It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLM trying to shut down freeway in AZ

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Here's a liveleak

Well they certainly have us talking about them. Only problem is I'm pretty sure just about everyone is getting real tired of their crap.

Apparently another group "not affiliated" with BLM clashed with police.

I wish they would have given it a day or two.

Stay safe guys and gals!

ETA:

Looks like it's clearing out a bit but another group is now taking a different route or something.
edit on 0920160720161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I get protesting, but what does attempting to shut down a highway down do to help their message?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

They claim it forces people to listen. It really just pisses everyone off.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

They claim it forces people to listen. It really just pisses everyone off.

The Trump protesters did that same thing up here in Washington state, but all it did was make people angry, and I saw the police arresting them after they made a human chain across the state highway. They yelled at them on a PA system, but they just ignored the police. No one cared at all about the protesters if they had any message, and viewed them as imbeciles.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

So if I stopped you from eating, getting medical attention, breathing. . . . but only did it to get your attention, it's ok?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Annnnnnnd they're throwing rocks at cops

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Cops dispersing the crowds with pepper spray.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I swear a lot of these people just show up to take selfies and crappy video.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
It looks like around 150 people from the feed. That reporter is really encouraging them to do something.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

There is a lot of truth in what you just said.

This generation is obsessed with themselves.

They constantly take pictures and videos of themselves doing nothing.

We shouldn't call them "millennials", we should call them "selfies".

I believe a large number of the people showing up are doing it to have something cool to post on facebook/twitter etc.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I'm hoping it doesn't pop off. It seems like the stragglers are usually the trouble makers.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

I really think social media has had a very negative impact on a lot of people, especially younger people.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Doesn't look like they are about any violence, but that's only my point of view.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

It looks like it's calming down a lot. Problem is it only takes one idiot getting arrested to set others off.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a play by play of the night's events...

www.azcentral.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

well the story is on Azcentral's homepage....it won't let me fix the link

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
If BLM want people to take them seriously, they should distance themselves and condemn groups and acts like this, which are senseless.
edit on AM6Sat20161972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   

imho,

it does NOT help their message.

But they are clueless useful idiots of TPTB who merely use them to help create chaos and the destruction of the "Old Order" to help make way for easier overt establishment of the "New Order" . . . as new as old Babylon.

Certainly it helps get more thousands thoroughly irate at them . . . causing deeper and more intense fractures in the social fabric.

I wonder if an earthquake is going to go off soon to mirror the fractures in the social and moral fabric?

Interesting times . . . in the Chinese sense of the phrase.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy1972
If BLM want people to take them seriously, they should distance themselves and condemn groups and acts like this, which are senseless.

1. Mob-GROUP-THINK mentalities are not that given to thinking--period. And they are certainly not given to thinking that seriously and productively.

2. EMOTION is the currency of the mob mentality; the GROUP-THINK mentality; the IN-GROUP vs OUT-GROUP dynamic and dance.

3. Destruction is the spleen-venting recreation of the moment. . . . the "justified vengeance" . . . "Take Whitey Down! Now!" is the chant . . . failing to realize that whatever degree Whitey is taken down--most of the ranters will end up lower, still.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join