It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Why are humans special and different from every other animal that has lived on Earth the last 500 million years or so?

Humans have always been different from day one, we have never been like the other animals. We humans have always been self aware in a much different way than the basic instincts animals live by. We were also build different if i can put it in that perspective, than any other animal. Every animal species have their specific way of living, non of them are exactly the same. Each one live by their restrictions of self awarenes and ability to think and cope with specific situations. The same goes for us humans. I have seen that in survival training many times. Even the strongest man fall short because he/she cant make good cals for them selves.

Moste humans wont make it today if they are stripped naked and put in the Woods With out tools a Cold night in april without basic training, and forced to make it on their own for 7 days. But some actually do because they have the ability to think and act accordingly to the situation they are in. And they have the ability to withstand the pain on the body and mind.

One of Our moste important basic insiticts are to listen to Our body and mind. You wont survive if you dont. You wont make it a night in the Woods naked in april if you dont. Your mind will just shut Down bit by bit as Your body temprature is being reduced by the Cold temprature you are exposed to.
The only way we humans will survive is if we pay attention to Our body and mind. Your mind and body will tell you what you have to do, Your Challenge is to be smart enough to get Your actions right enought to keep you alive. If you fail you will risk dying. Not form starvation, but from freezing to Death.

If you try this you will see that i am not joking. Surviving is not a joke and it is not easy. But if you make it a night naked without any Tools in -4 to +4 degrees. You will learn that you will move on, because Your mind and body will nag at you to move on to the NeXT task. You wont sleep much becasue you will die if you do. And that is what Your body and mind is telling you.

For moste of the western population this is fiction and not a part of Our daily rutine because we have a surplus of everything. Becuae of the surplus we dont need to listen to Our basic survival Instincts. We are no longer in a survival mode. But Our mind have not stopped naging about Our needs and wants.

Every society With a surplus of wealth have used their spare time to satisfy their imagination by building great Things. This is true today as well.

What is your threshold for recorded history? Written language? Pleistocene cave art? What is it that YOU are willing to accept as a historical record?

Historical records are historical records, i Accept them as i see them. I dont always Accept what i am being told. Because i have a mind and i use it.

If your cutoff for acceptable method of recording is written language, how much evolution do you expect to see in less than 6 KA? Do you understand that there are genetic differences and changes in you that did not exist in your own parents? Evolution, in simplified terms, is a measurement of the change in allele frequency over time.

There is no doubt that there is genestic differences between us. But non that have changed us in such a way that we differ from the first humans. Only our mind (thoughts) and our facial and body appearance makes us different from one another. And it always have, and it still does today. But not to such an extent that we wouldnt recognize one another as humans. No animal are the same either, they differ just like us.

If we had the ability to og back in time 500 million years. We would not go to live with the apes. No animal has ever tried to fit in and live with a different Group of species, not even 500 million years ago. Not even humans. We have forced other species to live With us under Our care.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
Humans have always been different from day one, we have never been like the other animals.

How can you possibly say that? We have the same exact DNA structure, very similar anatomy with virtually the same biological systems (heart, stomach, brains, nervous system, 5 senses, teeth, digestive organs, etc). There is no reason to believe that humans cannot experience evolution, when genetic mutations have been proven in humans and that is the primary mechanism, just as seen in other animals. The only thing that separates us from other animals is our high intelligence.

We humans have always been self aware in a much different way than the basic instincts animals live by.

Animals are not strictly instinctual. They use intelligence to make decisions as well, it's just not as advanced as human intelligence. Can you prove that other animals are not self aware? That's a pretty big assumption, considering more than one species have demonstrated the trademarks of self awareness.

We were also build different if i can put it in that perspective, than any other animal. Every animal species have their specific way of living, non of them are exactly the same. Each one live by their restrictions of self awarenes and ability to think and cope with specific situations. The same goes for us humans. I have seen that in survival training many times. Even the strongest man fall short because he/she cant make good cals for them selves.

Anatomically and genetically we are almost the same. That entire paragraph doesn't make sense. What restrictions of self awareness are you talking about?

Moste humans wont make it today if they are stripped naked and put in the Woods With out tools a Cold night in april without basic training, and forced to make it on their own for 7 days. But some actually do because they have the ability to think and act accordingly to the situation they are in. And they have the ability to withstand the pain on the body and mind.

One of Our moste important basic insiticts are to listen to Our body and mind. You wont survive if you dont. You wont make it a night in the Woods naked in april if you dont. Your mind will just shut Down bit by bit as Your body temprature is being reduced by the Cold temprature you are exposed to.

How does that prove anything if some humans can do it and others can't?

Are you trying to say that other animals DON'T listen to their body and mind?

If you put a cat out there, it will also most likely survive and outlast a human even with little to no training at all. That has nothing to do with self awareness or some magical idea that humans were created while the rest of life evolved. Different creatures have different beneficial traits. A human's primary survival traits are intellect and ability to manipulate with hands with opposable thumbs aka problem solving. A cat relies on being stealthy, and surprising prey before they know what hit them, and avoiding predators in the same way, by avoiding detection. If a cat were NOT self aware, how do you explain the drive to survive? Why would they even care if they survive if they aren't self aware? I know it delves into philosophy a bit, but there's no way to prove a cat is not self aware.

If you try this you will see that i am not joking. Surviving is not a joke and it is not easy. But if you make it a night naked without any Tools in -4 to +4 degrees. You will learn that you will move on, because Your mind and body will nag at you to move on to the NeXT task. You wont sleep much becasue you will die if you do. And that is what Your body and mind is telling you.

Sure, survival is not a joke, but suggesting that this has anything to do with creation or intelligent design is silly. Humans survived in the wilderness for the last 3 million years, using knowledge passed down from generation to generation, via trial and error. It was only the past few hundred years or so that we have had anything close to resembling a global society, where you don't have to hunt your own daily food and don't have to worry about your children starving to death or dying from disease in most places.

. Becuae of the surplus we dont need to listen to Our basic survival Instincts.

Completely false. Our basic survival instincts are eat, sleep and procreate just like all other animals. Removal from the wilderness has not changed our survival needs in the slightest, it just made them easier to satisfy.

There is no doubt that there is genestic differences between us. But non that have changed us in such a way that we differ from the first humans.

Really? So you think that homo habilis or homo erectus is exactly the same as a homo sapien? Heck, even our cousin species Neanderthalensis are noticeably different from homo sapiens. Even archaic homo sapiens from 200KYA+ differ from modern humans. Plus the lactose tolerance gene shows the opposite of your claim, since the "first humans" could not digest lactose out of childhood. How do you explain race, if all humans are the same as the originals? Race proves that they are not and that humans ARE still evolving, like all other life on earth.

Only our mind (thoughts) and our facial and body appearance makes us different from one another. And it always have, and it still does today. But not to such an extent that we wouldnt recognize one another as humans. No animal are the same either, they differ just like us.

False again. Animals mostly have hair on their face so it's harder to see unique features. They DO have unique features and personalities. If you took 50 men of the same race and they all had long hair and beards, they would look almost the same as well to the untrained eye. I have 2 black cats that are the same breed and I can easily tell them apart because they ARE unique.

If we had the ability to og back in time 500 million years. We would not go to live with the apes. No animal has ever tried to fit in and live with a different Group of species, not even 500 million years ago. Not even humans. We have forced other species to live With us under Our care.

I would hope not, since apes didn't exist 500 million years ago. Your argument makes no sense and you ignore symbiotic relationships even though they are all over nature, and consist of 2 different species working together to survive. Humans have been doing it with dogs for tens of thousands of years. Species generally stick with their own kind for procreation reasons, but there are plenty of humans today that intentionally go into the woods and live among certain species to learn about them(ie gorillas). Either way that has absolutely nothing to do with evolution of humans.

edit on 8 8 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
a reply to: peter vlar

Humans have always been different from day one, we have never been like the other animals. We humans have always been self aware in a much different way than the basic instincts animals live by.

bi-pedal, Opposable thumbs, highly encephalized (brain to body ratio), and the only creature that tames other animals.

We are Creative Creatures - the ideal vessel for the Most High Spirit to experience/enjoy the Creation.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Good god this site is getting worse.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Why are there still Europeans if Americans evolved from them?

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: selfharmonise

I know some first nations people who might object to that comment

I prefer Woody (from Cheers) comment "Why are we speaking English if we beat them?"

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: selfharmonise

Or better yet, why are there still religious trolls, when their arguments have been debunked for 20+ years?

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

originally posted by: selfharmonise

Or better yet, why are there still religious trolls, when their arguments have been debunked for 20+ years?

Selective amnesia. Their 'questions' have been answered again and again in other threads, but they always have to pretend that they're asking original questions that haven't been asked before.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Your guys are all a bunch of Homos

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Coopernicus

....sapiens. You hit send too early I am sure.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: secretboss

Perhaps humans began as humans and are now slowly reverting to monkeys.

people act more and more like animals with every passing decade.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

What?
You have a problem with animals?
We should act like minerals?

edit on 9/29/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

I'm in the boat you need to add another sapien...We are homo sapien sapien Erectus is Homo sapien erectus.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No i love monkeys.

Yes we should all act like minerals.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

You know loving monkey's too much might give you Ebola, bush meats bad!

Have you a mineral preference? I'm going to act like a mineral acid myself

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Hey I'm willing to allow for a criptid Hominin to be posting here

I'm in the modern school of it being Homo sapiens, and Homo erectus as an aside.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

This would explain politicians with all the feces throwing perhaps.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: secretboss
Why are there still monkeys? Shouldnt they have all "evolved" into humans, or human-like beings by now?

How come chimpanzees, gorillas, orangutans and other types of monkeys aren't building their own primitive civilizations? Where are their cave paintings?

If evolution was true, shouldnt monkeys be resembling primitive cavemen by now?

I don't even.... ok, how can I say this without getting a warning and sounding disrespectful.

You need to get basic education before venturing into a question like that...........................

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: flice

Someone was either parroting some very old creationist arguments or trolling to be honest.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
I'm in the boat you need to add another sapien...We are homo sapien sapien Erectus is Homo sapien erectus.

I love it when you talk that way to me!

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join