It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High School Boys Soccer Team Forfeits Because They're Afraid to Lose to 2 Girls.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

A high school boys soccer team in Arizona refused to play another squad that featured two girls, so they forfeited instead. Foothills Academy College Prep does not have a girls soccer team, so sisters Alyssa and Colette Hocking play with the boys instead. This didn't sit well with Faith Christian, which, as you can tell, is a Christian school. Their reasoning? Their deeply held "religious" belief that women are inferior to men. “I know it appears to fly in the face of what everyone is wanting to promote today, and that is equality,” said the appropriately named Dick Buckingham, an adminstrator at Faith Christian, ready to spew some sexist bullsh*t and hide behind the shield of religion. “It is based on a religious perspective that God created guys and girls differently. The difference physically, there is a strength advantage that men have over women. We want to teach our men that honor of ladies is just not in sports. We struggle how to teach that if we’re allowing them to play against young ladies in a competitive game." Buckingham said his students are the real victims here: “We’re the ones harmed because we’re giving up a game. We think it’s better to do that than give a mixed message.” Translation: We are so terribly terrified to lose to two girls.
www.obsev.com...

By Hey -Zeus!! how could this still be a thing in the yr of orr lord thy Gwaad in 2016 , really?? can't play a game with girls on the opposing in team??...what a bunch o bitch-asses, and Im not talking of the team it self but the admins who decide to pull them, reel it back America reel it back!! all this and more insanely bat sht crazy do not play well with the rest of the planet looking at us saying ...the shining city on the hill is having a lot of running blackouts lately..

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Then a scenario such as this would have just blown their minds...they wouldn't know what to do lol.

For those unfamiliar the reference is from Ladybugs

edit on 1-10-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Then why are push-up and run time requirements different for men and women in the military?

It's a no win situation.

Boys lose, the feminists will gloat and heckle.

Boys win, then the feminists will shame them for winning and bullying.

It's not about the game. It's about fairness that lets all the kids feel the warm fuzzies that feeds the delusion they are all superstars.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I know it appears to fly in the face of what everyone is wanting to promote today, and that is equality,” said the appropriately named Dick Buckingham, an adminstrator at Faith Christian, ready to spew some sexist bullsh*t and hide behind the shield of religion.

WOW!
This guy really wants to call that equality?! That is fantastic.
Poor kids, I am sure they couldn't have cared less and just wanted to play.
edit on stSat, 01 Oct 2016 19:56:27 -0500America/Chicago1020162780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
That's hilarious. Yep, boys, be afraid. Be very afraid.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Then why are push-up and run time requirements different for men and women in the military?

Yes, he isn't 'wrong' that the bodies are made up differently, but that isn't really the statement that is in question.
But if you think there is no way for a woman to be stronger then some guy, you are sadly mistaken.

Boys lose, the feminists will gloat and heckle. Boys win, then the feminists will shame them for winning and bullying.

Or people go about their day...
We will never know because the fundamentalist, you know the ones we turn a blind eye too, decided they didn't want to play.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Talking from experience (Intersex hockey, football, netball at school) I don't blame them for refusing to play against girls they are vicious...it was like a scene from a Nam movie 5th form intersex Hockey...The Horror!.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
How much does a difference in strength have to do with soccer?
Seems to be more skill and strategy to me.

edit on 10/1/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

There is a physical aspect to it. You are allowed to muscle someone off the ball with your shoulder or body or keep them from getting to it and other things.
In no way am I saying that to defend his actions tho, just that technically isn't wrong but hardly a reason to call a game.
He might as well call every game that his team has the stronger players if he wants to go that route.
But yes skill and strategy can overcome that.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

It's a no win situation.

Boys lose, the feminists will gloat and heckle.

Boys win, then the feminists will shame them for winning and bullying.

It's not about the game. It's about fairness that lets all the kids feel the warm fuzzies that feeds the delusion they are all superstars.

Lettem win or lose , I've taken down opponents bigger than myself not involving raw physical strength .

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Maybe they were aftraid to lose to girls? Sport is about winning and the girls were ready to play. I think Jesus would disapprove of this decision.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Sorry I didn't communicate well. I really think the boys team protected themselves from harsh political correctness. IF the game turned into a blowout against the girls team, it has a good chance of turning into bad nation wide publicity. I can see the headlines now.... "Boys Christian team humiliates girls team in chauvinistic victory."

I don't blame them for not taking the chance.

Again, it's a no win situation for the boys team. In fact, you seem already biased because its a Christian team. Just saying.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

In fact, you seem already biased because its a Christian team. Just saying.
So, no other team will play against them?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

But just to point out we never backed out we knew we were going to get cut and bloody as we walked onto the field I will never forget them all grinning at each other knowing what they had planned...
We fought the girls and the girls won...we fought the girls and the girls won (sang to the obvious tune).

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

No you did, and I said that we will never know so your strawman is moot.
Boys play against girls all over the nation, it is hardly something new. We had a girl in the LLWS the a couple years back.
It wasn't some huge deal when they lost.

In fact, you seem already biased because its a Christian team. Just saying.

You can think that all you want, I assure you it wouldn't matter who was saying it, I would take issue with it.
edit on stSat, 01 Oct 2016 20:23:24 -0500America/Chicago1020162480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'm sorry. I feel like an ass. I thought it was an all boys team vs an all girl's team. I'm blaming it on the Mandela Effect. I'm still an ass though.

It is silly.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
But it is sad we put so much weight and political correctness on sports.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I'm blaming it on the Mandela Effect.

Good enough for me. In your home Universe, it is an all girls team.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
So whats the problem?
They didn't say the girls can't play.
They refused to play the girls and forfeited the game based on their religious beliefs.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

But it is sad we put so much weight and political correctness on sports.

You are the only one doing that....

It was your argument that PC was at fault here.
Fundamentalism is what is at fault here. One school thought it wasn't right to share the field with girls because of their religious beliefs.
That is ridiculous.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join