It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay --- so WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS?

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThereforeTheMeh

What's that smell... smells like... smells like... stagnation.

More like 70 years of life experience, and still a progressive. Yay!

I'm sure I used my persimmon soap in the shower this morning.

Bored. Time to shut the door.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
More like 70 years of life experience, and still a progressive. Yay!

History is full of people who built their lives around being the minority beneficiaries of large poor centralized uneducated populations.

Yay!

I'm sure I used my persimmon soap in the shower this morning.

Let us never speak of this again.

Bored. Time to shut the door.

Sounds a lot like something Trump would say.
edit on 24-11-2016 by ThereforeTheMeh because: Simpler.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I still feel like the whole country is being held down by a lead weight of stagnation though.

We can agree on that.

What we apparently don't agree on is how to lift the weight.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Pretty sure you know who/what I'm talking about and meant.

No, Annee, I don't. That's twice you have mentioned "home sweet home" in a derogatory manner. And it's a fact that Trump has done absolutely nothing yet, nor can he.

If it is so obvious to you that I am misunderstanding your words, why not try to clarify? It is completely possible that someone misunderstands your intention.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
I am distracting myself from the abject gravity of this situation with watching "The Crown" on Netflix.

I got bored with "The Crown".

I don't have a nostalgic bone in my body. That happened, now they are where they are - - what's next.

Although, I do like period pieces - - kind of in a social anthropology way.

I'm enjoying it thoroughly because I do love "period pieces". But there's nothing for me to feel "nostalgic" for - I really didn't' know much about the Queen, or the story of Margaret, or even much about Winston Churchill. So, for me, it's more of a history-channel, well-produced documentary sort of thing.

I know that dramatizations like that are always slightly 'gauzy' and over-romanticized, but still --- I learned a lot about Elizabeth I - her rise to sovereignty, and her court and the Spanish Armada and her paramours and Sir Walter Raleigh and all that jazz from reading books, and seeing the movies that Cate Blanchet and Clive Owen (pant pant), and Joseph Fiennes acted in.....

A few years later I did more research into the English Civil War, Oliver Cromwell, and all that stuff - including the Pilgrims coming here with the Dutch, and the colonial era.....
to remember history. To know who the people were, how the characters developed, etc.

Another good one for historical knowledge is Dangerous Beauty - the true story of a Venetian courtesan, Veronica Franco who was a writer and favorite of the Venetian powers that were....and how the Inquisition blamed her and the 'decadence' of Venice for the plague. Powerful stuff.

Today, on Thanksgiving, I am sad for the First Tribes being brutalized for trying to protect their water rights. Haven't we done enough harm to them already? Imperialism is a human impulse...and always turns out badly.

edit on 11/24/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

And it's a fact that Trump has done absolutely nothing yet, nor can he.

I don't know why people are following the script so completely that they are condemning the man when the electoral votes haven't even been cast or counted yet.

People are running around screaming "they sky is falling, the sky is falling", accusing him of setting us up for WWIII and claiming he has his finger on the button, while turning a blind eye and a deaf ear to those that are already in office and the ones that brought us to this point.

I am so disappointed in how easily people are being duped and manipulated. I thought people were finally awake and were ready to take an active stance against our corrupt government. But obviously we aren't ready to actively do anything but point fingers, place blame, and generate division, in other words, continue to play the tune of the masters and dance when and were they say dance. They are still the masters and playing us like the fine tuned violins we are.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Jobs/Infrastructure/border security would be good firsts. Get the country working, money flowing and give people a reason to get up in the morning. Get Americans working again, not who will work for the lowest wage. Get jobs going for inner city workers. Give people real Hope and Change, not just a slogan.

The reason blacks came up from the south to Northern Cities years ago was for the jobs that are now in other countries. Unless Trump or whoever thinks they can return these jobs back, with all their environmental implications, this whole jobs to inner city thing may be the biggest laugh since "read My Lips".

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

I still feel like the whole country is being held down by a lead weight of stagnation though.

We can agree on that.

What we apparently don't agree on is how to lift the weight.

Do we agree on what the weight is?

Yes, there are Freeloaders. Tent cities are adequate IMO -- with realistic options to become independent.

Political religion.

Non-progressives.

Irresponsible breeding.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Logarock, you and I sure can disagree on some things, but for this statement, I agree. I've seen this happen in the Los Angeles area over the decades. We used to have manufacturing here, too.... and I remember driving by Kaiser Steel mill as a kid. We had automotive plants and supporting industries.

Years ago when we shed that economy out of country and made labor de facto "free movement" (good for corporations), we changed to the oligarchy we have now. The idea for moving manufacturing was to re-make the economy into one based on the financial industry. Yeah, that worked out well....

IMO the reason the 1980s economy was able to take a hit under Reagan (to stop inflation) was the underground illegal drug economy that grew up then. It became easy to ship arms to Central America and drugs back up to here. A lot of wealth was created and needed to go somewhere, and not just laundered in the banking industry.

What the future for America now holds? Who knows.... it's up to the oligarchy.

(post by ThereforeTheMeh removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ThereforeTheMeh

You following me?

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Thanks for saying this! Star for you!
Believe it or not, I've been thinking about you up there in Ohio. Rough times. Yes - you, specifically. You are the only person of my acquaintance who is in Ohio, and that's where my dad was born. Long story, but I have reason to pay attention to west Ohio, and to Chicago. That's where it all got mixed together and now there's me.

*curtsies*

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Ok, Buzzy, I just got my book by J.D. Vance. I just started reading it. I never knew about the great migration to Ohio from other states like Kentucky. I had remembered news from the years when steel mills shut down (and the term "rust belt), but I hadn't known about the migration northward after WW2.

A great migration I do remember was a consequence of the rust belt, populations moving to Texas and other states southward.

My own family was in the westward migration to Calif after WW2.

Thank God for you Buzzy!

I think what really pisses me off with all this talk of bringing back jobs is that whoever says that does not seem to have a grasp of 21st cent possibilities and reality but is stuck in the 20th cent.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Thanks for saying this! Star for you!
Believe it or not, I've been thinking about you up there in Ohio. Rough times. Yes - you, specifically. You are the only person of my acquaintance who is in Ohio, and that's where my dad was born. Long story, but I have reason to pay attention to west Ohio, and to Chicago. That's where it all got mixed together and now there's me.

*curtsies*

Oh, you're in Ohio.

My family both sides are in Ohio, mostly Toledo. My parents are the only ones who left and moved to CA.

They migrated way back in the 1800s from Carroll Country/Frederick, MD. Originally from the Palatine Migration.

Did ya know I'm mostly German?

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

No.... I'm in Kansas. Kansas City (the eastern edge of the state). My father was born in Cleveland. My mother was born in Los Angeles. BOTH families were German immigrants; one side academics, and the other side farmers.

Outside Chicago was where they met. Long stories on both sides......
but, whatever - no one cares but me and some of my family.

ANYHOW - I did some volunteer work for the LDS digital genealogy site....reading and transcribing microfiche for online access to curious descendants....

I also learned how to read Elizabethan English by searching through digitized parish records. Queen Elizabeth I (who ascended the throne exactly 500 years before I was born) insisted that parish leaders keep records of the marriages, births, and deaths of the local people.

Many of us can't reach further back than that......and genealogy is one of my very favorite things to study. The human race is at once endlessly fascinating and frustrating and flummoxing.
edit on 11/28/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Many of us can't reach further back than that......and genealogy is one of my very favorite things to study. The human race is at once endlessly fascinating and frustrating and flummoxing.

Oh, I would have been a social anthropologist, if I'd been able to. Weird "illness" kept me from doing a lot of things.

I'm more interested in how they did private stuff, family stuff - - then physical artifacts.

I was into genealogy. Unfortunately, I have a one of a kind name, got changed phonetically. Easier to find, but very few searching.
edit on 28-11-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I have a one of a kind name, got changed phonetically. Easier to find, but very few searching.

That's precisely my dilemma....I have a weird name that was originally Koskinen (like "Jones" or "Smith" or "Nelson," you know). My gfather (a Finn of that surname) for unknown reasons changed his last name to a random and uncommon Irish name, and then eloped with my grandmother. I never met either one, both died before I was born.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Evan McMullin tweetstorm on resisting the incoming regime

If Trump governs as an authoritarian like he has promised, it will be critical that Americans do the following 10 things:

1. Read and learn the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. Know that our basic rights are inalienable.

2. Identify and follow many credible sources of news. Be very well informed and learn to discern truth from untruth.

3. Watch every word, decision and action of Trump and his administration extremely closely, like we have never done before in America.

4. Be very vocal in every forum available to us when we observe Trump's violations of our rights and our democracy. Write, speak, act.

5. Support journalists, artists, academics, clergy and others who speak truth and who inform, inspire and unite us.

6. Build bridges with Americans from the other side of the traditional political spectrum and with members of diverse American communities.

7. Defend others who may be threatened by Trump even if they don't look, think or believe like us. An attack on one is an attack on all.

8. Organize online and in person with other Americans who understand the danger Trump poses and who are also willing to speak up.

9. Hold members of Congress accountable for protecting our rights and democracy through elections and by making public demands of them now.

10. And finally, in the words of Abraham Lincoln, have "malice toward none, with charity for all" and never ever lose hope!

This from Evan McMullin.

Keep remembering, no matter which side you're on:

THIS. IS. NOT. NORMAL.

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join