It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first tattoo

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

people who dont have tattoo's.

That's Bull, me thinks. I have more issues than Time magazine, and no tattoos.

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku

Side note: aren't girls with tattoos f*cking hot?

no, its a pretty clear marker that theyve got issues.

Uh huh. Here's a recent Dear Carolyn epistle from someone like you. I can't believe what a goon this guy is. IMO HE'S the one with the issues, not her. So who's the jerk here?

So imagine my surprise when I got home to discover my fiancee had lovingly had my name tattooed on a private area of her body.

For me, tattoos represent low-life, trailer-trash graffiti of the body. To be fair, I don't recall ever having discussed my views of such with her, so I tried to feign some enthusiasm: "Wow, honey, I can't believe you did that. I feel so ... honored." However, privately, I'm really kind of bummed out about it, and the prospect of watching that thing age and stretch over the years is totally turning me off.

No, I won't break off the engagement over this, but what on earth do I do to not be repulsed by this going forward, and how do I make sure it never happens again? If it becomes a habit, I really might not be able to go forward, and I wouldn't want any future kids to think it's OK because Mommy has it.

What also bothers me is that she went ahead and did it without even consulting with me. Yeah, her body is her own, but still, we're going to spend the rest of our lives together and it seems kind of insulting to make such a dramatic decision without even a conversation (although it was meant to surprise me and make me happy). Ugh!
Link

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Sure..

Tattoos use to be subversive..counter-culture. Illicit markings on those that lived on the fringes of society.

Now grandma's and dentists and pre-school teachers have tattoos.

To be clean skinned these days is to swim against the current.

The new tattoo.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: slowisfast

Subversive? Lol tattoos are pretty apparent.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I don't understand your confusion.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: slowisfast

Sure..

Tattoos use to be subversive..counter-culture. Illicit markings on those that lived on the fringes of society.

Now grandma's and dentists and pre-school teachers have tattoos.

To be clean skinned these days is to swim against the current.

The new tattoo.

I will agree on one thing. Anyone can go and get A tattoo. But to be heavily tattooed takes alot of commitment and it not seen very often regardless.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Zerodoublehero

Maybe not where you are from.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Of course anything can get two full sleeves in one day how silly of me.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zerodoublehero

Haha...it's true.
I've seen milquetoast dudes turn into inked up cool guys over a weekend. It's hilarious.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Particularly if you're in prison.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

You saying people who get tattoos must have been in prison is like me saying if you molest little boys you must be Catholic. Not much Logic there.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

You saying people who get tattoos must have been in prison is like me saying if you molest little boys you must be Catholic. Not much Logic there.

You've obviously never been in prison. Lucky you. It's not your "logic" that is faulty; it's your experience that is lacking.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

That sounds awesome! It's amazing what some of these artist can do! And they can make it seem like it's not big deal. It's a gift that I envy and will never have!

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I have my name, in Elvish, on my back. I have my reasons, aside from being a Rings fan. i love it, and I have come across a few people that recognize it for what it is. When random people ask, I usually just tell them it's Finnish, which is close enough.

My thoughts on another would be something about growth, looking at lotus designs. But not sure. I am a sissy about that kind of pain and don't know where I'd put it. I don't want anything that is visible unless I choose it to be.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Has anyone told you that your tattoo looks like genitals?

At first I thought it looked like a nose tbh, but then... it began to look like a pointy pen!s. Either way, it's very... anatomical somehow, and for that reason alone it makes me feel a little dirty deep down inside, lol.

I'm sorry.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Has anyone told you that your tattoo looks like genitals? 

Nope. Haven't heard that lol.

At first I thought it looked like a nose tbh, but then... it began to look like a pointy pen!s. Either way, it's very... anatomical somehow, and for that reason alone it makes me feel a little dirty deep down inside, lol. 

I guess if you wanna see genitals then you're gonna see genitals lol. Says more about you..

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Why don't you just take dad to the vet and get him chipped?

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ezramullins
a reply to: slider1982

Why don't you just take dad to the vet and get him chipped?

He is a Human not a bulldog, plus the vet fees here are stupidly high...

Nope it will be a tattoo on his right hand saying "Remove shirt to see address", then on his chest it will be have his address and a phone number probably my number??.. I guess that leads into frantic phone calls to me if he ever comes back as a zombie???...

RA

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Yes it´s truly a gift. The one and only thing I can draw is faces if the one sits in front of me, but it´s not a big deal if you´ve been shown how to do it. A tip is if you want to draw something other than faces then split the object into primitive forms like cubes and cylinders to get the crude shape then focus on the shadows and details.

It will help you get the proportions and angles right

That´s the best tip I ever got. It´s from a nun I met and she showed me how to use coal and draw faces, trees and how to copy a bowl with fruits in it. It´s important that you use your pen as a measurement tool, not only for drawing. If you know and do these things, you will wonder how much talent is in you.

If it wouldn´t be offtopic I could show you a face I drew before (from the head) and then the one after she gave me advices. You will not believe it was drawn by someone who´s heads and faces looked like a mug with two handles on it.

Edit: I made a thread to encourage other people in drawing, look here:
So you think you can only draw stickmen?
edit on 14-8-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
a reply to: TinySickTears

Awesome! Tell me your favorites

hard to say really

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join