It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLM Leader Shaun King predicts American coup.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Trump is not qualified to be Commander In Chief; the Pentagon may feel the need to act

Well he is a candidate - how do you rationalize a military coup going against the wishes of the electorate,,sounds more like fascism to me

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Do the armed militia groups riot on a regular basis? Also, those groups are under heavy scrutiny and have been busted down by the feds in many cases already because of what happened in OKC.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Didn't you know - it's perfectly fine to want a revolution when it comes to gun rights, but not when it comes to equality rights...
What rights do black people not have?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Yep. Interesting study, isn''t it. Wonder what's at the root of it?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Were they responsible for the deaths of over 30 cops ?

With the Dallas shootings, 31 law enforcement officers have died in the line of duty so far this year, compared with 18 officers who had died at this point in 2015, according the statistics from the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund.

www.latimes.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
a reply to: neo96

Wow some here forget they are always bleating for a revolution on ATS.
I thought you would be lauding this guy...

Didn't you know - it's perfectly fine to want a revolution when it comes to gun rights, but not when it comes to equality rights...

FYI more WHITEs are shot by the police than 'blacks'.

SO just exactly WHAT rights are being denied?

Police kill more whites than blacks, but minority deaths generate more outrage
edit on 18-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Yep. Interesting study, isn''t it. Wonder what's at the root of it?

Oh, oh, oh ... let me!

Geez, you guys are predictable. Actually, you meant racism.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The usual pattern of quoting some random statistic (usually out of any significant context) that seems to favor the (racist) argument that Black Americans are intrinsically more violent, less responsible, etc. than, let's face it, White folks, is always followed up by some out of left field false equivalency question like "where's the equality?"

Statistics only mean something when normalized for population differences, and further, the additional demography that is almost NEVER mentioned here is economic status.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Oh yeah people King is a real 'winner'.

twitter.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

that Black Americans are intrinsically more violent

You're right, they're not (they are).

Black people are clearly more violent and prone to committing violent acts than any other race in the country. Yeah, white people are committing more crime, but white people aren't 13% of the population.

Stop apologizing for your race. Do something real about it. Blaming it on racism isn't helping. Black people are far more violent, commit far more crimes, and it's STILL white peoples fault.

Per capita.

Black people need to get real. White people kill more cops. Yeah, barely, and we make up a a much larger percentage.

Bet I'm going to get modded even though I didn't post anything but facts.

It's always my fault, pHillary told me to listen more.

edit on 1820160720161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh goody, you found one example.

Here's my example:

Meanwhile, earlier this year on June 17, Dylann Roof murdered nine people at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston, S.C. During the attack, Roof told the parishioners he had targeted them because they were Black, saying, “You rape our women, and you’re taking over our country.”

Authorities apprehended Roof the following day in an uneventful arrest. Officers described the killer as “polite” and “quiet,” and pictures show what appeared to be a calm situation.

A controversial aspect of Roof’s arrest, though, was the fact that an officer purchased Burger King for Roof to eat. But according to FindLaw, to not give Roof, who had not eaten in a couple of days, something to eat would have violated his basic civil rights: “A criminal suspect is entitled to humane treatment, no matter how heinous the alleged crime. If you were not treated humanely, for instance, if you were deprived of food and water or if you were beaten either during police questioning or while in a holding cell, your rights may have been violated.”

In Baltimore this past April, Freddie Gray was denied the civil rights that officers were sure to award Roof. Gray was arrested and placed, without a seatbelt, in the back of a police van. Gray asked for medical assistance but was not given any. Gray was thrown around in the back of the van and ultimately suffered a fatal spinal cord injury. While officers were sure to get Roof food and drink during his arrest, Gray was refused necessary medical attention, which ultimately cost him his life.

www.diversityinc.com...

And that's just one example of the violent treatment. There's also just getting pulled over more, or the "driving while black" situation:

In all four kinds of searches analyzed in this report, black and Hispanic motorists were significantly more likely to be searched, and white motorists were significantly more likely than Hispanic motorists to be caught with contraband. In three of four kinds of searches, white motorists were significantly more likely than black motorists to be caught with contraband. In the one exception to this pattern (consent searches of drivers), black motorists were only 6% more likely than white motorists to be caught with contraband. This hit-rate pattern generally holds when the different types and amounts of contraband are disaggregated.

www.aclu-il.org...

Equal treatment. It ain't happenin'.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I really wish Shaun King would go share that BLM sentiment down on the south/west sides of Chicago... Oh, that's right, we only care about the white officer on black guy crimes...

Also, I don't believe Shaun King is intelligent enough to coordinate a "coup" against the US and it's mighty military... They can try, but they will lose..

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Like I said, I saw with my own eyes two armed police stops yesterday, one with at least six cars, guns out. That was a white guy. The other was a kid of indeterminate race. In other words, he wasn't dark enough to say minority, but not what I would call lily white. Had dark curly hair, but it was blowing too free and too loose of curls to be definitely African-American textured. But he looked all of 16 or 17.

But you know, only black guys get stopped and searched at gun point ...

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

You know black people are super anti LGBT right?

I get the impression that you support them because you think they're on you're side against the cis white man.

Go transgendering in a black neighborhood and get back to me.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
So, an american coup being predicted/suggested if Trump wins?? Hmmm, so basically the BLM is stating "if we don't get our own way, expect a violent sudden overtake of the Govt..."

Honestly, so glad that this movement is peaceful and tolerant of others... It's seriously a wonderful thing!

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

What a stupid retort. I want EVERYONE to get equal treatment under the laws. Even people I don't agree with. Even people I don't like. Even a dork like you.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: TheBulk

He isn't calling for it. He's saying he sees it as a potential event if Donald Trump is elected.

There is NO language in that quote "calling" for a coup.

It's a conditional veiled threat. It's conditional on Trump becoming president. The threat is indirect by trying to insinuate third parties potential activities when in fact, it would be thus clown trying to organize the coup.

Cheers - Dave

And this guy has NO power to really implement this veiled threat, so its not really a big deal unless people have an agenda to make it one.

I've found some article on Brietbart (not my usual source) that claims he is no longer part of BLM, but a "senior justice writer for the NY Daily News." (That is his bio on twitter as well.) LINK He is controversial to say the least. The current BLM organization does not have him as a leader. So, there's that.

He does have a following on twitter and he does still tweet in favor of BLM. He also calls them a "peaceful group started by peaceful people."

Honestly, I think this isolated quote has been picked up and amplified to CREATE more division, more anger, more "white fear of the black man" and to, at its deepest level, serve as click-bait. Nothing more.

edit on 18-7-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Here's one I saw someone mention yesterday:

REPOST July 8th: Bombshell Proof Emerges Black Lives Matter Pushing For Martial Law And No Elections After Hacked Twitter DM's Find BLM Leaders Scheming With Obama Administration
Only days ago, the Twitter account of one of the leaders of Black Lives Matter, Deray McKesson, was hacked according to this story from the Baltimore Sun. The account was then used by the hacker(s) to send out pro-Donald Trump tweets while belittling 'Black Lives Matter'. Interestingly enough, a series of direct message conversations between McKesson and another leader of Black Lives Matter, Johnetta Elzie, has just been made public and the conversation that took place between McKesson and Elzie as seen in the screenshots below should be sending up another huge red flag to America:

edit on 18-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
The usual pattern of quoting some random statistic (usually out of any significant context)

And by "random" you mean official statistics by the FBI and DOJ.

that seems to favor the (racist) argument that Black Americans are intrinsically more violent, less responsible

The facts are the facts and that's all anyone is saying. Your brain made up the rest. Draw your own conclusions WHY your brain came up with that.

Statistics only mean something when normalized for population differences, and further, the additional demography that is almost NEVER mentioned here is economic status.

No that's an excuse you're trying to add. Lots of other groups are poor and still don't have anywhere near the same crime rate as black Americans.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

You called me a dork. I can't get mad because I think that's weirdly charming and it's very accurate.

I only have one response.

No u!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join