It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am finally fed up with other CT sites and will start new here.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I hope things are better here. I've lurked and posted over the years. I have been actively involved in another forum which I am leaving. Anyhow this is my rant. It applies to more than just "forum politics" and is what it is.
When your boss never backs you as a middleman you need to find a new job. When it happens because they trust you to enforce their rules but overlook infractions that carry small penalties for the sake of donations it's time to find a new job. When you donate hours of service to prevent spam and are thanked by ignoring group PMs you are a deadbeat leader and it's time to find a new job.
My job somewhere else was an eye-opening experience. Former mods had warned about it but it took me experiencing the disorganization of where I am from to understand how true it was. I was/am/will soon not be a moderator on a small CT site with moderate traffic. The owner never reads PMs and constantly undermines the efforts of dedication to enforce his own few rules. He is so afraid of losing a potential donation he makes his mods targets for his posters and does nothing to back them aside from a "good job" post every month.
I'm sorry to be vague and I'm not sure if this is allowed here so that's my restrained rant. I hope things are better here. I hope you mods (even if you need to delete this) are treated fairly and more so hope the rules are consistently enforced with evidence considered.
It is simply not worth the stress to be a moderator in a fixed system. I'd rather just be a contributor in a fair one.
e-Nuff said.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGozerian

if you were with (A SITE THAT ISN'T HOLY AT ALL, YET TOUTS A NAME AS IF IT WAS), I'd love to hear about the policy behind the scenes on random bans that seem to include all the people who post normal stuff, but don't pay to post on a free site.
edit on 27-10-2016 by network dude because: CLEARED OUT POSSIBLE VIOLATION

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I'd like to know the dets on the ban scam, the telescope and exactly what bots/high jackers they were using that they had to pull down after being reported to google, bing, etc. over it?

ETA- If GLP
edit on 27-10-2016 by thesungod because: eta

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

A Friendly Reminder:

ATS does not allow discussion about other discussion boards. The OP here is vague enough and does not identify any other discussion board.

However, any details released that may lead to said identification of another discussion board will be removed.

If any have an issue with another discussion board, we invite you to take that issue over to that discussion board and discuss it there.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
well, welcome then to ATS. we are slightly more organized weirdos than the rest from what I have noticed.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Haha...., some parts of your post made me think you were working for Hillary or Trump.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Not even conspiracies about other boards? Awww...

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I see no need to post further details that would reveal the site. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Well, alright y then.

I know you will enjoy ATS much better than the other sites. I don't even know why people go to other sites in the first place.

Enjoy the crazy train.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

There are others?????

Go straight to the top.

And hello.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Didn't read

But im a fan of bending rules.

Welcome to ATS OP.

Modding has always been too intensive for my liking. Besides who wants to baby sit a bunch of grown-ups besides a power hungry little person.
edit on 27-10-2016 by AlongCamePaul because: re editing the mods edit, in order to comply and not escalate.

edit on 27-10-2016 by AlongCamePaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Glad you came to your damn senses and stopped denying ignorance!

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlongCamePaul
MOD NOTE: SOMEONE DIDN'T READ THIS POST ABOVE

I'm happy you left my thread open. I felt that I should be vague so as not to start any drama of forum vs forum. I will however state that some should not assume things here. I respectfully request members not speculate on where I am from. Chances are they would be mistaken anyhow.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Good thinking.

Welcome to the ATS bonanza. As others have said, it s a more organized band of weirdos here. Theyre pretty cool in my book.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: OneGoal

Thanks and thanks to all the others replying as such. It will take some time to get used to navigating things and kicking the rust off. I've posted before but there is a little bit of a learning curve. :-)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Welcome aboard and glad you were able to share your experience without having the thread get off topic or closed by Mods. Nice to see.

Hope you find that ATS is a great place. See you out there.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Mod Note:

Closed out of a concern this might lead to the naming of and criticizing of another board, which we do not allow.

This is not meant to be punitive, but after a discussion it is thought best to close this thread to be safe.

Thanks for understanding,

Blaine91555

new topics

top topics

join