It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Man's Sky has gone GOLD!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I've already forwarned hubby that he will be a widower once again.

He was a widower with Fallout 3 and Skyrim... and now I'll be weaving my way through the universe until my eyeballs pop out of my head.

*belts out an evil cackle*

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

just don't complain when the skinamax bill is through the roof =P. This is why I am always without a date I prefer painters or librarian type ladies because I am a gamer, we can't both be gamers wtf mind blown considering the idea!

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Late bloomer to the party...

I bought my copy on Steam in June after the delay...don't really remember reading/hearing about it before recently, around Jun 1.

Can't wait for this to roll out.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
30 minutes to go for the PC launch...

It is about time!

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Although the game is ground breakingly massive, what I've seen has been, shall we say, underwhelming. It seems to me that the premise of the game is to work your butt off mining to buy stuff to work your butt off mining to buy stuff to work your butt off mining to..... Kinda like our consumer driven society.

As big as the game is, is mining interesting enough to keep at it so long? I mean, I'm already bored from just watching my friends play it.

Would people be as interested if it was simply called " Space Miner"?

I dunno, maybe I'm just to old to see it.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I am loving this game so far.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
ive heard this game is amazing.

Its going to be my next gamming purchase. Then Andromeda next when it comes out.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Ditto!

Been getting pretty poor performance on PC though
seems very poorly optimised. It'll run perfectly for an hour or so and then BAM! 5-10fps and my eyes screech out in pain and I turn it off for a bit. *shudder*

edit on 15 8 2016 by kaelci because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Hi kaelci. You seem to know a bunch about this stuff.

Do you think it will have the sam issues for the playstation? I have a ps4.

My names dave btw. Nice to meet you.
edit on 15-8-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

You so silly.

(you have mail)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I don't get the performance issue some are getting.

I'm playing on a gaming laptop MSI GT 72 and it runs smooth as a knife through butter with a steady 60 FPS with unoticeble dips to 50 FPS.

There do though seem to be a memory leak as in rare cases the game grinds to a hold with 1 FPS, happened to me twice in two long gaming sessions.

When that is said i find the game pretty boring, there is really not much to explore considering the game have 18 quintillion planets.

It really needs quest other than the atlas one, when you have fully opgraded exosuit, gun and bought a god inventory ship the game is kind of empty, hunting words is silly as you have gotten the most from aliens knowing only a handfull.

I enjoyed the time played up to this though.

I'll give it 7.5 of 10.
edit on 15-8-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Oh, my!

I am having fun with this, but I love the idea of scanning the hell out of everything and naming it whatever I want. Today, I found the bouncing ambulatory pineapple critters. So I called them Triffids, but then I went to the parent planet of the moon I found them on and found two more varieties there, so nothing to do but name them for the variation in the "head" foliage - Hippietriff and Punkietriff.

I also almost get killed on a planet I named Cyanogen. Place was toxic as hell but it had a bunch of nice rare elements. Too bad the sentinels will chase you and attack you to death if you have even just a little. So on top of quickly eroding environmental protection, I was being chased by not just flying sentinels but their little robo-attack dogs too, and when I got back to my ship, that's when I realized I was out of plutonium and couldn't take off ... Guess what Cyanogen did not have as a common element?

So me eroding, burning, being shot at butt had to run all over looking for the one element that usually is everywhere ... unless you're on planet Cyanogen ...

I've also had no performance issues, but I think they are graphics linked because my husband has the same processor chip and much lower end graphics card and his game runs a lot slower than mine. He's had to lower his graphics, but mine have not been touched.
edit on 17-8-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Thanks to Hello Games I can now live out the fantasy Carl Sagan instilled in me with his journeys in his Spaceship of the Imagination , this game is that and more , a real adventure.

No Man's Sky isn't perfect but I think it is brilliant , I have no doubt that over the coming months Hello Games will deliver much of the vision they had for this game but couldn't implement because of time constants , I don't care about meeting other people but it would be nice to have more variety in the planets and things on the planets.

All in all lovin the game.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I can´t get it how people can pay that much for a (pre?)alpha game.
I am sorry, but it´s the customers and hypetrain passengers that are the reason for the gaming industry going down the drain.
Because those Hobby-Devs nowadays don´t have to deliver anything, they can make wrong promises, lie, advertise their crap with polished videos, but people will still buy such rubbish. They fall for pre-order, not one time, but several times, like with The Division and "games" like that.

That all started with that early access crap and the steam policies for early access dev´s, like, for example, they never ever have to deliver a finished product to the customers that payed for those "games". That was the time the quality of ALL, even the AAA Studios titles, extinguished.

Hobby devs only had to buy some trees, grass, animals and stuff from the unity store, some are even free and used by such "devs". To sell empty promises. I know what i am talking about, i love those "survival"-crafting-exploring-base building games, and there were and are only early access titles of this genre, even if crap like Reign of Kings and ARK are sold as full versions, but just "play" them one time.... full version.... paaaah!

Now i own around 16, 17 "survival" games, all early access, some i own since the very first beginning, like Rust and 7 Days to Die. And i am a bit ashamed that i bought so much of that fraudulent wannabe "games" before realising that all of those devs are just hobby-, weekend devs that make promises galore, but aren´t able to develop games. That they all took the chance of making fast money without really doing something for it. Not at all for the quality of games.

How many of my games are worth to play now? Rust, one or two times a year for some days, on a good server of some friends with tons of mods. In vanilla this game is still a joke, after nearly 4 years in early access stadium.
7 Days is even worse, but playable for some days a year, without those boring and annoying zombies, just for building, farming, exploring, till it gets boring again. Maybe you can play it, if not the last "up"date destroyed everything again.

Really worth to play, from all those games, is only Empyrion - Galactic Survival. Good progress, the only one good devs that communicate with their community, etc.

But the worst thing is, since early access, as i said before, ALL games are just rubbish, even those from AAA studios.
Why? They see that they can take years to develope a good game, with a good and big team, work hard on it and deliver a very good game. Or they just sell promises with lies, polished videos, false advertisments and all that, and make the same money, but don´t have to invest that much. They don´t care anymore about what the players are thinking about dev teams or their games, they all nowadays just want to make fast money. And they make that fast money, because it seems that there are millions of idiots out there, idiots with too much money.

If nobody would buy the pig in the poke like Pre-Order crap, or early access rubbish, if nobody would pay 60 euros for an (pre?) alpha version of a game with no content anymore, the developers must change their behaviour and deliver quality games, and not false advertisement.

I came here to read about NMS after reading for more than an hour the steam reviews. I would love to see the refund statistics of NMS, as those from ARK. But thats something steam is silent about, as i know, i couldn´t find some refund statistics.

I really thought that ARK was "the cream of the crop" of fooling customers. Couldn´t think of that someone will be worse than ARK, but then came No Mans Sky. And no, i don´t have to own it to know that this is rubbish and sold with lies, some reading about all that is enough.

Like Where´s the NMS we were sold on?
From the text: Get your tinfoil hats ready people...
And it´s a long, very long list with all the sources listed where Sean Murray lied about the game and what all is missing.

People were told that the game will be updated in the future with "super-duper" content, and for sure everyting for free, because the players bought the game. And now? Get ready:
Sean Murray Says He Was “Perhaps Naive” in Saying No Man’s Sky Won’t Have Paid DLC

Sure, he sold a whatever number of those early alpha tech demos called No Mans Sky, for 60 Euros each, but has no money for the promised free DLCs? Sounds very logical and trustworthy...
And where is the difference between an early access title and a full version that needs to be patched and updated a thousand times, till it becomes a real game, maybe, in the dark future.
Is it easier to scam people for 60 Euros if a tech demo is called full version?

Wasn´t it funny(for somebody like me that didn´t fall for that scam, i would never ever again pay more than 20 Euros for any game ever) like Murray hoped people would never be able to find each other because the universe is that huge? And then two people met in NMS on DAY ONE, and couldn´t even see each other. But Murray told before that people could meet and see each other and interact with each other. I am sure he just hoped that it will never happen that people meet each other in that game.
Even more funny is that short before release it was said that there is no multiplayer, how could Murray be happy then about two people meeting each other in a single player game?

Right when you think the top of scam is reached(ARK, 30 or more Euros, don´t remember anymore), a Murray comes with NMS to top it. Doubles the price, and has way less content and reason to play than ARK. And that means something...

But is it really the dev, or are the customers that buy such "games" for 60 euros to blame for the decline of quality games. For the decline of the whole gaming industry.

If corporations can deliver incomplete crap and make the same money like hobby- and weekend devs with delivering unfinished crap, why should one ever again produce quality games, if there are millions of idiots on the earth that are willing to pay more and more for less and less quality?

I wouldn´t even buy NMS if it would be on Steam sale for 10 cents, because dev teams like Hello Games and liars like Sean Murray are not even worth those 10 cents, fraudsters like them are the reason for the fall of the gaming industry, are the reason for unfinished early access tech demos flooding the market, such titles nowadays were even sold as full versions, and people think that is normal?

You go to a Pizzeria and order a pizza. But before the waiter reaches your table with your pizza, he takes down the peperonis you paid for, the extra cheese, the spices. The pizza looks nothing like the pizza on the photo in the window of that Pizzeria. This pizza was praised as the best pizza in the universe by the pizza chef, but you only get some half baked pizza dough with a bit of tomato sauce and a little bit of cheese. But you already paid when you entered the Pizzeria, to be one of the "enlightened", few chosen ones that are allowed this pizza.
What would you do, would you defend the pizza chef and it´s "best of the whole universe pizza", or would you get your money back after throwing the chef this impudence into his greedy face?

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Have you played the game or are you basing your opinion on what others have said DerBeobachter ?
As you say you wouldn't buy it on Steam sale for 10 cents I'm guessing not , Sean Murray is part of a small team trying to bring something new and innovative to the genre , given the choice of of playing No Man's Sky (which I am) or any one of the mass market clones being released I prefer No Man's Sky.

The game is good and over time will get better , I'm enjoying my time in the Universe as it is and look forward to more content when it comes.
I find it curious how so much vitriol is being handed out to Sean Murray Hello Games for their ambition but none to Sony who are pulling the strings and calling the shots.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Just a little game info some might not know.

There are four tiers of solar systems, yellow, green, red and blue, rarity in that order.

If you follow the atlas path or the path to the center of the galaxy you will only come around yellow systems.

To reach the other systems you need to go free mode, and the reward is actually amazing.

More lush planets, more variety in wild life and more rare resources, some of the planets are actually beautiful, much better than the rocky barren yellow systems.

Good hunting

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Good advice. I'll have to try that more. I've been splitting freeform with progression about 50/50.

Today in my explorer's diary, I was exploring Savitar Theta system on planet Sav8-Saquave and discovered some more legless creatures that sort of hop around. After feeding one, it got really agitated and hopped off and crapped out some copper. Really ... So I tried feeding one of the other critters running around in the same little canyon and instead of crapping out copper, this one got really happy and ran around like an anxious dog digging up lumps of this and that: aluminum, gold, etc.

So try feeding the animals on occasion, it's another way to harvest resources sometimes.

But it does sound like I need to go off the beaten path more often since I'm playing to explore more than I am to get to the middle anytime soon.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I pre-ordered NMS on Jun 30 after reading about it. I expected at that time to receive a single player space sim with more than I can explore for a lifetime.

On Aug 12, I got exactly like I expected. I fired up the game.

Being retired, I have a lot of free time, and since 8/12/16...most of it has been in space, having a good time. I now have 58 hours logged and I still feel like I got a few hours left in this game as it is.

I would say 8/10.... I would go 9 but I feel the marketing for the game was somewhat deceptive... although my understanding on Jun 30 that there was no true multiplayer and it was a single player only game in which the only way other players could influence my experience was by renaming planets/animals... I was cool with that...it greatly influenced my decision to purchase. Too many people were under the impression that this was a multiplayer game....so they could grief people to death most likely... just like they do in EVE Online.

I love the game for what it is.

58 hour bug report:

2 times fell through the ground with no way out.

Several times crashed to desktop when clicking on weapon upgrades.

Game has a memory leak...after a extended period...it will eventually grind to so slow you have no option but to restart.

The damn W key...although I hope they got that fixed.... nothing like blasting off into space backwards at a gazillion miles an hour.

Couple of others that I can't think of.... all in all no worse than any other game release I have played.

The PC version will be modded into a masterpiece before it is over.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Yep, that's what I expected. The only thing I was worried about and disappointed on was that I was hoping that I would be able to somehow find my husband out there and we could go explore space together.

Oh, well ... Maybe it will be added later. As it is, he can't play until we upgrade his vid card.

I found werewolves on planet Philadelphia today ... werewolves!

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I watched one of the Twitch streamers play it from beginning to the 'end'. Looked cool but that was enough for me. I'll pass ever playing it myself. I will say the soundtrack is awesome though.

Back to Minecraft.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join