It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre happening on drive from Adelaide to Mount Gambier

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
This happened to me two nights ago while making the final drive between the cities of Adelaide and Mount Gambier on the Riddoch highway just out of Naracoorte.

We were about 5 minutes out of town when a vehicle , my guess a Holden Captiva came racing up behind us. It came so close I could make out it's probable make and model by its distinctive headlight pattern. It started making aggressive swerves like it was wanting to get past me.

Both my partner and I saw it in the mirrors as its lights were very bright. Then, mid corner on a long sweeping bend with no roads or driveways to exit, the lights in the mirrors simply disappeared.

The car did not go off the road, nor did it turn off as there are barriers there.

A car doesn't simply disappear but I have absolutely no idea where it went either. I am still puzzling over what the rational explanation is given that we both saw it simply vanish from our mirrors.
edit on 21-9-2016 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Similar thing happened to us on Magnetic mountain west of Sydney, i was puzzled by it so much, i stopped, turned around, and went back and the knobs had simply turned there lights off.

I would expect your event to be of the paranormal if you didn't go back to investigate.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Jeepers Creepers

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
my guess a Holden Captiva

Are you sure it wasn't a DeLorean?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

First thing that ran through my mind was that the vehicle's lights had gone out, so I pulled over, but there was no car behind me.

We went back because I was worried it had crashed.

Again, no car.

The weird thing is that for some reason as the car disappeared I struggled to control my own car. Mid corner it became unstable and I really had to work the wheel to regain control.

I was driving our ute, which was fully loaded with gear, so she was bit of a handful as you can imagine, as it started going everywhere for no good reason.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueShaman

my guess a Holden Captiva

Are you sure it wasn't a DeLorean?

Lolz.

They have not earned the name CRAPtiva for their time travel capabilities.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Jeepers Creepers

Just wait till I get my ducks in row for tomorrow or this weekend story. It's weird.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I saw something like that once, except I was behind the car, About 1/5th of a mile. Car turned off the road, into a ditch, and disappeared. It was the road I lived on, and had lived on my whole life. Nowhere it could have gone.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Mr Headshot

Your story reminds me of this

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I have see that video. It wasn't nearly as dramatic. It wasn't anything crazy fast. I was doing maybe 40 mph, smoking a cig with the window down, and the car just casually turned and the lights went out.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

This happened to me two nights ago while making the final drive between the cities of Adelaide and Mount Gambier on the Riddoch highway just out of Naracoorte.

We were about 5 minutes out of town when a vehicle , my guess a Holden Captiva came racing up behind us. It came so close I could make out it's probable make and model by its distinctive headlight pattern. It started making aggressive swerves like it was wanting to get past me.

Both my partner and I saw it in the mirrors as its lights were very bright. Then, mid corner on a long sweeping bend with no roads or driveways to exit, the lights in the mirrors simply disappeared.

The car did not go off the road, nor did it turn off as there are barriers there.

A car doesn't simply disappear but I have absolutely no idea where it went either. I am still puzzling over what the rational explanation is given that we both saw it simply vanish from our mirrors.
You didn't look up, did ya????

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

Hmmmm....

I did a little research and found this

www.ufoinfo.com...

We were not at Nangwarry, we were at the Naracoorte end but it's the same road.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Weird.....

Being an Adelaidean myself I would have just put it down to typical young drivers....but then it disappeared

Well, sucks to be them if they got nabbed....maybe they were running from something hence the erratic driving

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightAssassin

Weird.....

Being an Adelaidean myself I would have just put it down to typical young drivers....but then it disappeared

Well, sucks to be them if they got nabbed....maybe they were running from something hence the erratic driving

Who knows?

The best logical explanation I can think of our that they killed the lights, slammed on the brakes and did a u-turn.

Given how pitch black it was, that would have been crazy dangerous.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Fact or Faked proved that the car could have gone under the chain link fence:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Isn't there a haunted highway up that way? I vaguely remember strange disappearing cars .

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

The best logical explanation I can think of our that they killed the lights, slammed on the brakes and did a u-turn.

Given how pitch black it was, that would have been crazy dangerous.

That is the best explanation, and it's not dangerous at all when wearing night vision goggles. Basically it's some bored troll that likes to freak people out by doing stunts like that.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kalixi

Isn't there a haunted highway up that way? I vaguely remember strange disappearing cars .

I have no idea about that, I've just moved down here.

I will say though that the highway around Nangwarry is a bit creepy, but that is because of the pine forests making it feel boxed in.

There are also many forest access roads that cars can nip in and out of on that section of road.

edit on 22-9-2016 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
i spend much time driving on the roads.
one day on the highway there was this big truck driving behind me. as i looked into the mirrors 3 seconds later it was gone. there was no possible way he could have gone other than following me along the road. this was on bright day.

a lot of strange things happen on the streets. like overtaking a slow car and 30 minutes later you drive past that same slow car again.

i'm lucky it's always the others vanishing and going through the dimensions, not me

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

No idea how to explain it, but had similar experiences!! More than once, in fact. Nothing with that sort of aggressive driving before one vanished, but cars that would disappear, with no place to turn off, etc. Once or twice, a car seemed to change make and model. Again, in those cases, no way one could have turned off and another pulled in. I am talking, a car behind you at a stop suddenly looking like some other type of car. Very weird! Weirdest, I was at an intersection one night, with an older sedan in front of me, sort of cream colored, with a vinyl roof. The car turned, and I eased up to the stop sign, and noted, behind me, the same car. Identical, and no car approached. Straight road behind, no way to miss one, but no one was there, then the car turned, and was suddenly behind me.

I wish I knew how to explain it, as it's always more than a little freaky. Watch traffic for a while, when out, and see how many more of this sort you notice.

Edit to ask - could you tell a color at all, even as much as lighter or darker paint? Just wondering if it was white.....
edit on 24-9-2016 by LadyGreenEyes because: added question

top topics

<<   2 >>

join