It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas shooting!

page: 118
<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Just saw a transcript in FOX of initial police reports...Dispatcher announced building with rifleS pointing out of windowS.

I'll trust calm analysis by those involved as the cops collate what they saw and experienced over the initial dispatch call.

Nobody...dispatchers included...gets all the facts correct while it is happening.

While that's true, Dallas Police Chief, during the press conference, said the surviving suspect admitted to shooting, also. So the reports of rifles in windows is plausible.

I was watching the events unfold via the first link provided in this thread. I think it was WAFF, who had a reporter on scene for the protest and was on-site and filming when the shooting started. There were numerous interviews with eye witnesses shown. One of those interviewees claimed he heard a guy the end of the march saying that people were going to die tonight then saw him open fire on the police officers who had been at the protest.
Another witness who was at the hotel said she saw shots coming from an high-rise building across the street.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Hmm a shower of sparks may mean steel jacket or commonly called AP rounds, in that case vests cars etc are useless.
If that's true then we are very lucky there were so few killed...any news on the type of ammo used?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I thought last night it was mention by the media they took 3 people in custody and not cooperating which should raise a red flag. Strange but who knows.

edit on 8-7-2016 by usaman1983 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
I guess they will better know if there really was more than one shooter or not based on the weapons recovered compared to the bullets recovered? And bullet holes.

The official story now is just the one shooter, Micha Johnson.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Yeah the story seems to keep changing all the time because I was following it last night for quite a while. It's all been very strange.
a reply to: usaman1983

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: usaman1983

They do have the right to remain silent, and any lawyer would tell you it is the right thing to do.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

For now, but look at how much it has changed/morphed.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I would think that the others who were supposedly captured would be having searches conducted at their dwellings also, as the guy who died did.

Anyone in Dallas with a scanner and knowledge of police codes?.

They receive and transmit on scrambled frequencies, but those scanners are still out there....

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK
In any main event/tragedy the first 24/48 hours reports are always sketchy..The media is known for this i.e trying to be the first to break the news even though it has not been vetted.Give it time..

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I think that maybe the news agencies did a bit of jumping to conclusions after interviewing witnesses on site.

Witness interviews are frequently confusing.

I have a dash cam because the excitement and stress of an accident is easier to describe with audio and video of the event than trying to formulate a clear statement immediately afterward.

Never been in an accident though.....
edit on 8-7-2016 by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I would figure a wee bit of suppression of reporting on events similar to the Dallas one is in order on this hot summer weekend with all of the leftover fireworks from the fourth and how jittery some may be because of the events in Dallas , Louisiana and Minnesota and the coverage of those events

Strangely, not much else coming out about all that much of anything for most of the day.
edit on 8-7-2016 by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Why are they pushing the lone gunman theory?? I heard at least 2 and as high as 4 gunman, but now they suggest "lone gunman"...

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Posted earlier on a now closed thread...

Early Press Conference by DPD

First few seconds he uses the word "triangulate"

Not the first time an attack has been triangulated down town. Probably not the kind of rhetoric they want floating around the news.

I watched it from the beginning last night until 3:30 in the morning. The wording and story has definitely changed.

Kind of amazing how the language develops over time, it's not everyday you get in on a story from the ground up and are fully aware of the details from the get go. This is my home town and I live 20 min from the incident so it's interesting to see reports come in from all over the world with their slight twist after twist on the story.

Conspiracy or just the reality of an unfolding crisis?

The story that they are pushing now is one guy got the drop on a large number of cops leading to 5 deaths, only nicked ONE civilian, and managed to evade arrest for 6 hours when EVERY cop in Dallas was downtown. First we were told he shot himself, but turns out a maiden voyage of Jonny Five swept in with a bomb to take the guy down. Quite a night.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

Why are they pushing the lone gunman theory?? I heard at least 2 and as high as 4 gunman, but now they suggest "lone gunman"...

Did you notice that the police chief was not present today when the governor and mayor gave the press conference. I have a feeling that chief is not buying the lone gunman story and isn't willing to push it in public.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: jhn7537

Did you notice that the police chief was not present today when the governor and mayor gave the press conference. I have a feeling that chief is not buying the lone gunman story and isn't willing to push it in public.

I wondered about his absence myself. I was waiting for this conference so I could hear him say 'lone gunman' from his own mouth.

He stated the two shooters and vowed to find the rest of the suspects during the noon-time prayer service.
edit on 8-7-2016 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

He KNOWS. I wonder who pushed the lone gunman story onto the mayor and governor, and why.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

He KNOWS. I wonder who pushed the lone gunman story onto the mayor and governor, and why.

The snippets of the earlier press conference now being pushed have been cherry-picked. No mention of Chief Brown's 2 shooter statement.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

They had to find a way to get the "multiple" gunmen theme off the books.

All the recent mass killings are "Lone".

"Multiple" is too close to ISIS style attacks.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Kind of OT, but I have a funky feeling (that I hope pans out to be nothing) about Atlanta tonight. Can anyone who knows all the livestream sites & citizen journalists to watch put together a thread with links for tonight's protest? I'm reading that a pretty big crowd of really pissed protesters are swarming the CNN building currently.

Quick edit: link of what I mean about the protesters:
www.mediaite.com...
edit on 7/8/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

finger prints and DNA, will tell how many. ballistics will tell what rifle fired what if any projectile/ bullets are recovered that can be analyzed

top topics

<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join