It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLM Leader Shaun King predicts American coup.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Next up? He's arrested.

No? Hmmmm. I wonder if it's because his actions have been sanctioned by the current administration.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: TheBulk

Is this a black coup exclusively? I mean, is he implying a BLM coup?

If so, that's racist and subject to racial descrimination litigation by class action.

He seemed to reference Turkey, so that implies a military coup. We know that it could one day prove necessary for the military to remove the CIC, but impeachment ought to remove that option from the table.

Anyone with half a brain should realize from the political climate at the moment that if Trump DOES get elected, if he so much as puts a whisker wrong, he'd be the object of a bipartisan impeachment attempt faster than anyone here could likely start the thread. That's how much the political elites in Washington HATE the idea of Trump presidency. There would be no circling of the wagons.

The irony is that the press would herald it as healing Washington or some such crap, and with Pence as his VP pick, he has no insurance against it.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AMNicks

Agreed, but this is systematically an attempt to push the idea of a "revolution".

Agreed, but not on the part of Shaun King. There are people who want to see a "race war" in the United States, and this sort of misrepresentation serves that cause.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Anyone with half a brain should realize from the political climate at the moment that if Trump DOES get elected, if he so much as puts a whisker wrong, he'd be the object of a bipartisan impeachment attempt faster than anyone here could likely start the thread.

And that would constitute a coup, albeit a legal one.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

For the sake of argument, lets say that he is asking for a coup.

To what end?

What are the goals?

What would change because of the coup?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Why is the word " Coup " being used?

A " Coup " is when fractions within the establishment i.e. The Military or Parties Or Elites Within The Government Apparatus try to take over complete control of a country or state .

This chap is talking either revolt or civil war. Certainly not a " Coup "

link   
He is not calling for a coup, he is predicting one. As such he is indeed trying to sew the seeds. I think he is way off track though. The police and military are with Trump. All we will see is more violence from BLM, but if Trump is President then it will be stamped out - probably with a lot of dead people as the result.
edit on 18/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: DJW001

Not really.

It's the legal process. Impeachment is designed to remove a president who acts flagrantly against the law.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

A " Coup " is when fractions within the establishment i.e. The Military or Parties Or Elites Within The Government Apparatus try to take over complete control of a country or state .

Exactly. He's just blowing smoke, I'd suggest because in his little fantasy world he thinks he is relevant.

link   
Not the smartest thing to do, calling for a coup before trying to do so.

Welcome to my club.

Dumbass

link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: introvert
Well, it does not appears that he actually called for a coup and who is this white guy at BLM everyone is talking about?

Shaun King is African American.

you are fooling yourself if you think we’re far from having a coup our own selves,” King tweeted. “I’m dead serious.

"we're" and "I'm dead serious" sounds to me that he is calling for one. He wrote it in such a way that sure, "technically" he is not calling for one, but anyone with rational thought should be able to decipher that.

It'd take a lot more than BLM to create a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from the government.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Probably because most people these days don't really bother to learn what a word actually means. They use them because they think they sound all cool and dangerous ... sexy, but they end up not exactly getting them in the right context.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: ketsuko

And Obama was qualified because ...?

Look if Hillary whom the FBI admitted committed violations of federal law that render her unfit to hold public office can run for President, then Trump is at least as qualified as she is.

Most of the Founders, many of whom had less education than any of today's candidates, hammered out what became our COTUS, would be laughed out of the arena if they tried to run today, but nevertheless, many of them also became POTUS.

This is true. Trumps main experience is in business and money, which the country needs right now. As far as being qualified, the President has advisers in every given field. They do not need military experience much for instance, because an experienced General would take care of that.

But they need to be able to put together a team of advisers... there is no evidence Trump knows how to do this, given his track record of failed businesses.

I keep hearing about Trumps "failed businesses". He has ran so many that of course some will fail. He obviously has proven that overall, he knows what he is doing. He is certainly more qualified than Obama or Hilary. Much of being a good leader has more to do with common sense and logic.

link   
a reply to: LSU0408

I'm not being hateful nor am I lying.

I'm only pointing out the words he spoke do not say he's going to start a coup. The article was saying it would be "like Turkey" which was a military coup and the BLM guy was predicting it, not calling for it, if Trump was elected.

His words from the OP:

“If Donald Trump becomes President, you are fooling yourself if you think we’re far from having a coup our own selves,” King tweeted. “I’m dead serious.”

He is obviously not a Trump supporter.
Ex-CIA director was accused of saying the same thing, by the way: Link

“God, no!” Hayden exclaimed. “Let me give you a punchline: If he were to order that once in government, the American armed forces would refuse to act.” Maher responded incredulously, “What? Well, that’s quite a statement, sir.” “You cannot—you are not committed, you are not required, in fact you’re required to not follow an unlawful order," Hayden replied. "That would be in violation of all the international laws of armed conflict.” “You’ve given us a great reason not to support Trump. There would be a coup in this country," Maher cracked. Hayden said he was not sure about "a coup." "I think it's a coup that you said it," Maher said Read more: www.politico.com... Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

I don't think the CIA director meant an actual coup, but more a refusal to follow the Commander In Chief Trump if he gave them illegal orders. That's saying a lot considering.

link   
Completely!

For someone of influence to say something, rather unclear in intent. WILL be misrepresented to serve other agendas..

Just imagine if Trump had came out and said "these BLM people are bad, if they continue, someone will put a stop to them! trust me"

It would be a declaration, absolute proof of Donald trumps plan to eradicate all black people!
edit on 18-7-2016 by AMNicks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Exactly. He's just blowing smoke, I'd suggest because in his little fantasy world he thinks he is relevant.

Apparently some people are threatened by his little fantasy world or they wouldn't be circulating this rubbish.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AMNicks

Just imagine if Trump had came out and said "these BLM people are bad, if they continue, someone will put a stop to them! trust me"

The majority of his supporters would applaud that as "plain talking."

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Yes, the same way you have defended Shaun kings comments

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

He isn't calling for it. He's saying he sees it as a potential event if Donald Trump is elected.

There is NO language in that quote "calling" for a coup.

It's a conditional veiled threat. It's conditional on Trump becoming president. The threat is indirect by trying to insinuate third parties potential activities when in fact, it would be thus clown trying to organize the coup.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Probably because most people these days don't really bother to learn what a word actually means.

King spoke very precisely; he meant a coup, and pointed to Turkey as an example. That was not a popular uprising. Are you sure you know the difference?

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join