It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the race so close (as of September 1st)?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Try thinking about it when you have hundreds of thousands of people just walking across your southern border with no one really sure of who they are or where exactly they came from every year.

You don't have that problem because we don't leave the US to invade your country illegally like that.

People from everywhere in the world come over our Southern border like that, and our government does nothing. It is incredibly destructive to our health and education infrastructure.

You can hop up on your moral high horse because you have us on your southern border.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

If I were running the Clinton campaign, I'd try to pivot to the center, without alienating my base,

So you are saying her current lies are not effective so she should modify those lies to attract more unsuspecting idiots?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
What do you mean by close? That Trump is on average 4.9 points down? That is millions of people. And it is not even slight close when you look at the electoral map. Trump has a massive amount of ground to make up. And his mess with immigration is not going to help. While landslides like Reagan are no longer likely by because of heavy partisan voting Clinton win this election a healthy electoral capture. The only real question is how bad the GOP will do down ticket. That is what the focus of both the DNC and GOP is becoming as Trump seems to be doing nothing to grown his base.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

No, I'm saying compromise to a degree and literally move to something a little more Reaganesque.., with policy aimed and shrinking and streamlining government to get out of the way, ceding power to the states and working more closely with local interests via community outreach and involvement, creating better feedback and accountability, and transparency, to re-earn the trust of the American people. Common sense stuff like that.

Revising Obama care to get everyone covered while fixing problems that inevitably will arise with the formation new markets, which although turbulent have the right set of fundamentals.

Striving for the opportunity to govern for and on behalf of all people, and the only way you do that is by doing in effect the opposite of what Trump's doing and reach across to bewildered Republican voters who don't know what to do.

I'm not referring to talk, but policy formation and the expansion of the Democratic platform to include wherever possible, Republicans.

I'm talking about a pivot to the center to capture the Republican vote for THIS election.

That's what I was thinking..

edit on 1-9-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

You can't turn a wolf into a lamb. I don't care what she says tomorrow, she is a ravenous wolf and always will be.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio
Exactamondo! You nailed it.

edit on 2016-09-01T20:34:19-05:0008pmThu, 01 Sep 2016 20:34:19 -0500ThursdayAmerica/Chicago1930 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Woman, get a grip on reality. This woman you support has been a manipulative abuser of humanity her entire life and you expect her to change now? Sweetheart, we don't live in some fantasia utopia where people such as her suddenly realize the path they have taken is not beneficial to the whole and suddenly change her stripes at this point.

She is a wolf, always has been, always will be.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa

That thought has definitely crossed my mind.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
Woman, get a grip on reality. This woman you support..

I'm not a woman. Assuming..

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: madenusa
Why post this trash? Utter propagandist unverifiable garbage. Surely you can do better than that?

Who the FU-K is Robert Young? Bullsheat post!
edit on 2016-09-01T21:18:41-05:0009pmThu, 01 Sep 2016 21:18:41 -0500ThursdayAmerica/Chicago4130 by CharlesT because: Bullsheat post

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I assumed! I apologize for my misconception.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Why post this trash? Utter propagandist unverifiable garbage. Surely you can do better than that?
Donald Trump wants to deny asylum to refugees. But ironically, his father was a refugee given asylum by the United States. Frederick Trump was conceived in Germany. While his mother was pregnant, his father was convicted of tax dodging and draft evasion. The family was stripped of its German citizenship and forced to leave the country. The Trumps then came to the United States as refugees.

Donald Trump may be an "anchor baby" by his own definition. His father was conceived in Germany. His mother is Scottish. Unless he can prove that his grandfather was an American citizen, with the proper paperwork in place, at the time Frederick Trump was born, that means that The Donald himself is an anchor baby and his entire family should be deported immediately without due process!

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

As rooster said toward the end of the new version of True Grit when he reached the sutlers cabin, "I'VE GROWN OLD". Just like this thread.

Good night and sweet dreams. Don't let the bedbugs bite.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Nikola014

You know, I didn't like Mitt Romney, but at least he was articulate!

Yeah, that'll put food on the table!

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Worn out with the political post but I do try to check in but lately it seems the most long winded, pro Hillary post, are from new guys!

Is it me? No offense Op if you really are Canadian and care SO MUCH about America!

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

I thought it was funny and playful myself.

People and their pet race horses.. don't forget that I don't even have a horse in this race, so I'm not at risk of losing my sense of humor or irony.

My God man, even if he became President would that mean that we can't poke fun at the absurd and the ridiculous and the ironic?

I don't get all upset and run off with my ball if/when someone makes fun of Hillary Clinton.

To be so invested in a particular candidate isn't healthy, imho.

Me I'm just concerned about the overall historical outcome, and at heart, I guess I'm more of a progressive than a conservative to be perfectly fair and honest, so I'm not even offended if you take what I have to say with a grain of salt.

I think if ever our sense of humor ends up in jeopardy then that's high time to ring the alarm bell.

Don't leave. Let's talk about this as civilized people who may differ in our worldview, and you know, debate the issues.

And don't just react, and get mad, and say something outrageous - that's no way to "win".

I'll happily make fun of Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton and even myself, and you.

The whole damn thing's absurd, like some sort of fantastic circus that we've all been drawn into, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Donald Trump does not and never did have any desire to actually become the President of the United States and said as much when we met with Bill Clinton before throwing his hat in the ring! Could you imagine that?

I will not be made a fool of, and will retain my own sense of mirth and civility by poking fun at the whole thing, and that Donald Trump is doing so well is a marvel of both very frightening and very humorous implications for the current state of affairs.

It's pretty freaky what we're all so worked up about. Oh how they crave to be what's relevant, when what's relevant is what we're up to and what's going on with us, at the heart level as the first cause in any solution. It's bottom up, not top down and although a lot of people would disagree with me about this, I think the Clinton campaign gets that, as evidenced at their convention, as juxtaposed with Trump's convention, which, if you didn't love Trump, there really wasn't a whole lot else there for you. It's almost a cult of personality, and few places does it exist on the net to the degree that it does right here at ATS.

It's funny. Maybe the joke is on us, but did we recognize it and in so doing reclaim our good-willed, good-natured humor, mirth and charm and thus our own personal power relative to the whole darn thing.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

Oh you gotta be kidding!

You think I'm a shill? A shillary? LOL

Nah, I'm a Canadian. A concerned citizen of the world who's come to know much more about American politics than that of my own country.

We're GLUED to this thing, the whole watching world and we're both nervous and perplexed about it.

See it from my perspective and POV, and check out my recent threads that will show that I'm an honest and authentic contributor where this issue is just something that I've also come to view very passionately.

I used to LOATHE Hillary Clinton and then I used my powers of observation and intellect, which I trust, and re-examined, I found a flawed human being with generally good intentions who's very smart and curious and knowledgeable and even compassionate and playful. I came to like her in spite of myself, when I set aside the witch caricature that had been laid onto her over the years.

She's seen and has to a degree participated in a horrific foreign policy enacted in the wake of 9/11, yes, and who better to fix it since every one of these problems are human problems and therefore contain within themselves, human solutions to help stabilize the world for the balance of the 21st century.

Don't you ever wonder what would happen under Trump if he just f'd it all up royally, what that might do to the country and the world?

I think we've all gone a little crazy, and I for one will be relieved when it's all over in November no matter what the outcome.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I assumed! I apologize for my misconception.

no worries as we say here in Lotus Land BC.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork
a reply to: sirlancelot

Oh you gotta be kidding!

You think I'm a shill? A shillary? LOL

Nah, I'm a Canadian. A concerned citizen of the world who's come to know much more about American politics than that of my own country.

We're GLUED to this thing, the whole watching world and we're both nervous and perplexed about it.

See it from my perspective and POV, and check out my recent threads that will show that I'm an honest and authentic contributor where this issue is just something that I've also come to view very passionately.

I used to LOATHE Hillary Clinton and then I used my powers of observation and intellect, which I trust, and re-examined, I found a flawed human being with generally good intentions who's very smart and curious and knowledgeable and even compassionate and playful. I came to like her in spite of myself, when I set aside the witch caricature that had been laid onto her over the years.

She's seen and has to a degree participated in a horrific foreign policy enacted in the wake of 9/11, yes, and who better to fix it since every one of these problems are human problems and therefore contain within themselves, human solutions to help stabilize the world for the balance of the 21st century.

Don't you ever wonder what would happen under Trump if he just f'd it all up royally, what that might do to the country and the world?

I think we've all gone a little crazy, and I for one will be relieved when it's all over in November no matter what the outcome.

OK Concerned Canadian watch Clinton Cash and get back to me about your "respect" for Killary! Sorry but the detritus coming from the Middle East and from the South will make it's way your way as well and Hillary is a advocate of this agenda!

Like I said learn how she used her position as SOS to get rich and get back to me about your allure for her...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join