It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Goddess Kali

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Kali appears to destroy nothing good from my brief 5 minutes of research she functions similar to a Catholic saint or specific angel. She takes mercy on the misfit and outcast and rids one of enemies internernal and external (I don't envision a death curse more like protection from external dangers) and is one who will come to the aid of an abused spouse and end the marriage if it is dangerous.

Doesn't sound like the deeds of a demon but a demon slayer, sent from heaven. I can get on board with Kali anyday.
edit on 1-8-2016 by Elsemyazazededera because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Elsemyazazededera

Padawan, is that you?

Coomba98.....potentially

Summers Eve. Lol

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Just goes to show the ones who bleat religious tolerence only believe that when it is their own religion.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha
If a doctor would say that...

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
Just goes to show the ones who bleat religious tolerence only believe that when it is their own religion.

I notice you only bleat when its christianity, lighten up, you are becoming a hard core fundie

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
If a doctor would say that...

A doctor can say that. If a doctor's medicine isn't potent enough to kill then it probably isn't potent enough to cure.

This holds especially true in herbalism. Nearly every herb I have on my shelves have medicinal properties. The ones with the most benefit would kill a person if taken improperly or if too much is taken. Apothecary work is what made me finally agree and adapt to that philosophy.
edit on 2-8-2016 by Abysha because: clarifying

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
That´s a very black and white view of medicine, to say if it can´t kill you it wont help. Because -I guess you heard that-everything is potentially deadly in the right(wrong) amounts.

Since you did not clarify what you ment with that sentence I´m still on my opinion that it´s none of your business interfering with the lives of others. You wrote someone you saw. That implies a stranger.

And to justify it with "but christians do the same" is comparing apples to oranges.
If I pray for someone simply to be safe then it´s not the same as you described.

But that´s my opinion. I was just interested how you justify it before yourself. Since you answered...

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Duality (us vs them thinking) is the real curse from my point of view creating hate and suffering. If you call beings who manipulate souls with divide and Conqueror for personal gain anti Christs (beings of ego demonic behavior) then unfortunately Paul and Muhammad are for me the perfect example of corruption and hypocrisy.

I do not know enough about Hinduism to know if I should put her (Kali) as a manifestation of ideas of the divine or demonic but this thread point towards the divine.

Divine beings can coexist regardless of view while demonic beings sooner or later go insane on their view wanting to destroy all people who will not submit to brainwashing. Divine being do not need to brainwash. If the information is correct it will in the end speak for itself.

edit on 2-8-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

As soon as you through in knowledge of the subject they deem heathen or demonic they scatter like roaches when the lights come on (the closed minded Christian).

Not a well read bunch and famous for demonizing EVERYTHING, even other Christian denominations. All talk and knowledge makes em walk...away. They want no part of anything including their own scriptures that most occasionally read at best.

They love to talk about or "cherry pick" scripture and if they can't explain a particular passage being offered as proof of imperfection in the Bible accuse you of just "cherry picking."

I don't think hypocrites begins to describe the attitude of the modern day Christian. Too bad because Christ has a lot of good and Apocryphal teachings they are unaware of so don't know their own religion but know enough to know everything else is just demons.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elsemyazazededera
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

As soon as you through in knowledge of the subject they deem heathen or demonic they scatter like roaches when the lights come on (the closed minded Christian).

Not a well read bunch and famous for demonizing EVERYTHING, even other Christian denominations. All talk and knowledge makes em walk...away. They want no part of anything including their own scriptures that most occasionally read at best.

They love to talk about or "cherry pick" scripture and if they can't explain a particular passage being offered as proof of imperfection in the Bible accuse you of just "cherry picking."

I don't think hypocrites begins to describe the attitude of the modern day Christian. Too bad because Christ has a lot of good and Apocryphal teachings they are unaware of so don't know their own religion but know enough to know everything else is just demons.

Yeah, just love Hinduism, a child is born blind, it deserves blindness and should not be helped.
A person gets spinal injury, karma, you deserve it, no help for you
Limbless, serves you right, abused your fault
Cancer, to bad, karma, go away and die

Poor, you deserve it, no help for you

Kali, a god of a religion of contempt for humanity, compassion less and without pity.
Kali represents Hinduism well, you get no help, you deserve your suffering, karma

Anyway, I notice the Gnostics demonising everyone, that's a given around here
edit on 2-8-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

See you don't even understand Hinduism.
Why not learn before you spout crap?.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 2-8-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

Well, that's a flattering picture.

On a side note, I train in the Filipino art of Kali at my martial arts school. No relation in name, apparently, but it's the reason why I clicked the thread to see.

Regardless, I'd like a shrunken-head neckless, please.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I wouldn't want to fight her she has four arms....and she is a girl.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

That´s a very black and white view of medicine, to say if it can´t kill you it wont help. Because -I guess you heard that-everything is potentially deadly in the right(wrong) amounts.

Since you did not clarify what you ment with that sentence I´m still on my opinion that it´s none of your business interfering with the lives of others. You wrote someone you saw. That implies a stranger.

And to justify it with "but christians do the same" is comparing apples to oranges.
If I pray for someone simply to be safe then it´s not the same as you described.

But that´s my opinion. I was just interested how you justify it before yourself. Since you answered...

By "someone I am seeing", I mean it's somebody I'm dating. I'm seeing him. He's not some stranger I saw. Also, he is aware ahead of time I might someday do something like this to help with his issue and wall he needed destroyed.

If the problem you have is with consent, it is unfounded. I had his consent.

And it's not apples and oranges. If you pray for me, it is without consent, calling on a deity I don't condone, and not usually in my true best interest. Christian prayers are often curses which is why "I'll pray for you" is so often said like a threat. Jesus was the last decent-hearted Abrahamic witch. He understood this balance you are denying.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

How does one call upon Kali? just chant a bit? I dunno?.
I'm single and well she is kinda hot
edit on 2-8-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Well look, that´s exactly what I asked. I´m not sure if you´ve been intentionally vague all the time. I mean, you circled around this in your reply and it feels like you did it intentionally. Because if you had just answered that, I would have told you: Okay that´s another thing.

I see.

Edit: I forgot: I have no problem and please don´t make it appear so. I was asking polite. You did not have to reply me at all.

edit on 2-8-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

How does one call upon Kali? just chant a bit? I dunno?.
I'm single and well she is kinda hot

I am not Hindu so I'm not sure. I don't "call upon Kali". I work with her, meaning that I invite her to augment works I am already doing.

It sounds like there might be at least one Hindu in this thread so maybe they'll chime in?

I only joined in this thread on the first page because I wanted to chime in on my experience with Kali. I had no idea she was such a hot-button issue for Christians. Like, seriously, don't you think Christians would like a "Demon Slayer"? I mean, what an awesome title.
edit on 2-8-2016 by Abysha because: added stuffs

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Well look, that´s exactly what I asked. I´m not sure if you´ve been intentionally vague all the time. I mean, you circled around this in your reply and it feels like you did it intentionally. Because if you had just answered that, I would have told you: Okay that´s another thing.

I see.

Edit: I forgot: I have no problem and please don´t make it appear so. I was asking polite. You did not have to reply me at all.

I was never trying to be vague. I thought the original issue was somebody taking issue with the concept of potency in medicine/craft work taking a neutral role, capable of harming and healing.

I thought "somebody I was seeing" was clear enough and had no idea that consent was the issue you were having. Honestly.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Fine then

I was attracted to this thread because I´m open to other things. It does not play a role but I want you to know I was raised strictly catholic. I did not like being forced to church and other stuff. But I liked and still value the morality behind it. I also believe in a form of Karma. And if it´s only to make the people do good.

It does not matter to me what god(s) you believe in as long as you have the best in your heart for others.
I own a bible and have read it of course. You know when somebody comes up why I never go to church, I just say then look in the mirror and then into Mathäus 6:5+6. That shut´s them up normally. And it happens quiet often because I still am active in other projects but I just don´t visit church for praying. I´m also not praying by the way, the question above was rhetorical.

Instead I try to act myself. That´s what a god would want I suppose, instead of pleaing for help, take it into your hands. If it´s my business, of course.

Edit;: And the religious fanatics should sit down a second and think about their behavior. Honestly guys/gals, straighten up and don´t try to force your believes (that you adopted BTW) down the throats of others.

edit on 2-8-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Exactly when you read about her she has a side very like other Gods they don't take crap from demons.
Like the Monkey one that grew as big as a mountain and ate one.
What isn't to like
?.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join