It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friendly Reminder: Donald Trump Still Hasn’t Released His Tax Returns

page: 23
<< 20  21  22   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
For the last time, there is no legal reason to release them. It is not a requirement. What is a requirement is a financial disclosure.

www.opensecrets.org...

I find it quite amusing that Mr Johnson has not added his and Bernie did not file in 2016 either. He knew he was not getting it and wanted to hide the money that just bought the anti 1% a private beachfront home worth over 600,000 dollars.

These tell you everything about a candidates finances.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
For the last time, there is no legal reason to release them. It is not a requirement. What is a requirement is a financial disclosure.

No, there isn't. Can't force him.

Not the point.

You can't spin this.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Donald Trump releasing his tax returns would cause more problems than it solved. Journalist and so-called experts barely understand their own tax returns. Those of a billionaire would totally dumbfound them to the point where they would invent things just to insult Donald Trump.

Donald Trump supporters don't care about this issue. Those in the public and in the media who do care, are not needed for his election as president anyway.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Spin it in two threads!! WooHoo Annee!

Tell me, what is the point then? Please, tell me?

edit on 08pm31pmf0000002016-08-10T12:53:52-05:001252 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Good point!

But why hasn't he released his tax returns?

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

What was the original reason high level politicians released their tax information.

Apparently, all other presidential hopefuls have done so.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Should he?IMHO yes.Will he?No.Time to move on.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

It will resolve some questions. Does he have as much money as he claims? Not that I care how much money he has, I'd like to see a smart poor person win some day. But it will attest as to his honesty.

Does he give to charities like he brags he does?
Does he cheat on his taxes? I'm honest on mine, although I don't always want to be. I want someone who suffers as much as I do. lol.

Does he have money stuffed in banks all over the place for tax evasions?

I have these questions. Releasing his tax returns would answer some of these, and whether it is legally provided for or not, most nominees and even politicians of a lesser status have provided the information.
This is a first. Why?

edit on 8/10/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

So, yes, it’s true that Trump has failed to land a business venture inside Russia. But the real truth is that, as major banks in America stopped lending him money following his many bankruptcies, the Trump organization was forced to seek financing from non-traditional institutions. Several had direct ties to Russian financial interests in ways that have raised eyebrows. What’s more, several of Trump’s senior advisors have business ties to Russia or its satellite politicians.

Might the release of his financial records show ties to Russia. I am surprised that so many that hate and fear the Russians don't consider the ties.

Most of the coverage of the links between Trump and Putin’s Russia takes the GOP presidential nominee at his word—that he has lusted after a Trump tower in Moscow, and come up spectacularly short. But Trump’s dodge—that he has no businesses in Russia, so there is no connection to Putin—is a classic magician’s trick. Show one idle hand, while the other is actually doing the work.

The truth, as several columnists and reporters have painstakingly shown since the first hack of a Clinton-affiliated group took place in late May or early June, is that several of Trump’s businesses outside of Russia are entangled with Russian financiers inside Putin’s circle.

Link

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I wouldn't release them either until audits are complete and signed off on.

Hillary's modus operandi is to file, wait three years, admit her "tax people" made a huge omission (as in they forgot to include such and such), then file an amended return. By then, nobody notices those errors.

Whatever she files, you can bet three or four years down the road, there will be an amended return filed to "correct" her omissions and errors.
www.huffingtonpost.com...
Clinton Foundation files 4 years of amended tax returns to fix errors

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Mark Sanford, conservative republican representative from South Carolina, wrote an op-ed in the New York Times Sunday.
Mark Sanford: I Support You, Donald Trump. Now Release Your Tax Returns.

Not releasing his tax returns would hurt transparency in our democratic process, and particularly in how voters evaluate the men and women vying to be our leaders. Whether he wins or loses, that is something our country cannot afford.

Donald, it isn't just the media and your detractors calling on you to release your returns, as you stated you would be happy to do.
edit on 8/15/2016 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
Mark Sanford, conservative republican representative from South Carolina, wrote an op-ed in the New York Times Sunday.
Mark Sanford: I Support You, Donald Trump. Now Release Your Tax Returns.

Not releasing his tax returns would hurt transparency in our democratic process, and particularly in how voters evaluate the men and women vying to be our leaders. Whether he wins or loses, that is something our country cannot afford.

Donald, it isn't just the media and your detractors calling on you to release your returns, as you stated you would be happy to do.

I think Trump may refuse altogether and I think that is fine.
It's actually quite amusing to see those that would never vote for him anyway, despite what they may say, calling for him to release the returns. If I were Trump I'd release them only if they were favourable, otherwise he's just handing ammunition to his enemies. There was a panel discussing it yesterday that i watched - all said there is no win for him in releasing them.

Reading the quote you referenced above does make me chuckle. As if Trump's tax returns are even in the top 1000 reasons that 'transparency in our democratic process' is under attack.

You may recall that Mark Sanford was the man who made a big deal about the 'article 12' comment and went public with it. He's no supporter of Trump, just another RINO.
edit on 15/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
I wouldn't release them either until audits are complete and signed off on.

Hillary's modus operandi is to file, wait three years, admit her "tax people" made a huge omission (as in they forgot to include such and such), then file an amended return. By then, nobody notices those errors.

Whatever she files, you can bet three or four years down the road, there will be an amended return filed to "correct" her omissions and errors.
www.huffingtonpost.com...
Clinton Foundation files 4 years of amended tax returns to fix errors

Correct - and she just happened to alter 4 years worth of returns recently because she 'forgot' to disclose foreign investment... Trump should just ignore every call from any person publicly telling him what to do. Let them wind themselves up.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

What was the original reason high level politicians released their tax information.

Richard Nixon didn’t release any tax returns. Nor did Democrat Hubert Humphrey.

www.factcheck.org...

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

www.factcheck.org...

You missed LBJ. (all I could find so far: (detailed audited statement such as one made by former President Johnson)

I actually did look it up (after my post):

www.politifact.com...
www.taxhistory.org...

The Los Angeles Times noted in 1964 that eventual Vice President Hubert Humphrey reported a net worth of $171,396 and was the "least wealthy" of the four top candidates in the running. His running mate President Lyndon Johnson was the wealthiest. Johnson was the only one out of four candidates who provided no net worth, only partial financials.

Nixoneventually released a slew of financial information to the public in December 1973, including the previous four years of tax returns, to try to quell the criticism. He asked a congressional committee to examine them, too.

edit on 15-8-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

www.factcheck.org...

You missed LBJ.

www.politifact.com...
www.taxhistory.org...

The Los Angeles Times noted in 1964 that eventual Vice President Hubert Humphrey reported a net worth of $171,396 and was the "least wealthy" of the four top candidates in the running. His running mate President Lyndon Johnson was the wealthiest. Johnson was the only one out of four candidates who provided no net worth, only partial financials.

That quote relates to net worth. Trump has already released all his financials and the media could find nothing to attack him with. It's only his tax returns that he is yet to release, which give almost no indication of net worth.
edit on 15/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

www.factcheck.org...

You missed LBJ.

www.politifact.com...
www.taxhistory.org...

That quote relates to net worth. Trump has already released all his financials and the media could find nothing to attack him with. It's only his tax returns that he is yet to release, which give almost no indication of net worth.

Its actually kind of complicated.

Some are a definite YES - - - the rest are not.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Still no returns.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
And hilarity ensues...

Trump supporters defend GOP nominee as ‘a genius’ with taxes

Most of these poor schlubs supporting this idiot pay more taxes than he does. On their SSI, on their unemployment insurance, on their pensions, and on their paltry incomes. And they are going to vote for one of the 1%ers who gets and takes all the advantages they never had or will have.

Real hilarity.

top topics

<< 20  21  22   >>

join