It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have been lied to : Christians , Muslims , Jews - all worship the same God

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

I also stopped reading this post here..."they share many of the same prophets and myths."

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: fatkid
a reply to: Raggedyman

So aside from the banter and straw man,

Do you agree or disagree that they all worship the God of Abraham?

Explain how the last statement in revelations fits in with the Islamic prophecy some hundred of years latter

It's not hard to work out if you know what you are talking about or have studied

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

I also stopped reading this post here..."they share many of the same prophets and myths."

It's the truth, but it's not my problem that you would rather remain in ignorance. You're only doing yourself a disservice by making uninformed comments and maintaining a closed mind.

Whatever. Do what you want to do. I won't stop you from looking stupid.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

i stated my position. If you would like to offer a counter arguement please offer it, I'm open to learning.

Not going to do your research for you.

This post is about the God of Abraham being the same God in all three of these religions, not which on of them gives a more defined view of "the end times"

edit on 23-9-2016 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I just read a link explaining why Alla was not the same as Jehova, it was simple and detailed.
Before I could even consider a post that was basic and simple as the OPs post I would need those questions, details explained
The OP makes a broad, general, sweeping and baseless statement

Shouldn't common sense dictate a statement like the one made, explain why they are the same, ask questions to find out the opposing view, then answer the question.
It's almost like we are being forced to accept the statement with no validation or option to question.

I recently read some wealthy country's in the West are so far behind others in education standards it's embarrassing. Making a statement that doesn't explain itself or hear other people's questions and then answer them isn't valid

Go research the differences between allah and YHWH and then explain them

You can draw images of God but not of allah, explain that

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

So aside from the banter and straw man,

Do you agree or disagree that they all worship the God of Abraham?

Explain how the last statement in revelations fits in with the Islamic prophecy some hundred of years latter

It's not hard to work out if you know what you are talking about or have studied

You're contesting the idea that Judaism, Christianity and Islam worship the same God by grounding your argument in a subjective statement in one book of one religion. Regardless of the differences in Christian and Muslim beliefs of the identity and title of Jesus, there are still many similarities between the religions which make for more compelling cases that they do worship the same God.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

i stated my position. If you would like to offer a counter arguement please offer it, I'm open to learning.

Not going to do your research for you.

This post is about the God of Abraham being the same God in all three of these religions, not which on of them gives a more defined view of "the end times"

Yep you did star your position.
It was based on ignorance, it seems you don't care to study before you make a statement or intend to afterwards.
It would seem you are content where you are

Don't study or research for me, do it for yourself

Your ears clearly don't work from what I have read

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Yeah well that's pretty obvious isn't it, what do you want?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Here you go.

www.myjewishlearning.com...

Jews also believe you shouldn't draw/create images of God - they got this thing called "The Ten Commandments" and number 2 covers that.

It's how we ended up with a picture of a blue eyes brown haired white Jesus on the wall of every church in America, by creating a false image of God.

You might "be able" to do something that doesn't mean it doesn't have negative effects or that we understand what kind of problems they will create 100s or 1000s of years later.

But again this has nothing to do with Abrahams God being the same God of all three religions

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Yeah well that's pretty obvious isn't it, what do you want?

How's the weather up there? Might want to get off that high horse? You're treating people in this thread quite poorly.

You're approaching this debate from one perspective, and while i appreciate that you are a Christian, what you say is not the absolute truth as recognised by everyone. Of course you disagree with the assertion that your God is the same entity as worshiped in islam. That's because you interpret the essence of your God differently to Muslims. It doesn't mean either of your groups worship a false idol though. It just means you have different beliefs.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
You forgot to give them the rosetta stones........to remind them all that if they take a highlighter pen and highlight every word in each of their Doctrinal main texts connected to OPINION OR EMOTION...and then re-read the same book EXCLUDING ALL HIGHLIGHTED WORDS......they will ALL find the Alpha story....the Mother story......the Flood story....Gilgamesh...Zisudra...Noah....all of them the same rendition of a Cyclical Earth change ....a 3657 year cycle...which WIPES EVERY CULTURE on the planet simultanously and leaves only a remnant...a very "meek" remnant shall we say.You see the TRUTH is LOCKED IRREVOCABLY INTO THE VERY FABRIC OF EVERY MAJOR DOCTRINAL STORY ON EARTH....just unlock it by removing the layers of manmade subterfuge which cover it.

Yes its a Flood story.....our human history is not linear lain out in on straight line.....it is chronologiclly represented by a SLINKY SHAPE of complete cyclical epochs and it is represented geologiclly by many jumbled "rings" of the slinky or many intermingled layers left in no recognisable chronological order broken over/underlain and discombobulated.

We can only go back 3-4 Cycles before we lose our chronology to the disarray and chaotic geology we are left with after repeated Global Cycles of continental level destruction.There are ways for us to delve deeper from a chronological perspective but it would take a restructuring of global focus on history.

PeaceForward
edit on 23-9-2016 by one4all because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2016 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I was raised with the knowledge that Jews and Christians share the same God, ergo judeo-christian yadda yadda.

And while the Quran is written to say that Allah is the same god as Jews and Christians, I don't see a whole lot of similarity between my God who broke the Old Covenant and brought forth the New, who spoke of turning the other cheek and doing unto others as they do unto you, and the Muslim Allah who seems to be more of a retro fire'n'brimstone old-testament style deity.

To each their own though, I'm sure there are some Muslims who will correct me.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Nothing to do with Revelations. Research Isaac and Ishmael . They are half-brothers . Once you learn , mind blown. They only split after Father Abraham's death.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

That's a lot of blah blah blah. You know how you figure it out? Well, look at Abu Bakr. See how ISIS reformed today, and the guy's name....Abu Bakr? There's a reason for that.

Abu Bakr was the father of Aisha, his 'father' had three kids, and he took the place of one. The very descriptions given of him were "white-skinned, emancipated with a protruding forehead"...

When Muhammed (pbuh) died, Ali was to become Caliph, but Abu Bakr ended up and the events surrounding this caused the split of peoples & Sunni vs Shia. One was peaceful, the other not so much (though violence was used on both sides). The most interesting part however, is that Abu Bakr hired the sworn enemy of Muhammed (pbuh), a bloodthirsty general that reshaped the lands at the time.

Now, I can bet dollars to donuts, if Christianity was documented better in its earlier days you will find the same stories. It's not to say you won't find any, there's just so much junk thrown in it's impossible to discern (unless you have hidden histories). And Judaism, have luck.

The problem is everyone looks at these three religions as a cohesive unit, always the same leaderships, always the same goals, always the same peoples. No. It wasn't. That is where the derision comes in. The repeating history we see, is a prophet, angel or son of god comes forth, coddles man, nurtures him, helps, aides & teaches & shortly after someone turns it into a religion.

It wasn't the religion that was supposed to be taught, it was the teachings of the true spirit. Which, each time, is bastardized for the end goal of separating and dividing humans. Notice I say humans?

Okay now lets go back to Abu Bakr's appearance.... White skin, emancipated & a protruding forehead...in the Deserts of Arabia.... way back when...

There is a war being fought & it's been fought for a long time. It involves at least two sides (but 1more makes sense), and the general consensus they had back when the gods of Sumeria were banished is that "Paganism" (pejorative term) needed to go (even though many Pagans believed in an ultimate god), and that certain bloodlines were persona non-grata.

You should be able to see where I'm going with this.

The important thing to remember is it's not about the religion, or the individual prophet, angel or son, it's about them. You cannot trust the words of men who wrote down their stories, but you can mirror the good they did, the impact they had, and make changes for the better.

Before anyone replies with "Islam is different because = Violence", keep in mind, if opposing forces were directly involved, of course there would be violence.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I am a Christian and have benefited to the core from my conversion. No amount of ridicule or insults could turn me away from the love of God.

And yes, I believe God created us all so of course there is only one God.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: fatkid

It's how we ended up with a picture of a blue eyes brown haired white Jesus on the wall of every church in America, by creating a false image of God.

That is not true at all.

Blond haired-blue-eyed Mongolians. There are plenty of other "Oopeeps" too, like Ooparts, but genetically inclined to be opposite of what they should be.

There is a reason the megalithic culture / civilization is banned from establishment acknowledgement. They want every to believe we were dumb apes pre-christian. We weren't.

Jesus came (and the earliest depictions cite) with hair like sheep wool, of fiery whiteness. And the reason no one was allowed to draw him is because they knew that in ~2000 years the jig would be up. Same reason there was a tabloid story a few weeks ago about a Red Haired Skull - in Antarctica.

The tabloid of course misrepresented the true story - that the skull is from Peru, with red hair (genetic impossibility) and it had a much larger volume, and different plate system than humans.

Because if people learn true history, the jig is up.

And it doesn't mean the good guys (Jesus et al) never existed or they were bad. No, it was mostly likely the good which was soon after usurped for the bad.

TIMELINE: 50,000BC - 50 BC (or something like that) there are people living in harmony, massive, perplexing megalithic cities arising all over the world. At some point, events take place which will forge the legend of Atlantis (though quite possibly multiple cities). The world is all worshipping a goddess, and from rock art we can see that many things are being taught to early man by beings we see today as ETs or Spirits (either/or - both?)

Civilization pops up for the first time (in our records anyway) and the Annuna gods of Sumeria teach man the ways of law, agriculture, and a dozen other modern concepts.

At some point, chaos ensues...

The long history of the Goddess ends.

Jesus rises, falls & rises again. Obviously also respectful of the goddess, as he keeps Mary Magdalene at his side & his mother is the Holy Mother Mary. But wait... something happens...

The powers that be, let's call them...the opposing powers, are not happy about this. They usurp the Christian faith, as they've usurped the past works of the teachers. Taken over cities and laid waste to them.

Suddenly woman is written out of gods work.

The goddess is now evil.

"Pagans" are evil.

Their history wiped out (of interacting with many gods - though many still had a supreme god / Monotheist as the lower gods counted differently). Jesus true teachings...wiped out.

And we have:

Woman is a temple built over a sewer. –Tertullian, “the father of Latin Christianity” (c160-225)

And pedophiles in the Church and so on and so forth. I think the Orthodoxy might be the only 'Christian' church left. Research who is saving Christian refugees from war zones, and who is doing Christ's work.

At various times either sides have operated or controlled various institutions, or warred over it, or occupied it together, or made temporarily made peace. Follow the bloodlines, you will find it...Some are broken. Some are hidden.

The biggest red flag is people out of place. Oopeeps.
edit on 24-9-2016 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
just going to leave this here and walk away quietly

ohmyvolcano.blogspot.co.uk...

The Egyptian Moses was murdered and his religion was abandoned, but he had an Egyptian retinue with him, the original Levites. A fair number of them survived the massacre and the putting down of the Aton worship. The Levites became the elite of the Jewish people. The Jewish people emerged out of the confluence of the Jewish tribe which had come from Egypt under the leadership of Moses and the other tribes which had never been in Egypt. The latter had adopted in the desert the cult of the volcano god and their leaders was a Midianite priest, ;et us say Jethro. The decisive event was a compromise. The Levites adopt the volcano god but insist on circumcision as a price, circumcision being an Egyptian institution. Everything else was abandoned except circumcision. What happens later on can be said in a few words. The story of the Exodus from Egypt was rewritten from a volcanistic point of view, just as the sun god became overlaid by the volcano god. And Moses is overlaid by the Midianite priest, the original worshiper of the volcano god. We know nothing, however, about this other Moses. He is entirely obscured by the first, the Egyptian Moses. The only opening might be the clues provided by the contradictions to be found in the bible's charaterisation of Moses. 'He is often enough described as masterful, hot-tempered, even violent, and yet it is also said of him that he was the most patient and meek of all men'. Jewish Philosophy and the Crisis of Modernity by Leo Strauss.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Allah was the pagan Moon God. Today many people say it just means God. Things change in religions to make their version more acceptable. Anyway, according to Muslims there is only one true God, he happens to be the same God of the bible, I don't keep up on other religions, so I will just keep to the one I know.

Yee Haw, andele!

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
so they all believe there is only one god but they fail to understand that just maybe it`s flawed human interpretation of what god wants that is causing problems. if they believe there is only one god then they all must believe in the same god,the same god that gives them such differing rules to follow? common sense should tell them that it has to be flawed human interpretation that is to blame for the different rules and commandments given by the same god.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

You realize that Mongolia shares a border with Russia right?

Also it doesn't matter, because you entirely missed the essence of the point, someone asked me the difference between Islam and Judaism when it comes to the image of God, I was explaining there isn't a difference, both religions say the same basic things.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join