It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Goddess Kali

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Just learnt more from a friendly Yogi

About Gods.

"It is dangerous to have just one God with one message with many gods they have different messages"

I don't believe in any of it btw just like the culture.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: Elsemyazazededera
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

As soon as you through in knowledge of the subject they deem heathen or demonic they scatter like roaches when the lights come on (the closed minded Christian).

Not a well read bunch and famous for demonizing EVERYTHING, even other Christian denominations. All talk and knowledge makes em walk...away. They want no part of anything including their own scriptures that most occasionally read at best.

They love to talk about or "cherry pick" scripture and if they can't explain a particular passage being offered as proof of imperfection in the Bible accuse you of just "cherry picking."

I don't think hypocrites begins to describe the attitude of the modern day Christian. Too bad because Christ has a lot of good and Apocryphal teachings they are unaware of so don't know their own religion but know enough to know everything else is just demons.

Yeah, just love Hinduism, a child is born blind, it deserves blindness and should not be helped.
A person gets spinal injury, karma, you deserve it, no help for you
Limbless, serves you right, abused your fault
Cancer, to bad, karma, go away and die

Poor, you deserve it, no help for you

Kali, a god of a religion of contempt for humanity, compassion less and without pity.
Kali represents Hinduism well, you get no help, you deserve your suffering, karma

Anyway, I notice the Gnostics demonising everyone, that's a given around here

Should I list the problems with Christian theology or the world domination agenda of its Roman peddlers of hellfire?

Or just let you go on thinking you have some kind of clue about it (your own religion) and can say it is any more real than Hinduism?

You don't and it isn't more true, real or good. Probably less because of certain people who don't like to read their own scriptures.

I love it, a scared Christian always yells Gnostic heretics and all that crap that makes you look like who I described earlier when he gets into anything knowledge related because Gnostic comes from Gnosis or knowledge and wants no part of knowledge, lest he learn of his own shortcomings and fixes them and progresses as a person.

Better to just wait for the grace train right?
edit on 2-8-2016 by Elsemyazazededera because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Normally i am quite reserved on this site

but you sir

take the retard keg

mods feel free to delete this
but people should be aware
of how mis informed and wilfully ignorant
Raggedyman post is

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Elsemyazazededera

I am amazed how you have turned this into an attack on me and christians

I was explaining the cruelty of Hinduism and the caste system

But hey, whatever floats your boat

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

I am amazed how you have turned this into an attack on me and christians

I was explaining the cruelty of Hinduism and the caste system

But hey, whatever floats your boat

It always inevitably turns into an attack on Christians, because its the only religion they care two sh!ts for. They don't really care for the god of any other religion except the only one that explicitly claims their book is the inspired word of God himself, which is the Bible.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: Abysha
It does not matter to me what god(s) you believe in as long as you have the best in your heart for others.

An awkward amen to that!

When a person does what they do from a place of love, I do not judge them by their gods.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I'm amazed you are amazed you come in this thread attacking Hinduism and then cry when people bite back at your ignorance.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: kibric

Normally i am quite reserved on this site

but you sir

take the retard keg

mods feel free to delete this
but people should be aware
of how mis informed and wilfully ignorant
Raggedyman post is

If you want to believe that, good for you

www.youtube.com...

"Look at India, it's the one of the most miserable country in the world! There are more rats than people, and such poverty and disease! People are starving in India, while the rats get fat and the sacred cows die of old age!

That's what Hinduism's gods and reincarnation have done for India."

If you do wrong you will pay for it in the next life--this is working out your karma your punishment for sin. Each person MUST suffer for his sins. If someone is suffering in this life, it is assumed they are paying for some evil they've done in their past life--even though they don't remember what they did wrong. That's why they can walk by some low caste member who is dying on the street and feel nothing. Karma is the law of cause and effect which determines destiny/fate. For every thought, word or deed karma produces an inevitable effect.

Karma necessitates reincarnation so you can pay for the sins you've done in your past life. Rabi once knocked over a Krishna idol (god) on the floor and wanted to say "Sorry" but he knew no apology would be accepted. The unchangeable law of karma forbade it. He would have to continue on the wheel of reincarnation. One transgression will keep you in the system.

Reincarnation is a CURSE to the real Hindu. In the west, it makes people happy to think they can come back and sin some more. If that brass figure was god, why did it fall so easy? Why do Hindus have to carefully wrap their gods and put them up for safekeeping?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

I'm amazed you are amazed you come in this thread attacking Hinduism and then cry when people bite back at your ignorance.

Yeah, just love Hinduism, a child is born blind, it deserves blindness and should not be helped.
A person gets spinal injury, karma, you deserve it, no help for you
Limbless, serves you right, abused your fault
Cancer, to bad, karma, go away and die

Poor, you deserve it, no help for you

Kali, a god of a religion of contempt for humanity, compassion less and without pity.
Kali represents Hinduism well, you get no help, you deserve your suffering, karma

I wasnt attacking, just stating facts

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

the caste system does not represent the values of many
" hindus " and if you can be bothered to research the hundreds
of scholars who have researched it , you would know it has been
a topic of division among many Indians.
even since its inception.

Your understanding of Karma is pathetic
it is clear you watched a few videos , read a few articles

That's what Hinduism's gods and reincarnation have done for India."

No thats a corrupt government drunk on western ideals

That's why they can walk by some low caste member who is dying on the street and feel nothing.

i spent years in India and this behaviour is rare.
How many years did you spend there ?
How many years actually talking to the people ?

You fail to mention the free food temples provide
or the community aspect where family's help other family's
in villages.

It is true India is quite divided
and in some parts still quite tribal

but an intelligent human being does not paint
an entire culture with such a broad brush
Its evident that such refined thinking
is far above you.

Rabi once knocked over a Krishna idol (god) on the floor and wanted to say "Sorry" but he knew no apology would be accepted

absolute Bullsh#t

i never met a Siddhar Gnani or Yogi
or any other Indian that would not accept an apology

again absolute Bullsh#t

Go there find out for yourself
you brave internet warrior

or stay in your ignorance

Its clear you are the most uninformed and ignorant poster
i have ever had the displeasure of reading

a child is born blind, it deserves blindness and should not be helped.
A person gets spinal injury, karma, you deserve it, no help for you Limbless, serves you right, abused your fault Cancer, to bad, karma, go away and die Poor, you deserve it, no help for you

absolute Bullsh#t

you clearly get all your information from youtube

In valadur they feed people for free
and thats just one country bumkin village
out of thousands

Know that a room full of Indians are laughing at your ignorance

edit on 3-8-2016 by kibric because: Hail Columbia

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: kibric

Would love you to make some threads educating us all on Hinduism do one about the monkey god

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

yes i might

Hinduism is far from perfect
in that respect it is no different from other "religions"

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

Would love you to make some threads educating us all on Hinduism do one about the monkey god

I believe in Christianity they call him Jehovah.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   

All you have to do is go visit a Christian thread and see how many Hindus are there speaking negatively about Christianity and you will see that at the very least they have more respect for others cultures than the Christians who do that in a Hindu thread.

Apparently Hinduism instructs its adherants to find more positive things to do than sit around insulting something you don't know anything about, have never experienced first hand.

And apparently Christianity teaches that all the other religions are demonic.

Who would be the more noble and virtuous person by comparison?

Gonna go with the Hindus as I have never seen one talk ill of Christ and have heard a million Christians talk ill of everything under the sun except themselves and this includes other denominations for the sin of not being the same denomination of Christianity.

More divisive than any caste system is the system of Christianity itself.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Gonna study Sikhism next just been talking to psychologist at work who is one...my god her eyes

edit on 3-8-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I have been reading and such and found out that Sikhism Buddhism and some Hindu Gods do not punish you for not following their religion.
Where some say "follow me or die!!".
So going to the Temple tmr...I wonder If they will let me film it?.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

This is Durga
Goddess of Victory of Good over Evil and Motherhood

And I think she looks better than Kali.

Durga (Sanskrit: दुर्गा Durgā 'invincible', Hindustani pronunciation: [ˈd̪ʊrɡaː]) is the principal form of the Mother Goddess in Hinduism. There are many incarnations of Goddess Durga: Kali, Bhagvati, Bhavani, Ambika, Lalita, Gauri, Kandalini, Java, Rajeswari, and has nine appellations: Skandamata, Kushmanda, Shailaputri, Kaalratri, Brahmacharini, Maha Gauri, Katyayani, Chandraghanta and Siddhidatri.[1] A list of 108 names that is used to describe her is very popularly in use by Hindus and is called Ashtottara Shatanamavali of Goddess Durga.[2] She is known by a variety of names: including Amba, Ambika, Jagadamba, Parvathi, Shakti, Adishakti, Adi Parashakti and Devi. According to Shaktism, Adi Para Shakti—the Goddess, Devi—is the Supreme Being and the believers regard Durga as the root cause of creation, sustenance and annihilation. She is pure energy (referred to as "Shakti" in Sanskrit and Hindu religious context). Being innately formless (known as Adi Parashakti), she manifests herself within the gods and demi-gods so that she may fulfill the tasks of the universe via them. At times of distress, such as when Mahishasura terrorised the universe, she manifests herself in divine form to protect the world. Hence, Durga is also known as Mahishasura Mardini (Bengali: মহিষাসুরমর্দ্দিনী, The Annihilator of Mahishasur).

So maybe Shaktism is a good thing to look into?

edit on 3-8-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

thx ill look into this =)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

A little over a year ago I dipped my toe into Zoroastrianism, and noticed a similarity, only labels switched Devi/Ahura like one's bad, one's good sort of thing. I kind of wrote it off as conscious distinction making between two religions with the same root.

I'm not familiar enough with either religion to actually make a judgment call one way or the other though.

edit on 3-8-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

All major religions have the same birthplace..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join