It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have been lied to : Christians , Muslims , Jews - all worship the same God

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
It is very simple so I don't want to give a long explanation where it isn't needed.

Abraham is the key to understanding it.

He is known as the patriarch of the Jewish people through Isaac, the son born to him and Sarah in their old age and Abraham is also known as the patriarch of Islam through his son Ishmael.

The God of Abraham is Allah / YHWH / YHVH

The difference is only in the languages that the different followers of God use in their own native tongues.

The words in the Bible and Quran aren't that different.

This isn't a debate about Jesus being the son of God or Muhammad being the last prophet.

The GOD of Islam, Christianity, and Judaism is the same being.

Christians worship the God of Abraham.
Jews worship the God of Abraham.
Muslims worship the God of Abraham.

You all worship the same being, you just apply it in slightly different methods.

The discussion of Jesus being God has nothing to do with the God that Abraham worshiped.

Jews don't believe Jesus is the son of God either.

The Torah the Bible and the Quran all start with creation, the fall of man, and a flood and end with Jesus (yes Jesus) returning to earth to destroy Satan.

Peace.

edit on 23-9-2016 by fatkid because: Fatfinger

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: fatkid

Worshiping a belief, and willing to end a human life for such a belief....

Good luck to you religious people, your god sucks.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

This outta be good.....

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Yup, they are all the same god. The religions cause the problems. Everyone wants their version of god to be the one that is correct.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Yup, they are all the same god. The religions cause the problems. Everyone wants their version of god to be the one that is correct.

Yet NONE of them follow their personal god. Religion...I'm gonna stop here because I like not being banned.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
All stuff I've known since being in Catholic Sunday School. They even straight up put in a graphic in the booklets that said Christians covering all denominations and lumped the denominations of Judaism as one and Islam as one and said they were just like Christians.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
yea has this ever been disputed? i remember that from catholic grade school. its the messanger of god they didnt agree with

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
We have been lied too, Islam is not the religion of peace

nor is Christianity,

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Yet NONE of them follow their personal god. Religion...I'm gonna stop here because I like not being banned.

Many Christians do not seem to follow the teachings of Jesus in the bible. Many Muslims do not follow the path of Mohammad. Many Jewish people do not follow the path they are supposed to follow either, they keep straying just as the people in the Old Testament did.

That is the way it is, We don't have the power to change it. That is life I guess.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrakeINFERNO
yea has this ever been disputed? i remember that from catholic grade school. its the messanger of god they didnt agree with

I agree. The Old Testament is pretty much agreed upon by all three. It's what happens later on they all disagree with (Jesus, Muhammad, etc.)

To bad they can't just focus on what they all AGREE on in the various faiths. Oh but that would just be too much to ask for, huh. :/

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Yes it is simple, well done OP. S&F

You may want to look into the structure of heaven in Buddhism.

Then compare the teachings of Buddha with Jesus.

Fascinating comparisons can be found.

P

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Incorrect.

Only a person who does not know Yeshua Hamashiach would ever even think that.

This is a decent example:

www.ciu.edu...

Allah is a distant, remote being who reveals his will but not himself. It is impossible to know him in a personal way. In his absolute oneness there is unity but not trinity, and because of this lack of relationship, love is not emphasized. Indeed, for the Muslim, Allah cannot have any associates. In fact, to claim that Jesus is God’s son is the greatest of all sins in Islam and is known as “shirk.” Allah is also an arbitrary God and is said to deceive people, especially unbelievers. In the end, even for the devout Muslim there is no guarantee of salvation because in his arbitrariness Allah may reject the believer’s good works and send him to hell. Thus, even if one’s good works outweighed his bad works salvation is ultimately up to the Will of Allah, which is arbitrary at best.

When we look at Yahweh, however, who is the God of the Bible, we see a different kind of deity. First of all, the name “Yahweh” comes from the time that God appeared to Moses in the burning bush. At that time God told Moses to call him “I am that I am,” or in Hebrew, “Yahweh.” It is significant that Jesus referred to himself as the “I am” in John 8:58. The Jews realized that Jesus was referring to himself as God and took up stones to stone him for what they believed was blasphemy. This link between Jesus in the New Testament and the burning bush in the Old Testament demonstrates the unity of the one God manifested to both the Jews and the Christians. This cannot be said of the Muslim God because Muslims reject the deity of Jesus and therefore reject much of what the New Testament says about Jesus. We also find that the Bible portrays Yahweh in contrast to Allah. For example, Allah is considered to be too holy to have personal relationships with man, but Yahweh is often described as a loving God interested in our personal struggles. Yahweh is also depicted as unchanging and One who assures the salvation of the faithful. Finally, because there is unity in the Trinity with the one God also being three persons, God can be described as the Father of Jesus.

edit on 23-9-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

In my opinion there is only one God and His name is not Allah!

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

In my opinion there is only one God and His name is not Allah!

Allah is just the Arabic word for God. Arabic Christians also use the word.

It is fact that Judaism, Christianity and Islam are all Abrahamic religions. They share many of the same prophets and myths. They share the same God, even if they interpret that being differently.
edit on 23-9-2016 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Your entire response is about the trinity.

I stated that it was not a debate about Jesus being the son of God.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Many Christians do not seem to follow the teachings of Jesus in the bible. Many Muslims do not follow the path of Mohammad. Many Jewish people do not follow the path they are supposed to follow either, they keep straying just as the people in the Old Testament did.

That is the way it is, We don't have the power to change it. That is life I guess.
and that is the exact reason I'm choosing to be a spectator from now on in his thread.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

According to Laurence Gardner [1], “The dominant tenet of the new thought was based wholly on the utmost fear of Enlil, who was known to have instigated the great Flood [or else acquiesced in not warning the humans, or making any attempt to save them], and to have facilitated the invasion and destruction of civilized Sumer. Here was a deity who spared no mercy for those who did not comply with his dictatorial authority.

“Abraham had experienced the vengeful Enlil first hand at the fall of Ur, and he was not about to take any chances with his own survival. He was even prepared to sacrifice the life of his young son, Isaac, to appease the implacable God (Genesis 32:9).” “The oriental scholar Henri Frankfort summarized the situation by making the point that... ‘Those who served Jehovah must forego the richness, the fulfillment, and the consolation of a life which moves in tune with the great rhythms of the earth and sky.”

In the Sumerian texts, we have the stories of Enki and Enlil, and for the most part there is portions devoted to each. But in Genesis, Enlil seemingly reigns supreme. Enlil knew early on, that a pound of good Public Relations effort is worth a ton of truth.

Abraham and his descendants served Enlil, and followed his precepts. The Egyptians, on the other hand, were Enki’s protégés, and based on food management practices during the devastating droughts around the time of Jacob and Joseph, were doing a lot better than Enlil’s followers.

www.halexandria.org...

NAMASTE*******
edit on 9/23/16 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Oh wow

Your post is amazing

10000 years of religion has crumbled, the world will never again believe what it use to

Your writing style is so clear and descriptive, your referencing and explaining the finite details of humanity's questions are unmatchable

How you have detailed the individuals capacity to access God, how you have explained the need...

Nah, I am just joking, you post has nothing but opinion with no concept of what the different faiths teach
If you really want to make such a big statement then you really need to find out what the issues are and then answer those issues one at a time.

You have ignored every single problem that Christians and Muslims have and thrown out a baseless blanket statement that challenges nothing

At the end of the book of revelations there is a statement, how does that statement fit in with the new prophecy of Islam

You have challenged nothing, it's all a bit grandstanding and childlike

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

religion does not cause the problems. Religion is an idea created by humans. Ultimately, it is the human who is still the cause of the problem by using religion maliciously to make conflict. God just sits in the passenger seat after he plots the course on the GPS and lets it run on autopilot. Religion is simply the scenery that he drives by. It changes all the time and is amusing.

Humans destroyed each other before organized religion became a thing, and humans will destroy each other if it no longer becomes a thing.

Humans gonna human.

a reply to: Raggedyman

He did say this you know

You all worship the same being, you just apply it in slightly different methods.

The different concepts of each faith, which he clearly acknowledges, does not negate the fact that all three faiths worship the God of Abraham.
edit on 9-23-2016 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

So aside from the banter and straw man,

Do you agree or disagree that they all worship the God of Abraham?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join