It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory on the internal strife of the Republican party from a Liberal Democrat perspective

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

My response, as with everything I say, was honest...

We are not in dissaray and, to the contrary, are borderline giddy at the though of Trump-Clinton debates...

Not in modern political history has such an amoral candidate existed as Hillary and not in modern political history has a candidate with such a proclivity for admonishing, crass honesty been at the helm of a major party...

Hillary will, at long last, be called to the carpet for her gross incompetence and questionable(possibly criminal) behaviors...

And I assure you her camp is reeling at the thought of what Trump will say to her and his directness as she lacks the ability to think on her feet effectively....I wonder if she will have another coughing fit or "stroke" during or after the debates...

Establishment candidates such as Romney, McCain, Rubio, Jeb or any of the others lacked the ability to call a spade a spade....they would politically dance around accusations while he will assault her verbally for her gross negligence and proclivity for lying to parents of American heroes...

It will be must watch tv....

-Chris

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

I'm not sure Trump will bring any of those allegations up to her face because he knows she has been cleared of wrongdoings. It would make him look like a fool.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

She wasn't cleared.... The FBI director actually said she was too technologically "unsophisticated" to understand what she was doing…
Which I don't believe…..I believe she lied and made herself seem unsophisticated…
But let's say that she was simply "unsophisticated"…
That is an absolute disqualifying factor in the POTUS…

If hillary is so "unsophisticated" as to not understand classified nomenclature then you are too dim to run a country...plain and simple...

FYI: lawyers use the term "unsophisticated" as a synonym for "stupid"

Plus she's a liar and needs to be called out:
FACTS ARE STUBBORN THINGS

-Christosterone
edit on 5-8-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

If you are so "unsophisticated"

I have you know in some circles I'm considered to be very sophisticated.

anyway, ad hominid, I see my taxi's here.

Fare thee well Chris.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
I am very impressed with your OP. You've hit on some very important, and perhaps ugly truths.

Everything he said was a baseless claim or lie. What "truths" are you talking about?

Here is a ugly truth you wont like. You are everything you claim to be against.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Lol...I was referring to Clinton, not you...I changed my post to reflect the correct intent.
I use iPads speech to text so much of my posts are in spoken verbiage as opposed to written structure...

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

She wasn't cleared....

Perhaps the way to begin framing this part for these people is how they'll surely HOWL if cops gun someone down (especially if white on black) and not get charged with MURDER. They'll condone blacks / BLM calling for dead cops & dead "white babies" even.

But then Hillary comes along and she can get 'cleared' again and again and again and again and again, and that just works for them. When it comes to Her when there's always smoke somehow there's never a fire.

This then becomes a triple standard when you factor in how the War On Drugs DOES oppress black people (FACT), and she's had a heavy hand in that (FACT), and doesnt intend to do a damn thing about it (FACT).
edit on 5-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

I am very impressed with your OP. You've hit on some very important, and perhaps ugly truths.

Everything he said was a baseless claim or lie. What "truths" are you talking about?

Here is a ugly truth you wont like. You are everything you claim to be against.

Hm. Assumptions, presumptions, insults, and misinformation. I see why you are voting for Trump!

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Excellent OP, well thought out and expressed. It says a lot about the state of our country, when so many want to come in and shout down your opinion. For some on the far right, only they and those that agree with them are entitled to free speech. For anyone to deny the implosion within the republican party, is just that, straight up denial.

I look to see it damage the down ticket support as well, especially among independents, of which I am one.

Great OP

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Excellent OP, and hats off to you young man. With that kind of critical thinking, I predict you have a bright future.

Yes, I knew I had faith in that generation for a good reason!

... they will have to rid themselves of the blight of Ted Cruz and his silly ideologies, and I'm not sure they can. Texas seems to like him. : o

If they absolutely can't recover from this, and this new neo-fascist republican party stays put, we might find it's the Old Guard that forms a new party. Wouldn't that be something?

Your post got me to thinking. I wondered what would become of the white supremacists that re-located to the GOP. Where would they go if they were no longer helpful to/wanted by the party. If they formed a new party (Dixiepubs), maybe that would isolate those elements into a minority party, un-electable at the national level. If the GOP cannot get rid of them, then the party should make them un-electable at any level above state level, but I don't think the party is strong enough to do so.

The same with the Dominionists etal. Religion must not be given political power, as happened decades ago when the GOP courted and promoted conservative Christian leaders and their flocks, entwining religious dogma with politics!

Finally, the GOP must contain, rather than promote, their extremists elements that William F. Buckley, Jr., warned them about decades ago (the John Birch Society).

When Newt Gingrich came to national office in the 1990s, the GOP began its purge of RINOs. A major way of doing this was to refuse party money/help to the campaign of any Republican who was deemed Republican In Name Only. So besides continuing to drive their ideology further right (forcing out members like Elizabeth Warren!), they forced from office their own members willing to run.

Bush Jr. was warned that if he broke Iraq, he would own it. The GOP has broken our party system, they own the mess. If we go to a parliamentarian system, which we de facto now have, then we would have to re-do our Constitution. If we straight out go to multi-party, than we could end up with power resting in the hands of people elected by merely a simple majority, with the winner in actuality not being favored by most voters. This mess, like Iraq, will be years in the fixing.

(post by BuzzyWigs removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

There is a silver lining here however. 

Absolutely a godsend if we survive this part and move on

It will be a lot like taking care of that radon problem in the basement - all clean going forward

We could all be looking at a much healthier future

Nice OP

edit on 8/5/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

(post by avgguy removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

She wasn't cleared.... The FBI director actually said she was too technologically "unsophisticated" to understand what she was doing…
Which I don't believe…..I believe she lied and made herself seem unsophisticated…
But let's say that she was simply "unsophisticated"…
That is an absolute disqualifying factor in the POTUS…

If hillary is so "unsophisticated" as to not understand classified nomenclature then you are too dim to run a country...plain and simple...

FYI: lawyers use the term "unsophisticated" as a synonym for "stupid"

Plus she's a liar and needs to be called out:
FACTS ARE STUBBORN THINGS

-Christosterone

???

You are blatantly changing the meaning of what they said. Shes not an "Unsophisticated" person,.. theyre saying she is "Unsophisticated" when it comes to technology, as in, she isnt tech savvy. Not many 70 year old know the ins and outs of how servers and encryption technology works.

That isnt a disqualification. Nice try though

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert

Excellent OP, and hats off to you young man. With that kind of critical thinking, I predict you have a bright future.

Yes, I knew I had faith in that generation for a good reason!

... they will have to rid themselves of the blight of Ted Cruz and his silly ideologies, and I'm not sure they can. Texas seems to like him. : o

If they absolutely can't recover from this, and this new neo-fascist republican party stays put, we might find it's the Old Guard that forms a new party. Wouldn't that be something?

Your post got me to thinking. I wondered what would become of the white supremacists that re-located to the GOP. Where would they go if they were no longer helpful to/wanted by the party. If they formed a new party (Dixiepubs), maybe that would isolate those elements into a minority party, un-electable at the national level. If the GOP cannot get rid of them, then the party should make them un-electable at any level above state level, but I don't think the party is strong enough to do so.

The same with the Dominionists etal. Religion must not be given political power, as happened decades ago when the GOP courted and promoted conservative Christian leaders and their flocks, entwining religious dogma with politics!

Finally, the GOP must contain, rather than promote, their extremists elements that William F. Buckley, Jr., warned them about decades ago (the John Birch Society).

When Newt Gingrich came to national office in the 1990s, the GOP began its purge of RINOs. A major way of doing this was to refuse party money/help to the campaign of any Republican who was deemed Republican In Name Only. So besides continuing to drive their ideology further right (forcing out members like Elizabeth Warren!), they forced from office their own members willing to run.

Bush Jr. was warned that if he broke Iraq, he would own it. The GOP has broken our party system, they own the mess. If we go to a parliamentarian system, which we de facto now have, then we would have to re-do our Constitution. If we straight out go to multi-party, than we could end up with power resting in the hands of people elected by merely a simple majority, with the winner in actuality not being favored by most voters. This mess, like Iraq, will be years in the fixing.

Thank you so much for actually speaking and sticking to the topic of the thread. This is exactly what I was going for.

I feel bad for my conservative republican friends who realize that their party is now tarnished with the right wing extremism shown by hate groups. What you are saying is exactly the direction I was headed. They need a reform and draw a clear line on their social policies so those groups and the individuals that this election has brought out of hiding cant find a home there.

Even though Im a Liberal I believe we need collaboration between fiscal conservatives and the party to which I belong. everyone needs to be reeled in once in a while, checks and balances. However what isnt tolerable are the seclusionists and the the hate speech that seems to have a larger presence in our country than we all thought.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

This is an extremely well-written OP (thank you, and thanks for disclosing your deets so we can picture who is talking!) and you deserve every flag and star you rack up with it. Hopefully it will, like a lighter in a cavernous auditorium after the show is over, summon the sane back on to stage to help us keep going.

In the face of this utterly disgraceful show, which the whole world is watching (unless embroiled in their own unspeakable horror brought on by like-minded junkyard dogs), some of us need to keep our heads on straight. I saw the implosion coming beginning with the "Arab Spring" - even then, I knew this was something that was going to be a pandemic disaster of dazzling proportion.

The mid-terms clinched it - and it has happened. They are coming completely unglued, and the populace is acting it out for them. Trump is their hero. They wish they could be him, so they want him to be their leader. It's really sad.

Even Paul Ryan is sufferable compared to what's happening now. I couldn't stand Boehner or Gingrich or Bush, but this guy is too crazy to "hate." He's just scary.

Thank you so much, your replies have really made my day!

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I have been a conservative/ republican since forever. The question or questions I have for you. Why do you believe in a Democratic liberal causes? Over a life time since I first started paying attention to politics I have never seen anything useful come from Democrats. Could you prove to me Democrat Liberal ideals are correct, and good for the country. What I have seen the Democrats have done over the last 7+ years have not help anyone anywhere here in America. I assume you are voting for Hillary, a known liar. Someone that does not want to take responsibilities for her actions. Why vote for a person like that? My common sense tells me to run away from her as fast as a person could.
edit on 8 5 2016 by Ceeker63 because: misspelled word.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
I have been a conservative/ republican since forever. The question or questions I have for you. Why do you believe in a Democratic liberal causes? Over a life time since I first started paying attention to politics I have never seen anything useful come from Democrats. Could you prove to me Democrat Liberal ideals are correct, and good for the country. What I have seen the Democrats have done over the last 7+ years have not help anyone anywhere here in America. I assume you are voting for Hillary, a known liar. Someone that does not want to take responsibilities for her actions. Why vote for a person like that? My common sense tells me to run away from her as fast as a person could.

I have been an independent voter since I turned 18 in 1978. 70 straight months of job growth for President Obama, not bad for the condition that Bush left the country in. How many lives, has the lies that Bush told, cost us. The Republicans, and Trump in particular, are known liars. I will not vote for Hillary either, but the Republicans need to get their poop in a group, eliminate the extreme portions of their platform, and realize that most of us do not care what goes on in the bedroom of two consenting adults. If they cannot figure out that religious extremism is not the basis for a party platform in 2016, I fear they will never be a viable national party again.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The GOP is in melt down mode because they feel that Trump will drag down the moderate Republicans in State and Local races. Preibus had a come to Jesus talk with Trump...we'll see if Trump changes his tune.
The Libertarian party is seeing unprecedented support from the GOP ranks. Gary could throw a monkey wrench into the entire election process.

www.cnn.com...

Granted Trump has a solid base or Right Wingers but they just don't have the number to win in the general election.

Trump will not debate Clinton. He has a few skeletons in his closet as well that he wants to keep hidden.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I am a millenial, 26. Was a R. Paul supporter but Trump has won me over from the libertarian party. Seen a few typical republicans my age move towards johnson. I voted for Johnson in 12. Romney republicans are the republicans I despise.

My views have evolved partly due to ATS to simply be pro-western civilization.

Painting Trump as a racist is a great strategy to keep milenials from voting for him. Young people are idiots, virtue signaling is too important for them.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join