It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friendly Reminder: Donald Trump Still Hasn’t Released His Tax Returns

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Friendly Reminder: Donald Trump Still Hasn’t Released His Tax Returns

Meanwhile, Donald Trump has failed to release any of his tax returns, raising questions about what he might be hiding.

That being audited BS doesn't fly. I say he's definitely hiding something. Maybe even something crazy like all his contributions to HRC. Ha.

Trump’s hidden tax returns take on new significance

As another veteran figure in the defense world and political affairs wrote to me this morning: “In normal times, this [the Russian hacking] would be the lead on all network news. But these are not normal times. I am having trouble getting through to some people that this is a real thing. The very people who always say “follow the money” with regard to the Pentagon [or other boondoggle bureaucracies] don’t see that (a) Trump has been kept afloat for about 15 years by Russian oligarchs; and (b) Russia has a powerful incentive to see a US president who will end economic sanctions.

The Russian connection. Hacking.

6 theories for why Donald Trump won’t release his tax returns

1. He has Russian ties. (See above.)

2. He is being audited. I mean, maybe. Trump could, of course, release his tax returns even while he is under an audit. Richard Nixon did it in 1973.

3. He did not pay any taxes. The scant evidence we have on Trump's approach to taxation gives this theory credence. A 1981 report by New Jersey gambling regulators showed that Trump did not pay any taxes at all for two years in the 1970s. How? Because as a developer he was able to report negative income. (Here's a good explanation of how he could do that.)

4. He has mob ties. The idea that Trump has links to organized crime has been kicking around for decades. But they've come much more to the fore since he began running for president. Ted Cruz, during a late February interview on "Meet the Press," brought the accusation into the presidential race: "There have been multiple media reports about Donald's business dealings with the mob, with the mafia. Maybe his taxes show those business dealings are a lot more extensive than has been reported."

Mitt Romney, the party's 2012 presidential nominee, also offered a version of the mob theory in a May Facebook post.

5. He donates no — or very little — money to charity. Again, this is a theory with some meat on the bone. The Washington Post's David Fahrenthold had spent weeks contacting charities in hopes of tracking down the "millions" Trump says he has donated to various organizations over the past seven years. The total amount of charitable giving Fahrenthold found? $10,000. So ...

6. He is not as rich as he says. Nailing down Trump's personal wealth is a massive challenge. He says $10 billion. Others say $3 billion. Still others insist he is worth far less than either number. Trump takes considerable personal pride in touting his net worth and using it as a blunt instrument to respond to any charge that he has ever failed in life. Tax returns are tough to fudge; they nail down exactly how much you make in a year. Just the raw numbers. It would be hard for Trump to argue his way out of a yearly salary that doesn't befit a billionaire.

Hmmm. The Russians again.

Oh...and my personal favorite...

MARK CUBAN: Maybe Donald Trump isn't releasing his tax returns because Hillary Clinton 'made more' money

And first runner up...

Moishe Mana says he’ll give $1M to charity if Trump reveals his tax returns

Will WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange Release Trump Tax Returns?

If it is a fair and balanced leaker, then it's next move is self-evident. The IRS has proven to be a fairly easy target for hackers, admitting in February that more than 700,000 accounts had been accessed. If Wikileaks wants to to be seen as a equal opportunity leaker, it would release Donald Trump's tax returns.

My best guess is that there's been more than a bit of co-mingling of charitable and campaign contributions and maybe even financial business backers with his personal accounts, as in that the veteran donations website (that he took his sweet time about turning over and maybe even accounting for honestly) and his campaign donations website (that he said he'd never take from people) being exactly the same website, which probably dumps right into his personal account in both cases.

And I don't believe it's the IRS audit lie that's preventing it. I think they're trying to swizzle the books to cover this. Or something.

Anyway, we always demand this of our presidential candidates, to see their tax returns. It's a big thing. It's a way of keeping it real. So why then are some of us not demanding this from him?

Please advise. Or excuse away.

Tax History Project: Presidential Tax Returns

edit on 7/26/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

+26 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
you dare criticize Trump on ats, get ready for nonsensical logic and deflections.
you'll get more replies about other people or candidates than you will about Trump.

but I don't think Trump needs to provide anything to his worshippers. I don't think trump will provide anything. it makes no difference at this point.

vote Trump. let's be great together.
edit on 26-7-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
He's a victim of over regulation by big government operatives.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Just a friendly reminder is all.

And I'm not criticizing. Just asking for the reasons people are willing to let this slide.

Looking forward to hearing the answers. Truly.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

6 theories for why Donald Trump won’t release his tax returns

1. He has Russian ties. (See above.)

2. He is being audited. I mean, maybe. Trump could, of course, release his tax returns even while he is under an audit. Richard Nixon did it in 1973.

3. He did not pay any taxes. The scant evidence we have on Trump's approach to taxation gives this theory credence. A 1981 report by New Jersey gambling regulators showed that Trump did not pay any taxes at all for two years in the 1970s. How? Because as a developer he was able to report negative income. (Here's a good explanation of how he could do that.)

4. He has mob ties. The idea that Trump has links to organized crime has been kicking around for decades. But they've come much more to the fore since he began running for president. Ted Cruz, during a late February interview on "Meet the Press," brought the accusation into the presidential race: "There have been multiple media reports about Donald's business dealings with the mob, with the mafia. Maybe his taxes show those business dealings are a lot more extensive than has been reported."

Mitt Romney, the party's 2012 presidential nominee, also offered a version of the mob theory in a May Facebook post.

5. He donates no — or very little — money to charity. Again, this is a theory with some meat on the bone. The Washington Post's David Fahrenthold had spent weeks contacting charities in hopes of tracking down the "millions" Trump says he has donated to various organizations over the past seven years. The total amount of charitable giving Fahrenthold found? $10,000. So ...

6. He is not as rich as he says. Nailing down Trump's personal wealth is a massive challenge. He says $10 billion. Others say $3 billion. Still others insist he is worth far less than either number. Trump takes considerable personal pride in touting his net worth and using it as a blunt instrument to respond to any charge that he has ever failed in life. Tax returns are tough to fudge; they nail down exactly how much you make in a year. Just the raw numbers. It would be hard for Trump to argue his way out of a yearly salary that doesn't befit a billionaire.

Oh...and my personal favorite...

MARK CUBAN: Maybe Donald Trump isn't releasing his tax returns because Hillary Clinton 'made more' money

Check, check, check.......oh heck! I choose all of the above!

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Perhaps he is hiding something, Perhaps not. Lets not forget the DNC and their under-the-thumb medai pushed this tax return fiasco as hard as they could.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Is he legally obligated to release them to be POTUS?

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Or, he's shrewd and is holding back his tax info to give them rope. When he does release them later on in the campaign it will make them look like fools. Typical Trump, if your adversary wants something don't give it to them until it's to your advantage.

STM

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Don't know, Don't care. But it's been the tradition, and most have done so. Check it. Tax History Project: Presidential Tax Returns

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Here's a blast from the, not so distant, past!

History mandates presidential candidates release tax returns, but not how many

No law requires presidential candidates to release their tax returns, but history does. President Obama’s re-election campaign is pressuring their Republican challenger Mitt Romney to release more of his tax returns. He has released one year, and one estimate’s worth thus far. That should suffice, says the Romney camp.
When then Sen. Barack Obama ran against Hillary Clinton in the 2008 Democratic primary, his campaign similarly pressured her to release tax returns. A month after Obama released six years of returns, Clinton followed suit. The 2008 Republican nominee Sen. John McCain released two years of tax returns that year as well.

Going back to 1996, Republican Sen. Bob Dole released 30 years of tax returns ahead of the election, and in 1992 Bill Clinton released 12 years of tax returns (although critics said it wasn’t enough). On and on it goes: Michael Dukakis released five years of returns when he ran in 1988, and George H.W. Bush forced Ronald Reagan’s hand as both released their returns in the lead-up to the Republican nomination in 1980.

PolitiFact found only seven presidential or vice president candidates since 1976 have refused to release any tax returns. Romney is not among them, though he was in 2008. Those seven include five Republicans, one Democrat, and one Green Party: Jerry Brown, Pat Buchanan, Mike Huckabee, Steve Forbes, Rudy Giuliani, Richard Lugar, Ralph Nader.

Many have pointed out that it was George Romney (Mitt’s dad) who started this trend when he released 12 years of tax returns in November 1963, a full year prior to the 1964 election, saying one year just wouldn’t be enough.
www.msnbc.com...

edit on 26-7-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

a reply to: odzeandennz

Just a friendly reminder is all.

And I'm not criticizing. Just asking for the reasons people are willing to let this slide.

Looking forward to hearing the answers. Truly.

the same reason $hillary can get away with perjury.

its politics, the only thing politicians can do wrong is get caught right away. because the longer they sleep on an inquiry, or delay it, the likely nothing will come of it.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Individual income tax returns are private, and they do not legally need to be released in order to run for any national public office (or any local or statewide office, at least as far as I can tell). Typically, however, serious candidates for President release their returns, and typically do so sometime in the primary season.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I wonder if he will release his school records and birth certificate like Obama did ... oh .. wait

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Would be great if it was released, i firmly believe paying taxes is a obligation in society with no exception..

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I have not forgotten.

As I understand it, there are no laws that require it.

Its done voluntarily.

Hasn't everyone else volunteered?

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
So why don't you release yours?

As the IRS is a tool for the current administration, don't you think there would be newz about some potential indiscretion if there was one?!

The left just wants to bandy about the large wealth that he earns and say that he is not for the common folk.

I would't release mine either.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
that mentality is that of an simple indentured servant. Have fun.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Most rich people file extensions, there are many reasons. Perhaps he has not done them yet, as he has until October 15th to file them. Therefor, there may truly be nothing to release... until then.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Last time this was discussed it was about Bernie Sanders' tax returns.

I will say now what I said then:

What business is it of yours or anyone what is on someones tax return? There's no legal obligation to release them to anyone. It's a stupid argument and its an unnecessary invasion of privacy.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Don't know, Don't care. But it's been the tradition, and most have done so. Check it. Tax History Project: Presidential Tax Returns

See the link....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join