It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLM Begins "Campaign Zero"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: In4ormant

a reply to: In4ormant

That isn't an answer to my question. It is just a cop-out.

That's rich.

It would create a surveillance state. If you want that then move somewhere else.

Create a surveillance state? You say that like one doesn't already exist. You are being survailed. Right now. By someone. Possibly a government agency. Possibly a corporation. It's just a facet of life at this point.

Who Watches the Watchmen? Do you really trust a police officer's word against your word in a court of law with no other evidence? I certainly don't.

Oh no, another Big Brother post.

You speak from a position of fear and, as is normal, jump straight to absolutes.
Some cops are bad, monitor them All

You speak of Big Brother at the same time advocating it. Odd

Wait until you end up on the wrong side of a bad police officer. I'm sure you'll be singing a different tune when the law destroys your life for no reason and you can't prove it otherwise.
Three Felonies A Day: How the Feds Target the Innocent

I dont break the law so I'm good. Thanks for the concern.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Dallas Chief has a plan...

"We're hiring," Brown said. "Get off that protest line and put an application in." "We’ll put you in your neighborhood, and we’ll help you resolve some of the problems you’re protesting about,” he continued.

Put your ass where your mouth is BLM, you want white folks to fix you, or are you going to do that for yourselves and your people?

Whites let you down, you think they are going to straighten up suddenly because you have a petition?

It's the simplest, most common sense ideas that will get absolutely no where.

I wonder how many will or would sign up for policing in their own communities?

Simple answer zero you can't even get neighbirhood watches going. The police tried it failed miserably.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
1 I do not agree with but I live in Sweden where this is not done and we have the problems with people not thinking police is good for anything but violent crime. Sweden is to lax on criminals and it increases issues. Moroccan street criminals in Sweden is a perfect example where police do not do enough and are not profiling to not seem racist and more criminality follow since the Police are not putting the right surveillance on the criminals since it is a touchy subject. If there is a problem in a community with a segment of people then political correctness can limit effectiveness.

2 I would not choose community oversight since I have a feeling that can be very dodgy on getting the facts straight. I would not leave it to the local police department either so some kind of change is needed.

5 Should not matter. Protect and serve regardless of the skin color and the best person female or male for the work.

6 I like it. Good for evidence. Should be on police officers wish list to have objective evidence.

9 If there is reason for SWAT then it should be used. Since your criminals have military hardware police need it too.

The other 5 seem reasonable.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Quick story about 2 SPD cops My crime? Calling 911. My girlfriend at the time had lost her brother tragically. She decided to take some pills. I came home, found her, called 911. They tried to Baker Act her and 'she' grabbed my arm. This was after they would not let me check on my son. I asked a police officer if he would go with me to check on my son in a back room, as I realize there are cops and EMT in my home and he called me a 'wise ass'. For trying to tell him I was not going to get a weapon.

So, when she grabbed my arm they told me to let go, I said I can't, and they beat the # out of me. The whole time telling me to calm down and stop resisting. I am 6'3 and a good 220 at the time so they pepper sprayed me, slammed me to the ground so hard my glasses and my nose broke. Fat lip. Black eye. Two broken fingers from where i was hit with a baton. I have thought many times about how i could have simply been shot.

I was arrested and charged with felony assault on a LEO. Spent the night in jail. At the hospital before transfer, they both told me that I bet I want some revenge. Will call IA. They told me that if I did they would come back and do it again. Weeks after they would park down the street from my house. They lied in court and I got probation. Will always be on my record and all i did was call 911.

There are cops that suck. So, should I teach my kids to F$^% the police because I encountered a few bad ones? No, because that is ignorant but that is what is happening.

So when you tell me i do not know what I am talking about with police brutality, I do....personally.

edit on 07pm31pmf0000002016-07-12T15:46:00-05:000300 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on 07pm31pmf0000002016-07-12T15:46:38-05:000338 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
i have a issue with number 2. Letting the communities decide on a punishment is asking for Lynch mob mentality. Someone who is totally innocent can have a false claim levied against them and then be either jailed or worse. no we need something in between a civil/police/federal review board. Not vigilante justice.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
We've been down this route before - I have enough direct experience to have a view.

Who is "we"? You have a mouse in your pocket? Because "we" certainly doesn't include me as you and I haven't discussed this before.

I think the issue is simple, clouded by emotion and entrenchment.

Disparity in society means blacks do not get a fair deal (I believe this to be true form my travels all across the US for work and play) = higher instances of poverty and poorer living conditions = more strain on families and relationships = less guidance = proportionally more crime = proportionally more run ins with police = more instances of police over reaction.

That is a general path but in essence I believe it to be true. For the life of me I can't figure out why BLM are so focused on the last point when it is a consequence not a root cause of the raw deal black people get in America.

Spending a $1bn on video cameras and management for the entire police force seems like a waste of money. Blaming the police seems like a waste of energy and thought.

Just look at statistics of UK police officers killing suspects versus American police killing suspects. I believe you guys had one fatality last year. CLEARLY something more is going on here and cameras are a good way to get to the bottom of this.

If these people really cared about black lives they would represent the many black people who have already articulated that issue is farther up the chain of events that clashes with police. Absent fathers is one of the biggest issues and plays to the families, relationship and guidance points I made above.

It isn't so simple.

Apologies I thought I had explained that you before, must have been someone else.

The UK is totally different. Much like the discussion on gun crime, the UK is not comparable to the US because we have far far less inner city areas and a narrower gap in income distribution and living conditions overall. We have nothing like the gang culture you have and nothing like the inequality of opportunity. There are some hot spots of course, but rarely shootings as the police do not carry guns. You might be surprised to know though that murder rates in some of those hot spots are as high as in the US.

Quite frankly, if i were a policeman, I would be more nervous and more on edge entering a black neighbourhood in an American inner city. Is that wrong to think that? I don't know.. but I do 100% believe that solving the community problem will solve the policing problem.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

a reply to: In4ormant

That isn't an answer to my question. It is just a cop-out.

That's rich.

It would create a surveillance state. If you want that then move somewhere else.

Create a surveillance state? You say that like one doesn't already exist. You are being survailed. Right now. By someone. Possibly a government agency. Possibly a corporation. It's just a facet of life at this point.

Who Watches the Watchmen? Do you really trust a police officer's word against your word in a court of law with no other evidence? I certainly don't.

Oh no, another Big Brother post.

You speak from a position of fear and, as is normal, jump straight to absolutes.
Some cops are bad, monitor them All

You speak of Big Brother at the same time advocating it. Odd

Wait until you end up on the wrong side of a bad police officer. I'm sure you'll be singing a different tune when the law destroys your life for no reason and you can't prove it otherwise.
Three Felonies A Day: How the Feds Target the Innocent

Is there a right side of a bad police officer?? And by the way police can't destroy your life unless you actually do something. Unless of course your claiming not only police are corrupt but lawyers judges and jury's as well?? Let's be honest police are not out trying to kill black people if they were they are doing a really bad job since they arrest 99.99 percent.

This is really a non story created by todays journalism death carnage and may ham leads the discussions. The days of local news with feel good stories is over . Ratings demand termoil and chaos even if they have to create it. You can see stories being ignored people think it's because of an agenda in reality its to dull.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

Looks like those "terrorist" have some pretty extreme demands /s

which do you consider 'extreme'?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
In addition to these 10, id say to reform the psychological process. Anyone thats applied to a police department knows they have their own full-time psych employed on site.

Psychoanalysis needs to be third-party. No exceptions. There are cops that are there for all the wrong reasons.

This should be #1 on the list actually.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mizzijr
In addition to these 10, id say to reform the psychological process. Anyone thats applied to a police department knows they have their own full-time psych employed on site.

Psychoanalysis needs to be third-party. No exceptions. There are cops that are there for all the wrong reasons.

This should be #1 on the list actually.

Agree, should be primarily dealt with during recruitment, not once they have a badge.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: notquiteright

Agreed.. most of these demands are reasonable.

What I take issue with in this movement is its bias and racism. They act like white people don't get shot by cops, they also make endless excuses for real dirtbags that are obviously violent criminals. It's not an issue specifically targeting blacks although the media are guilty of only focusing on cases where blacks get shot. They don't want to talk about responsibility or the faults of black inner city ghetto culture.

It's not necessarily a problem with racism, it's a problem with the police shooting first and asking questions later: this happens to people of all races. If it happens to blacks more often it's probably because black popular culture glorifies being a thug.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

That didnt take long for people to resort to name calling and slinging mud...

Maybe we deserve to be screwed now... reasonably intelligent people cant even discuss common ground before screaming my way or the highway...

Think I need some more whiskey...

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Since whites are inherently racist, evil, et al. Seems to reason that the next highest "death by cop" are all minorities, with whites being the least.

Black, Native, Mexican, Asian, other, white. In that order.

....sigh...

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

Pretty decent proposals.
Progress...

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Mizzijr

I have been a police officer for over ten years and our psychological testing is not done in house.

It is done by seperate, private companies.

In fact, I had to drive to three different places (one 2 hours away) to complete my psychological test, psychologist interview, and polygraph test.

I wasn't aware that departments conducted their own testing.

Do you have a source for this?
edit on 12-7-2016 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Agree, should be primarily dealt with during recruitment, not once they have a badge.

It is done before being hired.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

I don't know where you are but when I was in Alabama, the two departments I went to was in-house psych test and in-house polygraphs.

Just to be clear, the ones testing are officers certified by whatever means to perform the psychoanalysis. Same goes for the polygraph.
edit on 12-7-2016 by Mizzijr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Florida.

What actual departments?

I would like to email them to verify.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Montgomery and Prattville.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I emailed them, hopefully they will respond and not think I am crazy for asking such questions!

On the topic, I would like to see officers attend sessions with psychologists more frequently, not just before they are hired.

In the past on ATS I have talked about officers reaching their "career boiling point" after letting everything they witness and deal with on a daily basis build up internally.

Many times, an officer does not realize they are at this point.

Maybe bi-yearly psychological follow ups could help.

As of now, at least for my previous department, the only time we had a mandatory debriefing with a critical stress management team is after a mass casualty incident.

We really had nothing to help with the routine suicides, traffic fatalities, natural death, sexual abuse cases, rude people etc. that we deal with.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join