.S. Go ahead and ask the mods to delete this after you've read it, it is wildly off topic.

edit on 5-12-2016 by imwilliam because: added P.S.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Sometimes There Are More Important Goals Than Civility

If calling out racism is largely counterproductive, using a systemic definition like white supremacy is also unacceptable, and stigmatizing or shaming those who espouse racist beliefs is self-defeating, what tools remain?

The only form of productive debate that people of color can engage in, it seems, is the gentle persuasion of white people who may or may not hold retrograde views.

That advice is of course probably most appealing to white Americans, for whom the social cost of being called racist may loom larger than the effects of racism itself, or for whom the ideal of a functioning marketplace of civil ideas is more important than the worry that they might be carved out of it.

White Americans share a vested interest in not being called racist,
straight people in not being called homophobic, and
men in not being called misogynistic.

Arguments in favor of civility cede valuable rhetorical ground by default and coddle people who may well know the score about their own views.

Skepticism should be a default position here;

instead, the bigoted views of individuals are privileged as artifacts of ignorance,

and thus not considered as purposeful efforts to sabotage debate.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam

lol!! No, I'm not going to report the post!! ? All of this entire thread is...... "WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS"?.....
I'm just keeping track of what's happening. Inviting others to document their own thoughts. One day, if we survive the ELE threat, maybe someone will figure out how to access the data on compact discs and get fragments of history.

Meanwhile, we ALL need to buckle down. We need to learn about our own heritage, the culture and heritage of others, the reasons for the existence of cultural records and artifacts....the recognition that we all have a shared ancestry stretching back before the dawn of recorded time....

this is exactly what should be A NEXT STEP.

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

5. Revolving door between gov't and private sector

Yeah. That one is proving to be a prob.

A Goldman Sachs guy is going to be Sec of the Treasury.
Mnuchin or something like that?

Trump Treasury pick made millions after his bank foreclosed on homeowners

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
To be honest, this guy scares me more than Trump.

Many of his suggestions people should do regardless of who is President.

So just replace "Trump" with "The President Elect". It is still valid and critical advice.

His focus on Trump as the center of the problems

He is just entering the most pertinent current leader's name. It is nothing but a place holder. ALL OF THOSE THINGS should ALWAYS concern us.......

, in relationship to our rogue and corrupt government, tells me that he has an agenda that he is trying to deflect us from.

And how did you characterize Obama's government? How was it any more or less worthy of following those guidelines?

DO YOU KNOW why the Founding Fathers wanted only educated people to vote?

The boy who cried wolf is a fun fable. But we are talking about actual intelligent journalism, in-depth analysis, verification at the level of the Pulitzer Prize (as though you would find that an honor of distinction).....

but no - too many on here scoff and mock and automatically throw out anything that smacks of "higher education."

And likewise, others scoff and mock and automatically dismiss everyone on Fox News, Infowars, Beck or Limbaugh and Breitbart and WND and CSM and all of those other sensationalist click-bait rags..... as absolute nonsense.

To you and me, that is obvious.

Unfortunately, it is not obvious to everyone.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
One of Texas's Electors is defecting from the GOP:

The election of the next president is not yet a done deal.

Electors of conscience can still do the right thing for the good of the country.

Presidential electors have the legal right and a constitutional duty to vote their conscience.

I believe electors should unify behind a Republican alternative, an honorable and qualified man or woman such as Gov. John Kasich of Ohio. I pray my fellow electors will do their job and join with me in discovering who that person should be.

And another who is jumping ship.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

5. Revolving door between gov't and private sector

Yeah. That one is proving to be a prob.

A Goldman Sachs guy is going to be Sec of the Treasury.
Mnuchin or something like that?

Trump Treasury pick made millions after his bank foreclosed on homeowners

Like I have said in the past the Worst trump could be is he becomes a Hillary a corporate lobbying wh0re. Bush and Obama did the same things right from the start and HIllary without a doubt would have done the same.

However, I believe (I could be wrong) Trump atleast included a clause that prevents his team members to go back into the private sector until 5 years have passed. Not perfect but better than nothing or what Obama or Bush did or what Hillary would have done..
edit on 571231America/ChicagoTue, 06 Dec 2016 19:57:16 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

As far as I can tell, he is saying that no one who was in government can go into lobbying until SEVEN YEARS have passed since their last government gig.

Seven years. Do you get the significance of that?

It's the general statute of limitations....but that is probably just a coincidence.

Besides that, no. He can do MUCH MORE DAMAGE than Obama ever dreamed of, and Hillary is in another country altogether in terms of Trump's antagonistic "Burn it!" philosophy. I know millions of people are all pumped up about this ---- like watching a Gladiator's game, or Super Bowl....

it's just sad that they think WHITE HOUSE and NASCAR are equivalent. NASCAR drivers: Left turns forever, with their left-hand side arm and torso all built up and hard, and the right-hand side torso and arm are less so...
The "Trump Administration" will be just as silly - but doing RIGHT TURNS in circles.

edit on 12/8/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

As for "what Hillary would have done" --- that is really flimsy platform on which to display Trump's antics.

You don't know what she would have done. No one will ever know! It is beyond that. That bridge has burned, right after the ship sailed. It's done.

The next chapter of her life starts now. Clean slate.
And you have NO IDEA what she would have done. Nor do you seem to appreciate the good job that Obama did. So - pay attention to the next couple of years. Watch what he attempts, whether Trump succeeds or not, and watch what Hillary does ---- because it is not remotely possible that she has been "deleted" as a game character. She will be with us just as much as any former president or senior politician.

They are the "Royals" of the United States. I've already established this thinking in another thread. We are now a monarchy for all practical purposes....still wet behind the ears, but alive.

edit on 12/8/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

You don't know what she would have done. No one will ever know!

Based on her past experience of being a corporate shill, she would have done what what the special interest would have paid her todo and been involved in another F up and scandal.

Hillary is done, thank God. She was the only thing worse than Trump.

Obama , broke his promises like trump did from the start. While I'm no trump fan or believe in him at least trump put a clause to prevent revolving door habits .

Under Obama, hate and intolerance among race, sexes, and sexual preference , because his PC encouragement of the MSM race and sex baiting tactics.

Trump is a wild card and too early to see what will happen. Although I have no realistic expectations of him doing good or being different , I do see a .001% chance of positive change unlike with Obama,Clinton,Bush,Romney,McCain or any other establishment goon.

He got the Job ,lets wait for him to officially start it to see how bad or how good he will do since he doesn't fit into the establishment mold.

edit on 381231America/ChicagoFri, 09 Dec 2016 07:38:03 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Somewhere in this thread we talked about an infrastructure bill. I mentioned that, while it sounds like an easy idea we can all agree on, it could also mean something else to the GOP. Sure enough, Paul Ryan's Republicans stripped out the Buy American provision...

Democratic Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown had this to say

“By stripping meaningful Buy America rules from the water infrastructure bill, Washington leadership is choosing China and Russia over Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. This was the first major test of whether Washington establishment Republicans would live up to President-elect Trump’s promises to put American products and American workers first – they failed, and American iron and steel workers will pay the price.”

Make America Great Again? No, Make America Stand In Line Behind Russia and China.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: desert

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Good Morning! It's another mourning in America! We're still so screwed!

Hey, here's something else in store for us.... Double, double, toil and trouble.... let the witch hunts begin!!

Alarm Over 'Witch Hunt' After Trump Demands List of Civil Servants Who Worked on Climate Policy Under Obama

The 27th question in the document states, “Can you provide a list of all Department of Energy employees or contractors who have attended any Interagency Working Group on the Social Cost of Carbon meetings? Can you provide a list of when those meetings were and any materials distributed at those meetings, EPSA emails associated with those meetings, or materials created by Department employees or contractors in anticipation of or as a result of those meetings?”

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: desert

I wasn't aware President-Elects signed bills into law. I thought only sitting Presidents did that.

I learn something new every day.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

My post had nothing to do with a Pres-elect signing anything. It was in response to prior discussion re what could be done in Congress with the next administration. Infrastructure was brought up as something that sounded easy to pass. But, as I noted then, it really was not going to be something that could be easily agreed upon, for the very reason that is now quite obvious with the current Water Resources Development Act of 2016 being gutted of Buy American.

ETA Ok, I see where there could be some confusion, because Brown's quote included "President-elect". No, it was not that Trump would sign a bill NOW but what Congress would have President Trump sign in the future. Again, something that seems simple as infrastructure is no longer simple in this day and age. The quote was about the failings of Republicans in Congress "[to] live up to President-elect Trump’s promises to put American products and American workers first". It was NOT about Pres-elect Trump signing any bill.

edit on 13-12-2016 by desert because: wrong response first time

edit on 13-12-2016 by desert because: ETA

edit on 13-12-2016 by desert because: sp

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

While I'm no trump fan or believe in him at least trump put a clause to prevent revolving door habits .

Except that first he's going to skim off the most rancid and worst of the most horrible CEO billionaires and war-mongers and put them on his "team". Then let them wreak havoc on every single bit of protection that we consumers had, or that the environment had.

Obama was met with stonewalling and obstructionism. Despite that, he managed to get our economy going again, and I am proud to have been a supporter of his all along.

How bypassing Hillary and putting the CORPORATIONS in charge instead is supposed to help or make anyone feel secure is some really wishful thinking.

Up Next: Just do away with "government" and rules and consumer protections and safety nets altogether, and let the CEOs with the most money decide how to run this country!

Yay!!

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join